Fire vs. Rapids (4/20 12:00PM)

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by moleman, Apr 19, 2019.

?

Final Result

1. Fire win

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Fire tie

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. Fire lose

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Something stupid is going to happen

9 vote(s)
    56.3%
  5. Malört

7 vote(s)
    43.8%
  6. Another early cold game in Bridgeview means another game with “10,000” in attendance

7 vote(s)
    43.8%
  7. At least it looks like the team isn’t losing their name

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    Just watched the highlights. If only SOMEONE would have suggested that the Fire go out and sign themselves an Argentine No. 10 a little bit sooner. :)

Seriously though, from the highlights and against Colorado it is hard to tell a lot. Gaitan made some sensational passes, and yes, I think that ball to Djordje was absolutely intentional. Fantastic. But, in highlights, I couldn't see if he played a complete game? Maybe he doesn't need to if Djordje becomes more of a grinder behind him? Thoughts on how that worked out with both from people who where there? Offensively, this team could be as good as any team the Fire have put on the field. Hopefully, they go on a bit of a run to generate some excitement in the soccer community. It's a shame to see so many empty seats.

goldclover and Pennsylvania Dave repped this.
  2. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Two quick points,

1) Gaitan had a very good game overall, or, as you say, a "complete game."
    2) So many empty seats due to the game being at noon on a Saturday in April. Just stupid.

Chris M. repped this.
  3. GHjelm

GHjelm Member+

Apr 23, 2008
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    It's bad that time and weather are a factor in attendance, but they definitely are. It turned into a beautiful day 60ish and sunny after predictions of 50ish and rainy. Unfortunately for my beautiful Swedish face, I was lulled into a false sense of security about sun/wind burn and am paying for it now.

goldclover repped this.
  4. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    That’s at least 80% marketing.

GHjelm, goldclover and xtomx repped this.