Fire Osorio!!

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by El_Huero, Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beat junky

beat junky Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    CA
    Wait to see how we do in the WC.

2. siva66

siva66 Member+

Apr 7, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It’s in his best interest to get us as far as he can so he can get a better job. I have no problem with it.

Hecho en Chivas and NCCFBALL repped this.
  3. megadeath

megadeath Member+

Oct 10, 2009
    Tienes mucha razón. Se me olvidó la mamada de dejar entrar a todos para el mundial de 2026. No se. Este mundial de Rusia tal vez será el último que realmente tenga un valor especial. Los demás serán devaluados y diluidos por mediocridad. En fin los corruptos de el fútbol son los que mandan. Creo que por eso cada vez me importa menos. Llegará el punto que ya me vele madre y lo pare de seguir.

Kaney repped this.
  4. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Let’s play this out:

Worst case scenario he doesn’t renew for crashing out r16

Best case scenario we get to qtrs/semi/final

Still won’t renew. No coach would stick around another 4 years in Mexico.

5. beat junky

beat junky Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    CA
    I'm talking about the criticism breh...some of it is definitely warranted.

LGRod repped this.
  6. Colima24

Colima24 Member+

Jul 28, 2005
    Villa de Alvarez
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Just cease all of this speculation and hand Piojo a blank check and sign him to a lifetime contract.

Serg33, nicamex1935 and ShockMaster repped this.
  7. NCCFBALL

NCCFBALL Member+

Apr 19, 2007
    ITALY
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    what a terrible post. Piojo is the soccer coach equivalent to Trump

8. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Lake County, IL AKA Southern Wisconsin
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He ain't that bad...

He's not great but I don't think he's terrible either...

beat junky, Californian81, Otaku and 2 others repped this.
  9. Regulus Tera

Regulus Tera Member+

None
    Mexico
    Sep 10, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Handing the job to Piojo again after firing him for indiscipline would be ridiculous. It would be FMF admitting they made a mistake in the first place, not to mention we forget the two months leading to his firing. The team played awful that summer until the Gold Cup final.

10. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    they should rehire him for the sole reason he smacked that dude upside the head.

11. megadeath

megadeath Member+

Oct 10, 2009
    Everyone seems to forget how the referee single handed took us to the final. That team was garbage the whole tournament until the final.

12. TheDude47

TheDude47 Member+

Jun 17, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Esto mil veces.

13. TGO

TGO Member+

Jul 4, 2011
    Re-hiring Piojo means Lainez gotta wait after the 2022 Qatar WC before he gets a look in the NT. ;)

...you know...proceso.

14. DankYummy

DankYummy Member

Nov 15, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It's crazy that Lainez can't even get play time with Piojo. Phil Foden started today in champions league, even tho it was decided. The same Foden that Lainez outshone when playing against in U17 world cup. You telling me Piojo thinks Lainez can't even get a sub appearance against Veracruz, AND is being benched by Joe Corona :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

15. NCCFBALL

NCCFBALL Member+

Apr 19, 2007
    ITALY
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Guess piojo really didn't learn from LaVolpe

Californian81, DankYummy, LGRod and 2 others repped this.
  16. hidrocalido

hidrocalido Member

Aug 9, 2015
    east LA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Piojo is salty he didn't unearth lainez and edson. Lainez creates far more opportunities than his current starters. And edson is NT material already. Didn't piojo start reyes when he was 18 or 19?
    This bitter oldman bs doesn't happen in england.

17. TheDude47

TheDude47 Member+

Jun 17, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Makes me sad man. I know America are doing well, but to cut these cats completely is kinda wack.

LGRod and SGuerrilla repped this.
  18. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Heard a great interview the other day on ESPN where Dionicio whatever his name is was interviewing an Argentinian journalist or tv personality. The Argie was saying that the Mexican press is too hard on Osorio. To summarize, he said you have to look at the group Mexico is in and what the possibilities are if they go through to the second round.

1. Germany is without a doubt the strongest team in the group
    2. Mexico has a great chance at beating Sweden and S. Korea
    3. It's hard to imagine Mexico coming out first in the group, which means they would probably face Brazil in the second round
    4. Asking any team in the world to beat Germany (defending world champ) or Brazil (in their current form) is a huge task.

Dionicio then said some BS about Osorio not living up to expectations with regard to giving Mexico a jump in quality that was promised. The Argie then went on to say that Osorio never promised a jump in quality, he was simply hired to do a job.

He then asked Dionicio which coach in the world would improve the Mexican team so much so as to get them past Germany or Brazil? Dionicio answed Vucetich. LOL

Neymadres, NCCFBALL, icybauer and 9 others repped this.
  19. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Lake County, IL AKA Southern Wisconsin
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    LMAO

20. Californian81

Californian81 Member

Chivas
    Mexico
    Oct 26, 2017
    Honestly, I think our level is Quarters. I'm trying to be objective and not sound like a homer, but that's what I really feel the team is capable of, if not for our weak mentality once we enter this stage.

I base this on how well we do against ANYONE in the group stages. Something changes mentally once we go direct elimination.

beat junky repped this.
  21. TGO

TGO Member+

Jul 4, 2011
    Advancing the GS has always been the expected goal. Mexico has had tough luck with R16 opponents. Most of the teams that Mexico faces at this stage are a tier above them. Even then, Mexico typically plays a great game but to be undone by a spectacular individual brilliance by the opponent.

It looks like Brazil is going to be Mexico's opponent in the R16 if everything plays into plan. This sucks.

I believe Mexico's level is around the quarter-finals but they routinely beaten up in the R16 by opponents that are simply a class above Mexico. There isn't shame in that, imo.

Although, last year's WC was probably Mexico's legit shot at the semi's. Mexico had the Netherlands on the ropes but Piojo made changes that ruined his team's chances to advance.

If Osorio somehow gets Mexico beyond the R16, that would be quite the accomplishment!

22. beat junky

beat junky Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    CA
    Agreed brother.

I lol when these wila bros want him back at the helm.

He should stick to coaching las wilas.

Le queda muy grande el saca al frente de la seleccion.

Hecho en Chivas and TGO repped this.
  23. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    The last time we faced a team that we were objectively better than was 2002. Every good showing since then in R16 has been of an inferior team doing their best and giving a giant a scare. Until we’re man for man overall a better team than our opponent, I don’t see how we can say we have the level to expect quarters, without appealing to variables like luck, team chemistry, balls, etc.

LGRod repped this.
  24. NCCFBALL

NCCFBALL Member+

Apr 19, 2007
    ITALY
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You ask me to pick a top tier nation in r16 if we are going to face one and everytime I would pick Brasil. I'll take our chances with them vs any other top tier nation, especially in Europe

LGRod repped this.
  25. Special_talent23

Real Sociedad
    Mexico
    Mar 26, 2017
    Cada vez estoy más seguro que Osorio no va a llevar a Rodolfo Pizarro al mundial.

Por alguna estúpida razón parece que no le gusta mucho al colombiano.

LGRod and DankYummy repped this.