Fire Osorio!!

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by El_Huero, Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Bunkering on a one goal lead? Dude so he brought in our prolific scorer chicharo and aquino as subs to bunker? They were on us.

Yall just dont get it, he ran out of players to squeeze life out of....they were bringing in huntelaars and sneijders....let that sink in.

and im not bragging about a a gold cup, im saying MINIMUM those guys could win that shit. This guy cant even get that right and your telling me to expect something?

Paco' and iveman27 repped this.
  2. Emigomez

Emigomez Red Card

Dec 15, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Think about what you just said.

Let me get this straight, when Piojo does a scrub strat because his team is getting murked it is due to the players not being good enough and it has nothing to do with Piojos strategy.

But when Osorio gets murked its 100% on his strategy and not at all the players fault..mmmk

So much for being objective

edit: BTW, losing by 1 losing by 2 losing by 10 it is all equally a loss. IDK why people get so upset when we lose 7-0 , it hurt me that day badly but i got over it. Teams getting scored on nasty happens all the time even in top level play it happened to brazil it has happened to real madrid it happens all the time.

Kaney repped this.
  3. iveman27

iveman27 Member+

Feb 7, 2013
    Club:
    Club América
    10 minutes are enough to hang him by his toes, but 2 competitions are just growing pains...

Kaney and Baysic repped this.
  4. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    i dont even know how to respond to this.

Osorio is getting bodied 10 minutes into the game.......******** yess its his strategy.

Piojo went into the world cup with minimal time with the team and did a hell of a job IMO. We were 10 min out from the 5th game.

Again Aquino was ball watching. What can you do?

5. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    People stay trying to muddy the waters by making it about piojo and osorio.....

It's not about Osorio or Piojo
    It's about real ones and bitches,
    Power and Money,
    Ridaz and punks....

Which side are you on @Colima24 @Phenom @chiva_guero ?

6. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Los Angeles Football Club
    Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    LOL no maméis, breh.

Baysic repped this.
  7. Colima24

Colima24 Member+

Jul 28, 2005
    Villa de Alvarez
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Team Piojo 4ever, holmes.

Baysic and iveman27 repped this.
  8. Emigomez

Emigomez Red Card

Dec 15, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    #1533 Emigomez, Nov 15, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    Gold cup means nothing, thats why Osorio sent the B/C team to it (literally not one euro player went to the mickeymouse cup).. To put into perspective how BS the gold cup is USA are the 2017 gold cup winners, where are they now? Get a clue

In tournaments that actually matter here are the facts:
    • Under Piojo we barely qualify to 2014 world cup. Repechaje .
    • Under Piojo Mexico got taken out in round of 16.
    • Piojos leadership wasnt that great, he couldnt get Vela to go to the 14 world cup and he apparently did not value Jonathan Dos santos when he was in his prime age.
    • Piojos win% was mediocre and he wont be remembered for anything in the NT.

• Under Osorio Mexico gets 4th place in confederations cup.
    • Under Osorio we qualify comfortably first in Concacaf to 2018 world cup.
    • We have yet to see where Osorio will take us in the world cup.
    • Under Osorio all our best players are present and seem to respect him.
    • Osorio has the best win% of all Mexican coaches history. The WC might change that

Based on these facts alone IDK what you see in Piojo other than a man cheerleader/mascot whos able to motivate certain players and make us all laugh. As an Americanista I guess i can see why you praise him so much he did alot for that club and discovered Layun so i guess i like him for that.

SoDamnSmooth repped this.
  9. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Mmmmh... he was hired just before the playoff against New Zealand. He literally had like, one friendly against Finland and then faced NZ.

10. Emigomez

Emigomez Red Card

Dec 15, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think you are right , it was under chepo when we had the horrible 2013 wc qualifier and the 2013 confeds cup that we got eliminated in the group stage .

11. iveman27

iveman27 Member+

Feb 7, 2013
    Club:
    Club América

• [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

12. Emigomez

Emigomez Red Card

Dec 15, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Still doesn't negate the fact that piojo has a mediocre win %.

Kaney repped this.
  13. TheDude47

TheDude47 Member+

Jun 17, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Lmao you think Holland wasnt pushing El Tri to the side? When the going got rough HOL turned it into another gear that MEX just didnt have

R. Carrillo repped this.
  14. Emigomez

Emigomez Red Card

Dec 15, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    could say the same thing about the chile loss and the germany loss.

15. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Talent tells. AND Holland, Chile, and Germany were simply better teams when we played them.

16. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    We choked against Holland and taking out Gio was a huge mistake

Piojo’s balls shrank after we got up 1-0

17. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Right.

So why point out the fact that Poland was missing key players while omitting the fact that Mexico was also experimenting, not only with personnel but with tactics as well AND playing as a visitor to top it all off.

I disagree about the intensity of the game. I personally thought it was a well played game on both sides given the limitations.

The constant need to demonize friendlies is ridiculous. Seems like you're criticizing for the sake of criticizing in this regard.

I'm not sure how you can scream "blatant lie" below but have no problem being intellectually dishonest regarding this particular point.

There is ample evidence that this particular coach has adjusted player selection and tactics based on certain performances. The fact that you are willfully ignorant of this shows, again, your lack of objectivity. I haven't called you a liar or anything of the sort because this is a debate that is needed around here so I expect you address my points in the same manner.

