Fire Bento Thread

Discussion in 'Korea' started by chook90, Jan 12, 2019.

?

When is the best time to sack Bento and co?

1. Immediately

6 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. After AC 2019

8 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yeah, Moon Seon-min will definitely be back.

2. LDG20

LDG20 Member

Chelsea
    South Korea
    Jul 2, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Will he even get enough playing time at Jeonbuk?

3. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    If Choi Kang-hee was still the manager, then absolutely, but under Jose Morais? The club is too stacked at this point, he might end up as a rotational player.

4. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #179 toohyper, Jan 31, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
    If these young prospects were brought up to get a cap, sure (like Kim Jung Min). But I'm not one for showing favoritism based on being in Europe and/or being a hyped up prospect. Call me a bit old-school but these young kids need to prove that they belong like everyone else instead of showing favoritism.

I'm as excited as many of you about some of these prospects and the fan in me wants to see them ASAP, but I also believe that a player needs to be a first-teamer with their club and play at least decently before becoming a regular/constant KNT member.

Look at Martin Odegaard of Norway. Is Odegaard really helping Norway that much? Kid got his career derailed after getting his first cap at age 15 (or around that age), and he doesn't seem like he's going to live up to that expectation everyone had of him.

Let the young prospects focus on their daily training with their club, and let them prove that they belong with the national team instead of just handing them a goddamn position and having another responsibility to worry about in their young careers.

5. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Agreed. But I think LKI is a different case now. Kid has legitimately broken into the first team and is consistently looking like one of their better players. In La Liga. I think it'll be fine to slowly ease him into the NT scene during friendlies.

toohyper repped this.
  6. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    If he continues to keep playing and playing well, absolutely. Next friendlies are when? March? Still got a month of football left until then. Plenty of time to get first-team minutes and savage the La Liga.

7. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    I think it's better for Korean players to stay in Asia if they want to play for KNT. What's the used of trying to break it into Europe which is hard when they can stay in K-league and get instant minutes and become first timers. Sure the bar is different but who cares about that.

toohyper repped this.
  8. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    lol, sure, it's not fair to the European-based players since their competition is tougher. I get that. But you can't just pick someone based on hype either.

That's why someone like Jung from Bayern needs to go on loan and get playing time.

9. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Yes but I want them to be tested out too, slowly start integrating them for the long haul. See what's they are about, how they measure up etc.

10. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm all for getting them a cap or two just to get a small taste of the NT life. After that, they need to show one way or other why they belong on the KNT.

Let's be honest. BSK wanted Lee Seung Woo to be on the KNT even before he was a full-time professional. This board can be a bit excessive on pushing the young kids right away.,

aeh1991 and killaorca repped this.
  11. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    I think LSW should be a starter tbh and should have played for us way before he started.

12. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    LSW should have started playing for us months earlier than when he did. We were absolutely plodding through WCQs where he could have made a difference...

soul24rage, chook90, Seol Korea and 2 others repped this.
  13. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I was more referring to LSW when he was a 17 year old in Barca. Even during those days, people were screaming for him to be on the KNT already.

14. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Yeah, that was way too soon and just wishful thinking...

15. yahtrickyah

yahtrickyah Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #190 yahtrickyah, Jan 31, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
    I still don’t get it. Does the KNT have the prestige to deny La Liga and Bayern players? What luxury do we have to not call up our most promising prospects?

These youngsters aren’t exactly youth players anymore. If they’ve earned spots on La Liga teams (and make a difference as we’ve seen with LKI) they can do the same with KNT.

Like all of us on BSK, I’m proud of our country, players, and what they’ve accomplished, but suggesting these kids have more to prove in order to make our national team just isn’t very sound.

16. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I agree we don't have the luxury to deny these players, sort of like how SHJ is being denied right now. However, I think a larger concern is burdening guys like LKI, a 17 year old, with NT duties. I would like to let him cement his spot at Valencia first before having to enter the backwards ass KNT and have his soul torn apart like SHM. He can play the March friendly, but maybe let the more experienced lads handle the upcoming WCQs.

soul24rage, aeh1991, chook90 and 2 others repped this.
  17. TaegukRedDevil

Jan 30, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    If Lee Kang In tears it apart in the March friendlies, then I'd want him to be called up in the world cup qualifiers, but if not then it might be best to let him focus more on Valencia.

toohyper repped this.
  18. TaegukWarrior

TaegukWarrior Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    we don't possess the luxury to ignore them, which imo is exactly why they should remain at their clubs while they are still at an incredibly young age

world cup isn't till another 3 yrs, olympics not till next summer. Early wcq stage against asian minnows should be taken care of with our domestic talent and whatever staple players we've got in our team ie kyg / kmj. No need to pull the trigger just yet and rush them into our intl teams

I'd love to see them continue developing with their clubs as long as possible ie kang-in finally securing a spot on the first team. Imagine what his development would have been like at such a young age if we were frantically calling him up bc of the quality we all know is there. Think LSW's position at this very moment after the Asian Cup mess.

Let our boys develop first to the point where these are all staples for Valencia, Girona, Bayern, etc. etc.. For once, we have the time to wait

soul24rage, aeh1991 and toohyper repped this.
  19. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    oh god lets hope not. He's just... a K-Liga playa. That;s it man.

Seol Korea repped this.
  20. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    We shouldn't ignore them but we should ignore them. Right.

21. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001

Agreed. Why are we wasting our time? Bento ain't gonna find some diamond in the rough by watching games at Ansan Wow Stadium. Why do we keep asking coaches to scout better players? It's painful for all parties involved. Why not just call up all our european youngsters? I can guarantee you that we don't have a single players in the country that could play in La Liga. Not one.

22. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Consider this: Between now and the final stages of the WCQ, how many games is that? It's three years but not many games. So we need to optimize for the future now. What is there to gain by keep playing Nam Tae-hee and Ji Dong-won in the meantime? This type of thinking is exactly why KNT games can't sell out stadiums. If we know we're gonna roll with our euroboys in 2022, then why not roll now? Seems like a waste of time for everyone. And what makes you think they won't develop while playing for the KNT? I'd rather have Son stfu and play wide and make way for Lee Kang-in.

23. victoriabrono

victoriabrono Red Card

Nov 30, 2018
    Same guys who have no problem watching their team field a bunch of Chinese and Desert leaguers suddenly have high standards and want players making the 1st team at Valencia, Bayern to "earn" their call ups LOL.

Gaemamusa, chook90 and Deleted Users repped this.
  24. TaegukWarrior

TaegukWarrior Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    not even remotely close to what i said but ok

um ... as many games as we can possibly squeeze in??? lmao you're postulating over the amt of games we can play over largest timeframe between world cups ??? if you don't think there's plenty of play in 3 years then idk what to tell u

and who said anything about nam tae-hee and jdw???? foh. we ought to start looking at our domestic youth talent and pivot into a new generation of knt ballers. our youth kpa talents are only like 4-5. we have to field 11

your exact mentality is what i believe to be the biggest hindrance to the proper development of our players, thus proper development of our nt. All things being considered, those boys ain't shit yet but a bunch of teenagers breaking into the first team squad of commendable teams. What have they accomplished? What silverware have they won? Nothing - yet you want to rush them into a senior squad when atm we have absolutely nothing to play for, and risk their development by having them regularly travel 10+ hrs to and fro Korea, which is a trek that our boys have been vocal about w how taxing it is (Koo, Ki, PJS).

Sure - the experience of playing for our NT will prolly steel them, but do I think it's worth Kang-in leaving Valencia? JWY leaving Bayern? Even LSW leaving Verona? HELL no. For WHAT??? friendlies????? stay at the club. Develop your football. Start weekly. Compete for silverware if you're at a capable club. Nothing beats playing regularly. You gonna tell me JWY and LKI are going to learn more by playing with the national team than w developing @ Bayern/Valencia?? PLEASE....

once they start playing regular football for their clubs, they ought to be called up to the nt. They ARE going to get their call ups, that's not a doubt. The question is when, and it should happen once they're established footballers - not when they've barely broken into their fc's first team, let alone starting 11

25. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    http://outsideoftheboot.com/2017/01/02/tactical-philosophy-vincenzo-montella/

[​IMG]