five bucks for two tix to see United beat Becks -- for real

Discussion in 'Barra Brava' started by DangerMouse37, Jun 3, 2008.

1. DangerMouse37

DangerMouse37 Member+

Jan 22, 2004
    WDC / Barra
    Barra nation --

I now have TWO tickets for the Beckham game on the 29th that need a home (as I will be out of town that day), and I am hoping you can help me...

What I would like to do is have a kind of auction for charity. The gig is simple: $5 gets you a chance to win both tickets. They are legit season tickets in the Barra. You can enter as many times as you like ($5 each) between now and just before the Scum game on the 14th when we'll hold the drawing. The drawing winner gets both tickets for the 29th.

100% of everything we take in as proceeds will go to a Barra charity -- probably split between Duffman's walk and Chico's brother's ride, but I'm open to other ideas if you have them, depending on how much interest there is.

So...

If you don't have tix, here's your chance. If you already have tix, I don't care if you give them away to a Barra-in-need, bring your mother in law or use them to help you find a date on e-harmony. The only stipulation is that, because these are Barra seats, whoever gets them is ready to support the team for 90 minutes (so no namby-pamby LA or England or ManU or any other usta-be Beckham jersey wearers). Other than that, its up to you.

Please help me spread the word. $5 for not one but two tix, all proceeds for charity.

Come see me at the tailgate tomorrow or send me a PM, or contact one of the Elders. And Vamos United!!!

DM37

2. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Thanks Andy, I'll look you up at the tailgate...

3. Duffman

Duffman New Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Lot 8, passed out
    Thanks Andy!!! I'll take you up on part of that donation. I've actually been in talks with Oscar about a fundraiser in October during breast cancer awareness month. Probably another concert and raffle. Once I solidify the date I'll post something as I'll be looking for bands to play.

4. DangerMouse37

DangerMouse37 Member+

Jan 22, 2004
    WDC / Barra
    Spread the word and the tailgate everyone -- we know that most people (hard to imagine, but true) aren't on BS!

See you this afternoon, rain or shine...

5. Diablo10

Diablo10 New Member

I want to thank you as well Andy! I'll be happy to accept anything for the Diabetes Assoc. You've already been generous with your donation. This would just be the icing on the cake! See you tonight!

Carlos

6. DangerMouse37

DangerMouse37 Member+

Jan 22, 2004
    WDC / Barra
    Raised nearly $200 so far. Keep it up, gang. Send me a PM if you want in and see us at the next tailgate.

I we can get $200 in a biblical flood, we can certainly raise $400 by the time of the raffle.

Thanks to everyone who contributed so far!

7. DangerMouse37

DangerMouse37 Member+

Jan 22, 2004
    WDC / Barra
    Thanks to Gina, who sent me a PM yesterday and put us over $200 for the raffle. :D:D

Bumpety bump.

8. StagsUnited72

StagsUnited72 Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Silver Spring, MD
    Don't forget about the raffle for barra game tickets for the la game. The money goes to charity.

bump.

9. DangerMouse37

DangerMouse37 Member+

Jan 22, 2004
    WDC / Barra
    OK gang, its time to help me plug this thing one more time.

You know the drill -- 2 tix, yours to use, contribute or burn as you see fit. $5 per chance, and the drawing at this weekend's tailgate. I know many of you diehards have tickets, but some don't and this is quite literally a charity case!

So...

In honor of mystery ticket contributor #2 -- none other than the lovely and
    talented Merrybee, the blonde bombshell that occasionally hangs out with Bootsy, a woman of sophistication and taste that I know for a fact thinks Beckham is indeed a "wanker"...

AND in support of charities near and dear to the Barra and Barra luminaries Duffman and Chico's Brother, who literally go the extra mile to end Breast Cancer and Diabetes...

AND in the interest of not having me post any more annoying messages asking you to cough up a lousy $5...

Spread the word.

Right now we need points to climb back into the season. A couple of PK calls going our way certainly wouldn't hurt. A ball that goes in off the crossbar instead of bouncing out wouldn't hurt. A sudden dramatic unexplained improvement in our goalie play wouldn't hurt.

Improved team karma. For you, my friend, special price. $5. :D

10. Rjbatzler

Rjbatzler Member

Oct 26, 2007
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll probably put forth some money for the karma, I'll look you up at the tailgate I guess. Maybe I'll have improved luck from the breast cancer raffle at the MLS Cup. :cool:

11. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey folks -- I just wanted to bump this thread. Andy and Mary have donated tickets to this drawing. Already got tix to the LA game? Chip in anyway, and if you win, use the tickets to bring someone new. Or donate them to a needy Barra member. Or whatever. The important thing is that the money is going to beloved Barra charities.

12. StagsUnited72

StagsUnited72 Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Silver Spring, MD
    Andy and I totaled up the funds that were raised on the way home. We would like to give a big thanks to everyone that contributed. The barra raised $600 for charities. Well done!!!

-Mark

13. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Thanks to both of you

14. DangerMouse37

DangerMouse37 Member+

Jan 22, 2004
    WDC / Barra
    Just a quick note of thanks to everyone.

As Mark said, the raffle raised a lot more than any of us expected. Special shout out to Solomon, who should be in fundraising -- what a force of nature!

Finally, I also wanted to send a big word of thanks to the newbies that contributed. We did get some big contributions from long-timers, but I was very impressed by the number of new faces that dug in and participated.

Though it may not always appear that way in SI or the paper, the Barra is more than just a moving mosh pit or drinking club. It is a community, built around the team. Through things like this, you show you "get it".

Anyway, $600, $300 each to Diabetes and Breast Cancer research from you guys.:D That should help toward six points at the next two games...

Gracias and see you in July.
    Vamos, DM

15. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I'm gonna have to remember to put Solomon to work :D

16. DangerMouse37

DangerMouse37 Member+

Jan 22, 2004
    WDC / Barra
    Sorry Solomon!:rolleyes:

17. scruggs45

scruggs45 Member

Jun 25, 2003
    kp, va
  18. StagsUnited72

StagsUnited72 Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Silver Spring, MD
    Not u. :D

19. scruggs45

scruggs45 Member

Jun 25, 2003
    kp, va
    was it vance?

how about the final for that league is after the game this sunday

what a nightmare

20. StagsUnited72

StagsUnited72 Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Silver Spring, MD
    No way I would allow Vance to win!!! It was a guy named Brian. He's in one of the washington times photos w/o a shirt on.