Fire Berhalter

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by mateo319, May 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I actually hate Thad Matta too. So, don't be too hard on yourself.

ZipSix and CybrSlydr repped this.
  2. ZipSix

ZipSix BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, so how about that Kekutah Manneh signing?

3. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Berhalter's man management has been an issue since he's been here. His weak leadership and insecurity in the locker room led to us punting the 2016 season and squandering all momentum we had from 2015. (Have you looked at the non-Nordecke attendance at home games this season so far. It's brutal).

The Manneh situation as zip pointed out (and yours truly pointed out in the roster thread) is a total fiasco, but this actually may be part of the #culture we are continuing to build at this club.

Columbus Crew SC - Our brand is crisis, our culture is fiasco!

catfish9 repped this.
  4. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    See the thread I just started about attendance. It's awful!

hangthadj repped this.
  5. ZipSix

ZipSix BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We need more players with enough bravery to hoof the ball up field to no one when the situation calls for it.

American Brummie repped this.
  6. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And a few to putz around in midfield when defending against the counter.

7. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, how long does Aces stick with 3G?

Is it going to be like your first car, where you keep it until the engine explodes because of nostalgia and sentiment or will he start shopping if things don't turn around soon?

8. Meltdown611186

Aug 4, 2005
    Columbus Ohio
    Question on everyones minds.

The rebrand momentum has stalled entirely. I remeber Precourt saying hed like to follow the footsteps of KC. Crew is very far behind of that was the end goal.

As far as personal goes, players arnt going to want to play in Columbus when they research how hard it is to even get going once you are on the team.

I feel the club is just not going in the right direction especially compard with the rest of MLS.

9. A Guy

A Guy Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Am I the only one that sees Hakuna Matata half of the time when someone posts his name?

10. Draghignazzo

Draghignazzo Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Well, not anymore!:mad:

A Guy repped this.
  11. svc641

svc641 Member+

Aug 19, 2014
    West Liberty
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes. Precourt is a neophyte.

12. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My 69 Impala was still running at 173K+ when my dad sold it.....

Nostalgic because I saw an Impala convertible of the same era with the same color and the 350 engine today at church.....

13. patricksp

patricksp 91.9 Crew Fan Rating

Nov 4, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I kept my first car because it was paid off, 3G is still being paid, time to cut your losses.

14. mmradio13

mmradio13 Member+

Apr 13, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you guys remember when we won 3 straight games a few weeks ago and everything was good again?

CybrSlydr repped this.
  15. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Only to those with really short memories, limited understanding of the game, and unable to grasp the concept of a 34 game season or a Head Coach/Sporting Director's entire body of work.

These same people will come out of the woodwork once we win a game again. Berhalter Believers are the bed bugs of the internet.

the_rickler repped this.
  16. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's a problem with a game where you only play once/week. A week is just long enough for these kind of things to slip out of your mind until the next game and it all comes rushing back, 10x as bad as the last time.

17. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Blah blah blah blah blah blah

hangthadj repped this.
  18. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Not bad, for a moderator...

Jim Bach repped this.
  19. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I kind of figured that was what you already saw no matter WHAT my posts said.

TRUJDUB and kgilbert78 repped this.
  20. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Think the pressure of the job might be getting to Gregggggg. Completely lost his cool last night and was ejected. Hopefully this catches the eye of Precourt. We talk a lot about "culture" here since the rebrand to Columbus Crew SC and those who don't adhere to our "culture" are usually shipped out the door, or rot on the bench. This petulance by the Coach and Sporting Director should be dealt with immediately.

21. Tycon5

Tycon5 Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Absolutely. He should be fired immediately. Then we can go after someone with integrity, like Jay Heaps.

22. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm gonna assume that's sarcasm, since even a seasoned and diehard GB hater such as yourself can't get cranky that GB was screaming at the ref for not sending off Watson for that WWE style clothesline. When Watson came on, I told my wife he's a butcher and only good for kicking the shit out of people. Well, I see he's evolved his game to clotheslines as well. Good for him.

CybrSlydr and TRUJDUB repped this.
  23. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I said I'd give GB 10 games to start the year to see how things are going. ATM, we are averaging 1.6 PPG, which is 8th best in the league, 4th in the East, we currently sit 3rd with a couple extra games played.

We have the 5th best defense in the East, though that's with a couple extra games played.

2nd best offense in the East, tied with TFC (same amount of games played), only behind Atlanta, again, different amount of games played.

Our goal difference is 4th in the East.

4 wins, 1 loss, 1 draw at home.

Good signings:
    Artur
    Crognale (yes Hang, GB gets a little credit for this, not all academy players sign for their HG clubs)
    Hansen
    Steffen (signed last year I know, but he was always more for this year)

Bad Signings:
    Abu
    Mensah

To early to tell or meh signings:
    Abubakar (early, but promising)
    Manneh (early, not promising)
    Martinez (just WTF???)
    Raitala (meh, decent backup and occasional starter)
    Williams (ditto Raitala)

A bit mixed for sure, but if we can get rid of Abu and Mensah, they don't need to be replaced with starters, since Crognale and Artur look so good. Manneh.... one appearance so far, Hansen was picked over him. I'm have a sneaking suspicion Manneh is the new Larsen, just too lazy for GB's liking. I doubt he resigns with us and will leave this summer or after the season. I know GB was desperate to get rid of Tchani, but he could've done better than Manneh. There was a reason Vancouver gave up on him, and it wasn't just injuries. The fans haven't missed him one bit, and i feel the FO probably feels the same way. The fans were calling for Manneh's trade or transfer late last year and early this year, so he's falling stock wasn't exactly unknown.

Overall:
    After last years debacle, this really is just about as good as we could have hoped for. Defense is still a bit shaky at times, but those are almost always the games Mensah plays over Crognale, not a coincidence. GB's spot is safe for this year. He's showing the flexibility everyone wanted, and changing the lineup more often. Defense is vastly improved, though not perfect, and GB's faith in Pipa appears to be the correct call. This was a make or break year for GB, and so far so good.

24. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    The Head Coach and Sporting Director are responsible for setting the tone and culture for our organization top to bottom, and #ForColumbus.

So, I ask you good sir, what about the children? Am I the only one who thinks of the children of Columbus?

chr1st and puttputtfc repped this.
  25. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    That's the hang I know.

Robbo Crewfan and Kyle Crew repped this.