Fire Bento Thread

Discussion in 'Korea' started by chook90, Jan 12, 2019.

?

When is the best time to sack Bento and co?

1. Immediately

6 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. After AC 2019

8 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    yup this is basically our Rinse/Wash/Rinse/Repeat Cycle.

sac517, TaegukRedDevil and wetcrispy repped this.
  2. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Their contract was only through to the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia, so yeah they left around July.

3. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    no nonsense bulldog. he would take one look at our current stock of holding MF's and laugh. if he'd played JWY and JWY pulled a "JWY" to make him look bad, he'd literally sub him off and pull him off the pitch by the ears. LolZ.

don't know about our problems scoring, but you would think we would team defend better with GT at the helm. would love to see him chew out several of our players.

4. inten

inten Member

Apr 27, 2014
    Imagine him butting heads with the KFA hahahaha

Kanuck repped this.
  5. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    ya wanna be that fly on the wall at that meeting. that's for sure.

6. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    #justice4orca

killaorca repped this.
  7. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Firing Bento now would be absolutely stupid. What kind of manager would want the KNT job if someone like Bento, who is honestly the best we can get at the moment, is fired within a year because he couldn't win a tournament with our shit tier players? Keep him, let him have his chances, and if he's still underperforming in the next couple of years, then we can talk about sacking him. Which respectable manager would actually want to manage a team where LY is a starting fullback? God damn I bet Bento doesn't want to be here at the moment either.

8. TaegukRedDevil

Jan 30, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    We were the favorites to win the tournament, and we have, arguably, the best team in asia (overall) so I wouldn't say there's anything wrong with expecting the team to at least make it to the semi-finals, not even the final itself. We were expected to win, but we lost in the quarter finals. That's an extreme disappointment, and head coaches were fired for less. Bento showed his extreme shortcomings as a coach in this tournament. Extreme tactical inflexibility (played 1 tactic the entire tournament) with no plan B or any form of backup plan, not willing to change his starting XI with players who've shown themselves to be better than those in the starting lineup, using a tactic that doesn't work well against teams that park the bus, not being able to see that the tactic doesn't work against teams that park the bus. He's not going to be any better than Stielike in the upcoming years, and so it's much better to cut losses now than go through that rinse and repeat cycle with hiring a domestic manager last minute a year before the world cup.

9. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    We don't have the best team in Asia overall, Japan does. We have a superstar in SHM and we've got great players like KSY and LJS, but we also severely lack quality in other positions such as FB, CDM and ST. Japan is extremely well rounded in every position, and despite not having stars like us, they have grown together in a system that works for them. How do you expect to win a tournament when fcking JWY has one of the highest number of touchers in a game? Nevertheless, we didn't have a loss in what, like 15 games before Qatar? It's expecting a lot for a manager who hasn't even been in charge for a year to win a tournament where we aren't even the best team. The guy has barely gotten to know his players. I would give him some more time and see how he deals with this failure. I want to see if he'll call up LKI and BSH, and I want to see him use KCH as well. If he struggles in WCQs with a front line of SHM, KCH, LJS, then it's time to say goodbye.

Tagline and jinseokyang repped this.
  10. Tazza

Tazza Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Has queiroz to Colombia been confirmed?

Bento has a history of struggling against less talented squads that bunker down... which is what we'll be facing in qualification.

11. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    Good players make managers look good. But, managers that elevate low level teams are rare. I always thought Roberto Martinez did a good job of that.

Deleted Users repped this.
  12. TaegukRedDevil

Jan 30, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Japan suddenly has the best team because they defeated Iran 3-0? Nobody would've said this nor did anybody say this after their game vs. Oman in the group stage. Their performances weren't spectacular in any game other than in the Iran game. And Qatar had worse players on every single position yet they beat us. It is the head coach's responsibility to beat teams with worse players on every position. I doubt there would be people saying Bento should be fired if we got to the finals and then lost to Japan. The result against Qatar is akin to Argentina or Brazil losing to Peru or Bolivia in a CONMEBOL cup.

13. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    So you want a manager to pick Lee Kang In and Paik Seung Ho based on hype only?

They need to crack the first team, be an everyday starter, and perform at least decently before they are to be looked upon for selection.

Picking players because they're young, highly touted prospects, is the wrong way to go about it.

14. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    ...did we really need to open another thread like this? lol

Ice cube, Seol Korea and killaorca repped this.
  15. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Is Korea better than Japan or Iran?

seolseol repped this.
  16. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
  17. yahtrickyah

yahtrickyah Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #167 yahtrickyah, Jan 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
    I get where you’re coming from, but not all of it is based solely on hype though.

Imagine how many of our MFs would have pissed their pants in LKIs position at Mestalla yesterday.

PSH trains everyday with a La Liga side, and was actually on the pitch vs Athletico, Madrid, and Barca.

JWY gets run with world class players at one of the most recognizable and successful clubs in the world.

Most of our national team dreams about being with these clubs, however they’re watching from the stands because even in their wildest fantasies, they don’t make the bench.

I do agree they need more playing time and solidify themselves at their clubs but they deserve NT call ups imo.

Kanuck, chook90, jessypjs and 2 others repped this.
  18. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    I agree. They should be called up to start training with the KNT. When they get their cap depends on the circumstance of the friendlies and their progression this season. But to not call them up is short-sighted imo...

19. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I don't know how many times I said Japan sucked during this tournament. But still they are the ones playing the final on friday. Must mean something. Ugly football is one thing.

20. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    @yahtrickyah, @Hodori, I concur and I've been saying it like a broken record even when he was only with Valencia B, I mean just how long must we wait for him to "develop" more, and when is it even considered "ready" for him, or "the right time" to even call him up? As far as Lee Kang-in and the senior team is concerned, he's ready imho, and it doesn't hurt to call him up for friendlies here and there whilst he continues to develop at Valencia. The Vietnam friendly in March should be a good start for him with the senior team, no need to call up Son.

21. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Nope, he's not ready because his sunbaes like NTH deserve a spot before him because they're older and more mature, okay?

chook90 repped this.
  22. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yeah yeah, Bento favors Nam Tae-hee, but seriously he's ready.

23. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yes he's definitely ready. Ready enough to play for Valencia's first team, ready enough for KNT in my eyes. But we'll probably see NTH and NSH play those positions anyways. Maybe MSM as well :)

chook90 repped this.
  24. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Nam Tae-hee won't be back anytime soon, and I highly doubt Na Sang-ho will even be match fit before or by March.

25. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Okay but MSM on the wing with SHM playing centrally ;)