First USOC opponent is....

Discussion in 'Charleston Battery' started by Mikey mouse, May 26, 2009.

1. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Atlanta FC at Blackbaud on June 9. Or so the rumor has it. I guess it will be confirmed tomorrow by US soccer if they decide to let us know the draw.....

2. RevHammerBat

RevHammerBat Member+

Jul 1, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Charleston
    Well according to the predicitions on the usopencup site and how they see the teams getting grouped in we would be grouped in with Columbus as the MLS team we would face in the 3rd round. Other teams are Carolina, Charlotte, and Wilmington.

So looks like if that holds true we may have to become the NC State Champions instead of Texas. But hopefully that wont have to happen or we wont have to face Carolina just given our record against them...yes i know we won the first game this year...but would much rather face another team then them...lol

3. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    true I would like an easy road but honestly Charlotte and Willmington arent easy oppenents either. If we do get bracketed together We will find out today for sure) hopefully they slip up and we can take this ride to the finals again.

it looks like some of the early round pairings are slipping out before the official release, Kitsap pumas will play the Portland Timbers for example.

4. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The sneaky guys at USOpenCup.com have started building their 1st round matchups page. It's not on the front page and there's no fanfare but I guess until US Soccer "officially" releases the menu, the fans have to be clever. They still have us playing Atlanta FC.

http://www.usopencup.com/calendar/46184.html

5. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love this tournament

I wish it would get more attention for what it is. the classic underdog scenrio, local boys go bigtime, ma and Pa vs. Walmart, the story lines are almost endless. It is one of the oldest Soccer cups in the world and it is Right here in the US.

But sadly with a $100,000 in prize money for the winner doesnt anyone take it serious. Make the grand prize a $1,000,000 and it instantly becomes a very prestigous tournament. Hell they just paid $15 million for the ENTRY fee for SELECTION process for the hosting the World Cup.

USSF runs this now and I saw someone else talk about it but why dont they get an official sponsor? I know it has Lamar Hunts name attached to it now but why not the Lamar Hunt US Open Cup sponsored by Pepsi or something like that.

anyhow end of rant

It will be nice to get a team from Atlanta this year. wouldnt feel like a comeplete season until we played them again.

Mikey

fatbastard repped this.
  6. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Duct Tape Cup.

Oh yeah......

7. RevHammerBat

RevHammerBat Member+

Jul 1, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Charleston
    The Duct Tape Cup sponsered by Home Depot

hahaha...since the guys that originally got us talking about duct tape play for Miami...maybe we should make it the Duct Tape Derby....we would've already won that cup this year.

8. RevHammerBat

RevHammerBat Member+

Jul 1, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Charleston
    Its official now...its Atlanta FC on June 9th. The winner of that game will face the winner of the Miami FC/Lynch's FC game on June 16th

9. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. shealygg

shealygg Member

Jul 5, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    :D Love It !! :D

11. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wednesday, May 18
    Pittsburgh Riverhounds v. Long Island Rough Riders (NY)/Lansdowne Bhoys (NY) winner
    Rochester Rhinos v. Southie FC (MA)/Seacoast United Phantoms (NH) winner
    Saint Louis FC v. GPS Portland Phoenix (ME) v. AFC Cleveland (OH) winner
    Charleston Battery v. The Villages SC (FL)/Kraze United (FL) winner
    Wilmington Hammerheads v. Miami Fusion (FL)/Boca Raton FC (FL) winner
    Louisville City v. Michigan Bucks (MI)/Detroit City (MI) winner
    FC Cincinnati v. Indy Eleven NPSL (IN)/Cincinati Dutch Lions FC (OH) winner
    OKC Energy v. Mississippi Brilla FC (MS)/CD Motagua New Orleans (LA) winner
    San Antonio FC v. NTX Rayados (TX) /Corinthians FC San Antonio (TX) winner
    Colorado Springs Switchbacks v. Albuquerque Sol FC (NM)/Harpos FC (CO) winner

12. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really should have looked at the previous post dates when I rolled up and just necro-repped a post almost old enough to get a legal job in North Carolina :)

13. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No worries FB, good forum content is timeless.

BTW, I was hoping we'd see DCU in the USOC this year, we might finally win a Coffee Cup match but then you went and stomped the Whitecaps dick in the dirt 4-0 so now I'm not so sure I want to see you. o_O

14. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    haha i was wondering why I got rep from 2009 but my sentiments still remain!

goindownsouth and fatbastard repped this.
  15. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    goindownsouth repped this.