Fire Chris Klein

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by JPAR, Sep 16, 2018.

1. JPAR

JPAR Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I think we need this thread.

The whole FO needs to go. I can't believe we are basically in the exact same place as last year. Without Zlatan, we would be looking at the Wooden Spoon award again.

I believe our defence has now given up as many goals as we did at this stage last year....How is this possible with our payroll?

Fire them all.
    https://www.latimes.com/sports/soccer/la-sp-sigi-schmid-baxter-20180915-story.html

2. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They might, possibly, have some excuse if AEG came at them with a budget cutting knife, and they adjusted poorly. It's an unlikely and mediocre excuse.

I sign on to your proposition. Once they are all gone, then what?

3. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Find a good President and GM. Businesses/organizations do it all the time.

luigi-55, rokstedy, Geneva and 1 other person repped this.
  4. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The picture painted by that article is even more grim than I expected.

I hate to say it but we can't afford this with LAFC finding traction and momentum. We've already lost fans* to them. It's not unreasonable to think that more will switch after this display.

*=Yes, I'd be the first to question whether such individuals would truly fit that description but in real terms, it's still an issue that the Galaxy shouldn't take lightly.

hav77, TrickHog and Geneva repped this.
  5. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just a reminder we are still paying Onalfo, Sigi and now Don coaching contracts.

We decided to go with youth and "searched the world" to find Onalfo. Didn't give him any flexibility with the roster. Didn't give him time to carry out a plan and later axed him and a good amount of the players that came up through the academy and second team.

Sigi came in with a plan and there was clearly some things we were behind on scouting, future planning, staff, don't now where to put rival fans. If we want to be the best team in the US and the best team in North America we should have these things outlined.

Sigi was given more flexibility than Onalfo but still not enough to change things. Wasn't given time to exacute his plan.

Pete was given less responsibility after last season but still has a job

Kirsovski gets to continue his second job at fox

Klein got a pay raise.

Nothing will change unless their is a change with those 3

kaburu, rokstedy, JPAR and 2 others repped this.
  6. JPAR

JPAR Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I am going to the season ticket holder event on the 30th. I sure hope their is a way to make my displeasure known, the three blind mice need to go.

hav77 and The Cadaver repped this.
  7. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will be in Michigan visiting family and will miss the event. On the whole, that's probably a good thing as it would not have been pretty were I to attend. And I will have more fun.

shelbo and TrickHog repped this.
  8. L.A. Native

L.A. Native Member+

Aug 1, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I will be wearing this. :D
    [​IMG]
    Hopefully I'll be picking it up before kickoff Sunday so I'll wear it to the SEA and VAN matches too. If anyone is interested in one, contact
    @Blue_Stars_F_C on twitter asap. They're $15. If you don't have twitter, let me know and I can tell him to bring additional ones. Last I heard is he'll need to know before the day is out(Wednesday).

9. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I propose that henceforth, we refer to our Galaxy President as Calamity Klein.

10. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's petty, and it's bitter - I LIKE IT!

11. luigi-55

luigi-55 Member

LA Galaxy
    Netherlands
    May 7, 2010
    Long Beach
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Anyone that is going to the STH event on Sunday, Please ask that pompous piece of shit (Klein) "Why he thinks he deserves to keep his job" ????
    He and his fabulous signing Gio can take a walk :mad:
    [​IMG]
    FIRE KLEIN NOW !!!!

12. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just want to say that Chris Klein is a very nice guy. A total pro. And while I’m not happy with his job performance and want to see him fired, I totally believe that he is trying his best and is well intentioned in all his moves and I only want to see him gone because the Galaxy should hold themselves to the very highest standards.

cleschke, MPNumber9, barroldinho and 8 others repped this.
  13. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He put a brave face on at the event today in the face of some heckling/boos. Wish he had something new to say. Or, if he did, I just couldn’t hear it. Was a tough setup to hear anything from the stage that wasn’t drinking music/singing.

hav77 repped this.
  14. salvikicks

salvikicks Member+

Mar 6, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't know where to put this so I'll add it here. There are so many things wrong with this picture but the one I'm most frustrated with is Alvarez not getting playing time with the first team while making more than Carrasco.

Attached Files:

WarGalaxy and ProudNatRN repped this.
  15. Beep Boop Robot

Mar 11, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    The most important thing for Alvarez was to get as many professional minutes as possible this season. That's exactly what he got with Los Dos. I'd rather he played 90 minutes in USL than maybe get 5 minutes off the bench in MLS. Now I believe next season the plan is to get him MLS minutes, but I imagine he'll still play a bunch of minutes for Los Dos.

16. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly. The whole point of Los Dos is to get up-and-comers lots of competitive game minutes so they are ready for the first team.

luigi-55 and barroldinho repped this.
  17. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Agreed. Being in the current first team may not have been the best environment for a 15-16 year old either.

luigi-55, Beakmon FC and TrickHog repped this.
  18. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #18 TrickHog, Oct 25, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
    Heck, just watching the current first team was not the best environment for this 48-year old....*

*Most recent 4 games exempted.

luigi-55, Beakmon FC, hav77 and 5 others repped this.
  19. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I knew GDS was sucking us dry but this graphic reminds me just how bad it is: over one third of of the 2018 Galaxy payroll goes to GDS's paycheck. :eek: :mad:

Btw, where is that screen shot from @salvikicks?

TOAzer and TrickHog repped this.
  20. salvikicks

salvikicks Member+

Mar 6, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    73Bruin and TrickHog repped this.
  21. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    That is one of the best examples of the intelligent use of graphics I've seen in a long while. This single "table" includes every individual MLS player salary since 2007 and displays them in a way that allows you to simultaneously visualize both total club payrolls and how that money is allocated within the club on a year by year basis. A lot better than looking through a bunch of downloaded excel files.

Baysider, WarGalaxy and TrickHog repped this.
  22. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How is Hilliard-Arce making more than Romney and BJIV? We just threw money at anybody last season, didn't we? Jesus.

23. Beakmon FC

Beakmon FC Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Jan 10, 2002
    The OC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does MLS have a rookie scale in the CBA? He was a first round pick . The might have dictated the salary.

Baysider and TrickHog repped this.
  24. WarGalaxy

WarGalaxy Member+

May 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That contract was negotiated by MLS before the draft. The Galaxy knew the terms before drafting him.

Romney is going to be a free agent. He’s probably in line for a decent raise.

25. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Knowing our FO we will let him go. He has all of the characteristics - key part of recent successes, bargain price and plays hard for entire game. He has to go.