Fire Osorio!!

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by El_Huero, Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emigomez

Emigomez Red Card

Dec 15, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The man did not win gold this year but he also does not have a bad record. It seems to Mexico fans if we arent first we are last.

I am curious to see the Mexican campaign in the WC under Osorio

2. erdons

erdons Member

May 1, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    The problem is we've seen that he will continue his tinkering bs and playing players out of position and we will bow out maybe even at the group stage in Russia, we know what he can do and frankly it's not going to be pretty. Go ahead and tell medios and fans to F-off and accept that we won't be doing crap in Russia, but hey if they want to do such a thing it won't surprise me, people will still fly to Russia and people will continue to go to meaningless games vs Venezuela in Phoenix regardless of what they do.

sowrong repped this.
  3. ipaman

ipaman Member+

Apr 5, 2004
    HOUSTON, TX
    So what if he continues tinkering. He was hired to do his thing, let him do his thing with his style and live with the results. Pulling the rip cord now let's everyone off the hook except the coach. If you leave him in place and he has a colossal failure then he and those who hired him should be fired. personal responsibility is what is needed and allowing mistakes to happen is the only way to reach that point. make decisions and live with the results.

Many of the fans are naco losers that don't deserve this coach and team. They boo their own team, they don't listen to FIFA/FMF, whether they agree or not, they continue to spend money on moleros, etc... honestly i have no sympathy for the fans. they are just as stupid as FMF.

Handsome Solo repped this.
  4. erdons

erdons Member

May 1, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Personally I think the firing should have came after the 7-0, if and when he's fired in December it will once again be a failed proceso, someone will come in with their rara attitude, we will do well in the group stage in russia and bow out again, a simple bandaid fix and we will repeat the same thing as always.

If they had a molero with 100 fans show up maybe they would make a Change and stop having meaningless games, but idiots keep filling up 50k stadiums with the team winning ugly 1-0 against Venezuela or Ecuador. In other words they line up a buffet of sh*t and people keep going back for seconds.

5. Emigomez

Emigomez Red Card

Dec 15, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    So now its the fans fault ? ?

The issue is the federation and shit like el pacto de caballeros but this is something that has been echoed in these forums for years now so it is probably redundant of me to say that, I just find it weird to blame the fans. Players need to stand up and form a strong union against the practice, something that Spanish players successfully managed to do in the late 1970s.

6. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This

The rotations weren't such an issue in the Gold Cup

Calling up useless players and not having a strong forward was our undoing in this tournament

LGRod and thedragonrik58 repped this.
  7. ipaman

ipaman Member+

Apr 5, 2004
    HOUSTON, TX
    He was hired to qualify to WC and make a 5th game. He's well on track for the first and has yet to have an opportunity for the 2nd. Also, he was not hired for a made up money making tournament that was Copa American Centenario. So he's done nothing to deserve being fired as of yet imo.
    Exactly, the fans are just as stupid as the directivos and the fmf. they made for each other.

Handsome Solo repped this.
  8. ipaman

ipaman Member+

Apr 5, 2004
    HOUSTON, TX
    i said before the tournament that Pulido and his performance was going to make or break this team and i was right. can't win if you can't score and with Pulido out we didn't have an outright goalscorer. flaming out was easily predictable.

9. sowrong

sowrong Member+

Aug 20, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He wasn’t hired to qualify. Qualifying should be a given in this region (especially in this weak cycle). He was hired to actually win a knockout game in the World Cup, something his performances so far are showing he’s completely inept at accomplishing.

Kaney, iveman27, TGO and 4 others repped this.
  10. erdons

erdons Member

May 1, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Yes, fans showing up in droves to support a B team against Venezuela or Ecuador or the typical molero opponent have a direct effect on Mexican soccer. It's a huge business, why waste money going to Europe on FIFA dates when they can just fill soldier field and make millions and while doing nothing in terms of soccer.

I would hate to think that he was hired with the sole expectation of qualifying for the WC, but with the way this is such a business, whoever is up top might not even care if we get to the 5th game as long as the World Cup money comes in.

11. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    At some point we all need to realize that he isn't "tinkering." This IS his method of playing. The rotations and changes will continue because it's how he wants to play, not out of necessity to find where the players should fit but as a means of keeping players fresh and his idea that players should be polyfunctional.

iveman27 and sowrong repped this.
  12. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The fans aren't the fully to blame but erdons makes some good points.

In a way we fans are our own worst enemies. Would MLS be poaching players if it weren't for Mexico fans? Would Gold Cup be held every 2 years in the US? Would the federation be forced to bring in stronger teams or travel to Europe? Would we have a chance of joining Conmebol? Maybe yes, maybe no, but you can't doubt that the economic impact of Mexico fans influences the decisions that are made.

The other part is the greedy and complacent nature of the FMF along with other things but we fans certainly play our parts.

13. Neymadres

Neymadres Member+

Jan 29, 2013
    So CaL
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  14. ipaman

ipaman Member+

Apr 5, 2004
    HOUSTON, TX
    Bro do I have to quote myself? "He was hired to qualify to WC AND make a 5th game."

I already have which is why I said we need to see it out. Let them succeed or fail but either way see it out so we reach a natural conclusion for better or worse. We've already tried the quick fires and quick hires and nothing different has come from it. Let's try something different this time and maybe we'll be surprised by the result. Or not and they'll be who we thought they were anyway and everyone will be right.

15. Serg33

Serg33 Member+

Jul 11, 2007
    just hire nothing but Germans to take over the FMF......simple....problem solved....then players like Neymar will beg to play in our league....and Mexico will start producing nothing but Lothar Matthaus level players....

easy peasy lemon squeezey

Kaney, Piedraias, Handsome Solo and 4 others repped this.
  16. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Los Angeles Football Club
    Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    LOL it really is that simple if you're willing to invest in the long term future. FMF only wants the get-rich-quick schemes.

17. Serg33

Serg33 Member+

Jul 11, 2007
    Right! Because all these European federations don't care about money! Mexico is so fuked....only thinking about money. Germany NEVER plays moleros....friendlies against only top 5 national teams, ALWAYS.....forget about the fact that the German league has more foreigners than Liga MX....they have the best foreigners so it's ok.

DankYummy, LGRod and thedragonrik58 repped this.
  18. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    you're too dense.

DankYummy and Neymadres repped this.
  19. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Una mas y te robo tu avatar. #juegosdemente2017

[emoji12]

20. Serg33

Serg33 Member+

Jul 11, 2007
    nope....he's right on track....FMF is only about the dolla dolla bill.....it's the ONLY federation about money, cash, hoes.

21. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    And I know a shitload of MLS fanboys who say the USSF/MLS isn't money hungry, to which I say they're full of shit, well at least MLS is. Why do you think MLS rejected the $4 billion deal to go promotion/relegation in 10 years time? Because it would allow teams in the USL, NASL, PDL, etc. to enter top flight without having to pay so much money. MLS would rather collect a fee for each new franchise ($110 million in the case of LAFC) and get a piece on various earnings of said new franchise. Even if they cap off the amount of teams, because eventually teams will die, and they'll just give the franchise to another city willing to pay. So those fvckers from MLS have no right to criticize Liga MX/FMF, for they are just as greedy, because there's less money in promotion/relegation despite the $4 billion that they could grab now.

22. Serg33

Serg33 Member+

Jul 11, 2007
    did not read

DankYummy and LGRod repped this.
  23. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Aww porq no? It's one of those blue moon posts in which I speak negatively of MLS. Although I admit their limitations, I usually speak objectively, rarely negatively.

24. Serg33

Serg33 Member+

Jul 11, 2007
    don't care about the MLS

Kaney, DankYummy and LGRod repped this.
  25. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Alright, my bad. I mistook you for one of the typical BSMXers that live to call MLS on its shit and thrive on others doing the same.