Fire Charlie!

Discussion in 'Orange County SC' started by blueballs69, May 23, 2012.

1. blueballs69

blueballs69 Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    How can they keep losing all that money then turn around and get their ass handed to them by an amateur side? They should pick up some Fusion players and start paying them. Or better yet get some of the women Pali players to play for them.

2. Obartlett

Obartlett New Member

May 23, 2012
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    This coach is out of his league, spending money and not bringing in quality players. Looking for the quick fix. Team is not jelling at all. In watching the game last night, there was no connection, midfield weak, win the ball then give to the other team. Look at the roster, stats, he not using the good players he has.

3. Obartlett

Obartlett New Member

May 23, 2012
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    With the Blues upcomming schedule, the lineup/subs last night against the PDL Fusion made no sense whatsoever. I call it "Panic Coaching"...... What do you call it?

4. blueballs69

blueballs69 Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    I agree. However I do not believe he really knows what he is doing. I have heard that from a lot of the players on the team. If I was management I would bring in someone like Eric Wynalda to bring some attention and try and turn things around. If they have the money to spend then bring in a coach who can take them to the next level.

5. Stilger

Stilger Member

Nov 7, 2002
    Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting. I wonder what they pay Charlie then. I'm sure a "big name coach" that would generate interest would cost north of $100,000 (I don't know how much but would bet much north). Remember George Allen at Long Beach State? That had long term impact...

I'm not defending Charlie, I have long wondered if he wasn't out of his depth, but I don't know if hiring an expensive big name coach is the answer. Maybe just someone with some experience at this level and a separate experienced GM?

Do minor league soccer teams have any kind of organized scouting system like baseball and the other major sports?

6. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Bueno yo vi anoche el partido contra el Charleston Battery y el equipo lució lamentable, escapandose solo Erllys Garcia que tuvo tremenda noche. Al medio tiempo realizo tres cambios lo que quiere decir que se equivocó a la hora de elegir el equipo. Para empezar el portero no sabe como salir a cortar los centros, noi de los corners, ni de los cobros de falta, eso termino por costarle el gol y la derrota ante un equipo marullero que pegó con la complicidad del arbitro y que solo tiró a puerta DOS VECES, no existió nadie en el medio campo que sirviera para organizar los balones y tratar de aprovechar la velocidad de Galindo, tampo hubo juego por las bandas, de nada sirve tener un centrodelantero alto y fuerte si no se le suministran centros para que pueda ganar por encima y por ultimo ni una sola vez se trató de probar de media distancia, el equipo tiene jugadores interesantes, pero en mi opinion muy mal dirigido

7. BigMeech

BigMeech New Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Finally people are starting to see the light. Charlie Naimo is far from a coach, even though he holds the title. He is completely incapable of coaching a high level men's professional program. You can't coach a group of grown men like a group of young girls and expect them to respond to you.

8. blueballs69

blueballs69 Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    People see the light. The owners don't see it though. I know some of the players hate playing for him. With 2 home losses to OC and the attendance is very dismal to say the least how much longer are they going to go through this? Should have hired Wynalda! I am hearing they will be cutting their PDL team to cut expenses.

9. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Wynalda is with the Atlanta Silverbacks now

10. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. blueballs69

blueballs69 Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    He wasn't when I posted that. They were late to the party again.