RIP Sigi Schmid

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by FlapJack, Jul 27, 2017.

1. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Skevin, skydog, napper and 2 others repped this.
  2. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  3. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm, how about this belief to add to the conspiracy theory: MLS wants to capitalize on LAG's success and MLS wants to LAG to do certain things to expand but LAG front office refuse so then MLS turns to Goats USA first and when that failed, now they have LAFC who will do MLS's bidding so as to expand commieball's popularity and ultimately MLS's relevance.

I'll take my tin-foil hat off now.

4. irobb

irobb New Member

Jul 12, 2016
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    we should all sign a petition to get rid of sigi.

5. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Nah. Give him the season and then if necessary, start fresh next year.

Sigi still has a good track record. The last thing I want is this FO rushing to bring in a "fixer" to drag us into the postseason.

If things are bleak come August, start quietly drawing up a list of replacements. Otherwise it's Bruce and the USMNT all over again.

The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  6. JPAR

JPAR Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I think if he loses the next three games, he has to go. I like Sigi, but this team has too much talent to play this horribly.

At the least they should park the bus, knowing Zlatan or Kamara will score at least one every game. It bothers me greatly that this team appears to have no identity and seems to lack an idea of how we want to play.

I hear Big Sam is available ;)

generaladmissision18 repped this.
  7. salvikicks

salvikicks Member+

Mar 6, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IMO give him until the all star break then if we still feel this way, get an interim and worry long a long term coach in the offseason. Either way the whole backline needs fixing. Cole is a bit of the exception but he can't play forever.

8. L.A. Native

L.A. Native Member+

Aug 1, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Instead of an interim, if Bruce is still available, pick him up for coach and GM. Then next offseason, see if Bruce can get us a Tata-level coach.

9. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Isn't Luis Enrique still out there?

L.A. Native repped this.
  10. The Beautiful Gamer

The Beautiful Gamer BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now that Bruce is a possibility I wouldn't be opposed to this plan. Better Bruce work for us than Becks in Miami as I hear he is thinking about giving him the reigns to his new club.

L.A. Native repped this.
  11. 100fyers

100fyers Member+

Aug 30, 2010
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No my man I'm ready to move on from the rinse and repeat method. This is the new era in the league if we had a competent FO who can get us Greg Berhalter I'd want him to be our next manager and he is the only American I would want currently. But until then my short list is as follows 1. Miguel Herrera 2. David Moyes 3. Sam Allerdyce 4. Marcelo Bielsa 5. Roberto Di Matteo any of those would be a footballing step up tactically speaking.

12. salvikicks

salvikicks Member+

Mar 6, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Miguel Herrera would be interesting from a media perspective. Players usually get new fans but I think he's one of the few coaches who would bring in more fans.

One of my other choices would be Osorio if/when he's fired as the Mexico manager.

A guy like Luis Enrique would be a breath of fresh air. All I know is we need someone who can get this team to play possession and defend in a compact way. I'm willing to wait for the right coach.

13. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    There are a few big name managers available right now. We can see Sigi sacked by the end of next week if results don't go our way. Our FO will surely want to get a big name manager to come in and right this ship, so I hope we make the smart decision.

But I am telling you guys, if Sigi is fired, we are gonna go after Jurgen. It's just what our FO will do.

14. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #SigiIn

15. The Beautiful Gamer

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep, Everton fired Sam Allardyce and David Moyes is out at West Ham. Of the two I can only see Moyes as a realistic option of moving to the States to run LA if Sigi can't salvage his job. I really wouldn't mind Moyes at all.

16. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Curse the Premier League and its global exposure, that has two middling managers considered "big names".

Honestly, if people value dynamic, stylish football, these are not the guys we should be looking at.

Laurent Blanc doesn't have a job, plays attractive football, has a prior relationship with Zlatan and albeit with an immense war chest, won every domestic trophy in France two years running before he left PSG.

Though I'm not sure what his level of interest would be, as I have to assume he's no working right now by choice...?

17. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    A few managers I'd like to see us go for in no particular order:

Luis Enrique
    Laurent Blanc
    Roberto Di Matteo
    Chris Coleman

WarGalaxy repped this.
  18. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Why Di Matteo, if you don't mind me asking?

Aside from the Champions League run, which honestly I have to feel was more luck than judgement, he'd not been very successful as a manager.

19. soft tattooed millionaire

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Sep 11, 2017
    Given the Fact on How this Season is Going, Here is my List
    1. Moe
    2. Larry
    3. Curly
    4. Shemp

20. The Beautiful Gamer

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I give Moyes more of a pass as I always considered him an MLS level manager Boxing above his weight level and actually holding his own. If he could do that in the BPL, he could be a potential Bob Bradley in the USA. But hey I have been wrong before. :)

21. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I think he is a decent manager, but he just isn't good with the English style of play. He got sacked at Villa kind of unluckily. I am a Villa fan so I remember our time with RDM pretty vividly and honestly he was incredibly unlucky with our team.

He is also still pretty young for a manager and I think he'd want to prove he can still manage. I like his tactics, but he isn't great defensively.

barroldinho repped this.
  22. 7E23

7E23 Member+

Jul 7, 2008
    Long Beach
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But that's our front office...

rokstedy, TOAzer, napper and 2 others repped this.
  23. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And extra points for not listing "Curley Joe" DeRita, the poorest excuse for a Stooge ever.

TrickHog and The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  24. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Last season we failed with a GII-focused Dallas-style/Tottenham-style approach of relying on youth and lesser known, but closer to their prime DPs. This season we’re failing with the safest of safe coaching choice and our go-to move of signing a big name.

I’m of the opinion two dramatically different approaches yielding the same result suggests there are deeper issues that cannot be solved with a managerial change.

Like when Bruce came along I think we need a change of philosophy and probably a change of personnel at the top.

25. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Neither Zlatan nor our offense in general has been our problem this season. Our crappy defense is our problem. And that defense isn't the result of poor big name signings - it is the result of poor small name signings.

TrickHog and The Beautiful Gamer repped this.