First casualty of the FieldTurf?

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by tkgunn, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tkgunn

tkgunn Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NJ
  2. rocker

rocker New Member

Dec 15, 2006
    apparently that was just an excuse... he hasn't come because of field turf but because of some regulations with being transferred that would have made it difficult to get him back I believe. someone else may know better the exact details.

3. Toronto Red

Toronto Red Member

Jan 8, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Yeh, cause Doctor's are not only experts in physiology they know everything there is to know about everything.

Anyone watch Nunez sprain his knee ligament yesterday unchallenged on the wonderful injury free surface knows as natural grass!.

This grass vs FieldTurf (and I use the brand not artificial grass) debate has got to stop.

Who is Kennedy anyway, some reject from Celtics reserve team:rolleyes:

4. SoccerNewf

SoccerNewf Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Pasadena, NL
    I'd like to see some actual statistics that FieldTurf is worse then natural grass, becuase I agree, this debate needs to be put to rest.

5. James17930

James17930 New Member

Feb 22, 2007
    Taipei
    The generation of FieldTurf we have at BMO is 99% identical to grass. It is in no way a danger to the players any more than natural grass is. A whole season (and the U20 WC) played at BMO will show that once and for all.

6. atlanticTFCfan

atlanticTFCfan Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 14, 2007
    Sydney, Nova Scotia
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I think if the surface was straight-up AstroTurf, as it was when the Blizzard played at the Ex, and when Soccer Bowl 81 was played there, then there would be a debate, no doubt.

Until the FieldTurf actually does cause a turf-related injury, let's put it on the backburner for now. ;)

7. scarshins

scarshins Member

Jun 13, 2000
    fcva
    the game of soccer as it should be played at the professional level- that's the first casualty.

five years from now, maybe Toronto has 7 months of a tray-grass field put over the field turf.

8. FCStalinists

FCStalinists New Member

Apr 13, 2007
    Toronto
    Real Clubs play on REAL GRASS not plastic. Celtic is a real club. Why would they want one of their players playing on plastic?

Its the reality and why you'll never see any top pro teams play at Joe Stalin Park.

9. Breakwood

Breakwood Member

Mar 23, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Who plays on plasitc?

10. Mr.Bill

Mr.Bill Member

Nov 29, 2006
    Fargo

You do know that Champions League group stage games and world youth tournaments have been played on this stuff already, right?

11. alphamale111

alphamale111 New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    Toronto

Well since they (TFC) are not a real club in your opinion - Don't go to the games. Hand in your tickets and quit trolling.

This whole grass vs turf this is the most stupid thing. The NFL. MLB and CFL have already done studies proving that major turf related injuries have been reduced slightly and minor injuries have increased slightly since the introduction of artificial turf in their stadiums. It does't make a difference. Even FIFA is coming around on the issue - especially since the technology gets better with each generation.
    True it's not 100% the same. It's 99%, but the new stuff is nothing like the old turf. No more water pooling or bad buckling. No more rug burns and bad seams. no concrete under the turf. The ball runs more true and faster than real grass......

12. alphamale111

alphamale111 New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    Toronto

That would require effort on their part to actually look that stuff up....

13. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saragosa

14. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder what FCStalinists' opinion of Spartak Moscow is.

15. James17930

James17930 New Member

Feb 22, 2007
    Taipei
    You're a twit.

16. Blizzard

Blizzard Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    This thread is going nowhere fast apart from quickly deteriorating into foolishness so I'm shutting it down.

The topic has been discussed in other threads and if people want to have reasonable discussions re. grass vs. FieldTurf, than fine but that is not happening here so there is no point in continuing!

KABONG!

B