Fire Berhalter Thread

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by wixson7, Dec 2, 2018.

1. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If a man chooses to live life through a glass darkly, then even brilliant light is obscured. Enjoy the well traveled path of not knowing.

LaughingTulkas repped this.
  2. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What if its tinted glass?

3. tbonepat11

tbonepat11 Member+

Jun 21, 2001
    Berhalter for me is starting at "fire him" and has to earn everything.

Cupcake keeps him in the "fire him" category for including MB....the cancer of the last cycle. If he is the captain, we seriously have a problem on our hands already.

juveeer, CU soccer and yurch10 repped this.
  4. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    dude calling anyone 'the cancer' is beyond immature

second...he is the captain

third...I haven't heard from any of the tin hat people that mb didn't once again have final say on the roster for camp cupcake so its a little harsh to blame berhalter.

5. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    Wasent he benched as the captain for jogging (Again) vs Colombia..... and then blaming his teammates for his man?

CU soccer repped this.
  6. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to Sarachan:

"On the whole, a very solid night," interim coach Dave Sarachan said. "Michael is still a guy that has played in big games, nothing fazes him. He's trying to carry himself and do his job along with making sure he's helping the guys alongside him. When they started throwing numbers forward, it's just not on Michael. He needed some help on either side, left and right."

So it doesn't sound like he was benched for not trying.

7. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    It's going to be like Shaolin Soccer: after a crushing failure, the gang will have a last chance. Expect to see Bradley, Jozy, Nagbe, Villafaña, Arriola, Wood, Yedlin, Besler and even Gonzo to make their return.

8. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    Colombia?

lets try and remember that the last year the usmnt meant less then zero

nobody cares about the match against france, colombia and whoever else they played it doesn't matter what anyone did or what the score was.

9. pirozhok

pirozhok Member+

United States
    Jul 20, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's start this exercise with giving GB let's say 100 points for just being named a head coach, and then subtract or add depending on how team's doing.
    1. Inclusion of Bradley alone docks at least 30 pts - what is or will be his value to the team? Coach youngsters, captain the team, man midfield at WC22 (if we make it)?
    2. Chula Vista location - WTF is that? First it was a mandatory Chicago area residence requirement for a head coach, now it's new Camp Cupcake location.
    I wonder what other corporate tricks those clowns will come up with? Renaming the team, changing uniform, ball, cleats, turf? Stand up meetings before each game, SCRUM sprints, 360 peer reviews?
    Docking 20 more points from Berhalter's bucket for applying corporate idiotism where it should not be used.
    3. Already can see Stewart's micromanagement and project management style - minus 10 more points from GB for weak guts.

Master O repped this.
  10. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    when michael bradley become USMNT manager (i've resigned myself to its inevitability) will be the day I stop watching any USMNT games and following the team even slightly.

11. Master O

Master O Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In all honesty, Stephen Chow (director of Shaolin Soccer for those here who haven't seen it) probably could do a better job than the current USSF leadership.

Suyuntuy and TOAzer repped this.
  12. 70runner

70runner Member

Jun 21, 2007
    What else is Sarachan gonna say after his sticks MB into the starting lineup? Wow, he's played in big games...like the one against T&T? He needed some help on either side...perhaps the understatement of the decade. This is the same verbal pile of manure used by Klinns, then Arena to deflect any criticism of MB during his steady decline in 90min tours during the past 3-4yrs. "Not trying" is far from the major issue, severe decline in skill and mobility is significantly closer to the issue.

juveeer repped this.
  13. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently he was benched for being the brave Horatio at the Gate...while the sheep around him bleated in confusion and disarray, and so it was they that failed him and not, as the lying sheeple say, he that failed them.

That, friends, is why Mikey is our Hero.

juveeer repped this.
  14. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    #39 Suyuntuy, Dec 25, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
    Guy has to earn his right to play with the NT by playing well enough in MLS.

That's my bottom line.

Frankly, at this point I'd prefer if we stick to guys under 30. We have quite a bit of intriguing talent coming up the line.

15. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I'm mildly hopeful in that no truly strong anti-Berhalter witch hunt brigade has started. By this time, the previous coaches had much more opposition. Instead we have a huge fixation on Bradley. Maybe Berhalter is the true unifying coach that Stewart wanted.

16. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
    I clicked on this thinking it was going to be a fun bit of ironic, first-page-claiming self-depreciation.

But I will settle for just talking sh!t about Michael Bradley.

LaughingTulkas and wixson7 repped this.
  17. USA-Zebuel

USA-Zebuel Member+

Mar 26, 2013
    Club:
    Colón de Santa Fe
    Berhalter might be a master social media tactician and new that MB would be his lightning rod.

Well played Berhalter, well played

Suyuntuy repped this.
  18. pirozhok

pirozhok Member+

United States
    Jul 20, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Geezus Christ, it's already happening, and Beerholder was a coach for just 1+ month:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019...michael-bradley-not-ruling-out-world-cup-2022

Pl@ymaker and TOAzer repped this.
  19. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Michael Bradley is playing for us in the run-up to World Cup 22, I mean actually playing for us, then we're going to need every freaking one of those proposed 48 slots to make it to Qatar.
    It would be nothing more than a cruel joke.

juveeer and Patrick167 repped this.
  20. pirozhok

pirozhok Member+

United States
    Jul 20, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mikey's gonna be a captain under Barehalter, that's how i am reading that ass-licking MLS article, by one of those MLS prostitute writers.

21. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Maybe Donovan is right and it's time to move on and just root for Mexico.

22. Master O

Master O Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” - Isaac Asimov

23. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007

[​IMG]

UniversalAdvice repped this.
  24. skim172

skim172 Member+

Feb 20, 2013
    Nah, Shaolin Soccer was entertaining.

25. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006