I've listened to his interviews and I've listened to them carefully, which is why it's amusing that many people, namely you, don't seem to grasp the logic of what he's explaining. Literally ever single tactical decision has been explained by Osorio. Why he prefers a flat back four, why he prefers height and physicality in the fullback and defensive midfield position, why he moved away from attacking fullbacks, why he doesn't mind Raul Jimenez drifting wide even if it's not something he favors in his center forward.

All of this has been explained. You and I don't have to agree with it but let's not be purposefully dense about this.

Wait. Are you serious?

Chepo lost in the semifinals of the B level Gold Cup in 2013 to Panama when the "A" team was at the Confederations Cup.....just like Osorio.

Osorio also lost in the semis, this time to Jamaica but managed to get to the semi final of the Confederations Cup.

LaVolpe also lost to an alternative Colombian squad (which finished third in its group behind Honduras and Panama with 1 win and 2 losses) in the 2005 B level Gold Cup. While finishing in fourth place at the Confederations Cup........just like Osorio.

Javier Aguirre is the only one who has won the B level Gold Cup in the past 12 years. So again, Osorio stands next to all the recent coaches in terms of results.

All the above information is easily accessible. Not sure why you felt the need to embellish.

This is the epitome of empty criticism.

The majority of players involved with the NT since Osorio took over were players that were already part of the NT. Ochoa and Corona went to the WC under Miguel Herrera, Moreno, Layun and Reyes went to the WC under Miguel Herrera. Herrera, Guardado, Gio, Oribe and Jimenez also went to the WC under Miguel Herrera.

Jesus Duenas and Oswaldo Alanis? Got their start under Miguel Herrera.

Carlos Vela and Jonathan dos Santos? Integrated back into the NT under Miguel Herrera.

Hugo Ayala? Has been on the fringes of the NT for over a decade. Got caps with Miguel Herrera and Chepo before Osorio gave him another chance. Jesus Corona and Hirving Lozano? Integrated into the NT under Osorio.

The core has been in place long before Osorio took over and I mean this with the utmost respect, if you look at the lineups for the "important" games, WCQs, Confederations Cup or high profile friendlies, there are between 8 and 9 players that always play in those games. The exception could possibly be the Germany game in the Confederations Cup where there were a number of injuries and suspensions that affected the backline. Otherwise, you're welcome to provide some sort of data that backs up your claims.

Seriously lol, what are you even talking about? Our domestic cup? The B level GC? The one only Aguirre has been able to win?

lol c'mon man....patadas de ahogado.

Now, the bit about discarding players for dumb reasons. This is obviously something we disagree on. And not just you and I but many people in general don't agree with this line of thinking. Like you said earlier.....they (and you) ate it up.

Mexico has historically had a physical disadvantage in these positions so I'm not totally against the coach trying something different. This is a difference of opinion, obviously.

Those are strong words. I mean, calling Osorio a sociopath in the context of this conversation is quite a reach.

I disagree with you and I'll leave it at that.

You really need to stop making this about me because I've disagreed with and criticized many of his decisions.

Gallito played well as a 5 in the last World Cup, probably the biggest surprise and his quality showed when facing some very, very good midfielders. He's also guilty of being tactically undisciplined and not much of a threat aerially.

Unfortunately for the both of us, Osorio prefers height in that position. It can be argued that he's wrong but again, I don't see this is a huge deal. It's simply a tactical preference. Much like Chepo had his with two 5's in that area of the field or Aguirre with using Efrain Juarez as an interior next to Torrado or Miguel Herrera with using a pure central midfielder like Jonathan in that role.

Like I said earlier, if you were as consistent with your criticism of these decisions throughout these last cycles then yeah, this would be a much cleaner discussion. But you haven't. And now we're left with your emotional gripes disguised as "rational" criticism.....even of things that can be easily disproven.

Pretty much every single coach Reyes has had as a professional has attempted to play him in that position.

I suppose they don't know the player either. I agree with you 100%, Diego excels as a CB.......he *might* do the job as a 5 if needed out of emergency but at least for the NT, it's clear he's not going to excel there.

Lastly, you bring up an interesting point and something that I think is unequivocally one of Osorio's biggest flaws. This isn't a club team. This is the National Team and he's never going to get enough time to work out those kinks to make his formations run as a smoothly as possible.

Richy_Rich, Kaney, Handsome Solo and 2 others repped this.
  18. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Nobody has ever fully explained this thought process.

It's as if Miguel Herrera was sole decision maker for two teams on the field.

Is it simply not possible that Holland adjusted tactically and had more quality than Mexico to overcome a one goal deficit?

Kaney and Rafael Hernandez repped this.
  19. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Perhaps

But we had their backs against the wall and rather than look for a second goal we just sat back to hold onto that one goal lead

NCCFBALL and thedragonrik58 repped this.
  20. NCCFBALL

NCCFBALL Member+

Apr 19, 2007
    ITALY
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Euro teams don't want México in their group every wc. That says enough.

Emigomez and thedragonrik58 repped this.
  21. NCCFBALL

NCCFBALL Member+

Apr 19, 2007
    ITALY
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Before offering Pizzi, Saudia Arabia offered Osorio $5mm to coach them in world cup. Lots of cash.

22. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  23. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Say we lose the opening against Germany.

This facker is going to rotate in a must win or die game next?

That right there is the facking problem.

24. TGO

TGO Member+

Jul 4, 2011
    I will lol if he rotates keepers too.

25. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico