Fire fans supporting EPL team

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Golazco, Aug 10, 2006.

1. jonnyk1569

jonnyk1569 New Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Brazil, Africa

I didnt retract my accusation of MLS Marketing...That still stands. They've been doing it all along.

I was only wrong about who...

I'll bet it's Steve (I PINCH) :D

2. Kozy

Kozy tHE pOPULAR fRONT

Oct 13, 2004
    check.
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    B-I-N-G-O, and steve-o was his name-o. :D

3. pylon

pylon New Member

Mar 28, 2004
    Chi-Det corridor
    Speaking of Boro, weren't some of their fans on about being interested in the Fire cause our strip is similar (their 888 kit and even some shirts from the 70s are red with the single white hoop).

I'm a Tottenham man myself, but I could get behind Middlesbrough. I had a housemate from Teesside who was a big fan and I was truly riveted by the latter stages of their spetacular Uefa Cup run last year.

And this from the archives of the often funny fansite boroforecast.com:
    "We look at Boro's Premiership failure this season, the lack of activity at the transfer window & the very real prospect of Boro repeating the mistakes of '96/97. Is McClaren a dead man walking?"

Hmmmmmmm...sounds like we can sympathise. I vote for Middlesbrough.

4. chitown

chitown New Member

Mar 15, 2000
    Chicago
    Ice Blink I'm not apologizing for anything and I respect your opinion. I'm a Manutd fan and was wondering who you expected to play and why you had that expectation even going back and looking at the ad copy you pulled it makes no guarentees as to who would be playing.

Fact is Ronaldo was on Nat team duty. Rudd was getting married and some key players were injured (Giggs, Rio, Scholes) but they did make the trip.

Went wrong was Fergie viewed the match as a pre-season game and decided to try out some of the young blood BUT the fan expectation in Chicago was it was a marquee event and that is the fault of ChampionsWorld not Manchester United.

Trust me on this I know first hand it was a huge PR nightmare by ChampionsWorld. I'm not making any apologies (I was personally screwed out of about $175,000 for services by CW) and I guess all I'm saying is point the finger at the comapny that put the event together and not the club in fact far from it.

All I'm doing is trying to get you back to fold for ManUtd.

5. jonnyk1569

jonnyk1569 New Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Brazil, Africa

Are you a Detroit Red Wings fan too? Or a Barcelona/Real Madrid Fan?

The problem with the ManU's, Chelsea's, Red Wings, etc is that they are so wealthy that they can buy any player they want. Chelsea has spent 800 MILLION dollars in transfer fees alone over the past 3 years. Of course you're going to win everything! That doesn't garner much respect from working class folks. Hard work and heart go a long way in this town.

On top of that, for some reason, the wealthy teams are the dirtiest, divingest (to coin a phrase), least classy teams in the league. They have all the talent, and still play like Dallas. What's to like/respect about that?

Granted, there are times when Man U/Chelsea do play some very pretty football, but I'd rather watch West Brom play their hearts out and lose 2-1, because they've earned my respect.

6. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    I remember it, but if you're basing it on last year's CL comeback, wouldn't that make you a Barca fan?

7. Golazco

Golazco New Member

Aug 3, 2006
    chicago

thanks, apology accepted

8. chitown

chitown New Member

Mar 15, 2000
    Chicago

9. Dont Tread

Dont Tread New Member

Feb 22, 2006
    Terre Haute,IN
    I also like how 98 for the fire is similar to 99 for MANU

10. loonixxx

loonixxx Member+

Chicago Red Stars
    Aug 28, 2004
    Soccer Limbo
    Club:
    Jagiellonia Bialystok SSA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    bunge repped this.
  11. rooked

rooked Member+

Jan 21, 2013
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    bunge repped this.
  12. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Same thing?

loonixxx and bunge repped this.
  13. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    OPB! ftw

THE WHOLE WORLD IS WATCHING!

(sorry to quote myself)

skinut repped this.
  14. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
  15. Iceblink

Iceblink Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nothing has changed. F*** Man U.

xtomx repped this.
  16. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    Today’s Barcelona/Chelsea game on FS1 was a great example of how bad it is to watch the EPL on TV. The announcers were comical. Possession was 70/30 in favor of Barcelona but comments were probably closer to 90/10 about Chelsea. It’s embarrassing.

I swear to god people listen to the announcers and buy into the bias and think the style and quality of the EPL is actually the best in the world. That’s comical too.

17. IU Gooner

IU Gooner Member+

Feb 8, 2009
    Chicago
    Doesn't FOX use the UK broadcast feed? Of course that's going to be English centric.

Took Barca at 6-1 to win the whole thing before the round started. Somehow they were only the 4th favorite.

18. Iceblink

Iceblink Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Prepare to feel old. OP is almost 30 years old now.

19. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    I think it was Stuart Holden and someone else.