Fire Bento Thread

Discussion in 'Korea' started by chook90, Jan 12, 2019.

?

When is the best time to sack Bento and co?

1. Immediately

6 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. After AC 2019

8 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. victoriabrono

victoriabrono Red Card

Nov 30, 2018
    I don't blame them after years of joke managers. They arent the only ones seeing flashes of STY and Sitelike.

2. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    They can never make up their minds, and a lot of them don't even have single clue on what they're looking at from a whole perspective. Some comments are funny here and there, but that's all there is to it, a joke.

3. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Fcking naembis

LeeSeungWoo and Seol Korea repped this.
  4. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Well, he's only been the manager for roughly a half a year, 9 matches played thus far with 5 wins, 4 draws, and no loss yet, so it will take some time to learn and make adjustments. Give him a year or two to see whether he'll make those quick adjustments/changes or not, especially given the WCQs are coming up soon considering the qualifications is a grave for almost every manager, not to mention his fellow countryman and predecessor Coelho didn't survive that long as well.

victoriabrono repped this.
  5. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    냄비, 축사국, FC코리아 etc. etc.

LeeSeungWoo repped this.
  6. jizzle

jizzle Member

FC Seoul
    South Korea
    Feb 10, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    We were even worse in the Group Stages in 2015.
    We beat Oman and Kuwait 1-0 but in terms of gameplay the opposition dominated and our defense barely held on. I can't remember the exact stats but the opposition were definitely on the front foot more. Similar story against Australia(in group stages). Kim Jin Hyeon was a huge part in why Korea barely managed to keep a clean sheet in the group stages.

We were playing badly against Uzbekistan in the knockout stages until Cha Du Ri got subbed on in that match. He wasn't even no. 1 choice for RB until the match after. Momentum in the whole tournament totally shifted after that fantastic 70 metre run.

At least in this tournament our defense doesn't look shaky compared to 2015. We're also dominating possession(despte the backpassing and momentum killing by JWY). The big problem is actually converting opportunities into goals at the moment.

Sons of Thunder, helo, Hodori and 3 others repped this.
  7. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    @jizzle, Stats from the 2015 AFC Asian Cup vs 2019 AFC Asian Cup:

Group A:
    Korea vs Oman
    [​IMG]

Korea vs Kuwait
    [​IMG]

Korea vs Australia
    [​IMG]

Group C:
    Korea vs Philippines
    [​IMG]

Korea vs Kyrgyzstan
    [​IMG]

8. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Have to think about the quality of the opposition tho. Oman and Kuwait are still better than Philippines and Kyrgyzstan

9. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    I dont know what Bento couldve done better there when players cant even fking pass/shoot themselves. If you cant see big improvements in the way team plays compared to how we played under SHITILIKE and STY, stfu and stop watching football.

10. Angel Bear

Angel Bear Member

May 19, 2010
    Oakland, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    You could make the argument that Asia would have a tough time fielding 16 worthy teams for a continental tournament, let alone 24. Case in point, the top 4 out of the 6 third place group finishers will make to the 2nd round and only two of them have any match results. In other words, 4 of the 3rd place teams have zero points. To promote and expand the Asian game, it was a good move to expand the format to 24 teams. But for the quality of the competition? Not so much.

That being said, the gulf in our play between now and 2015 is not largely explained by the quality of the opposition. We should not be at parity on possession with Kuwait or be thoroughly outclassed by Australia, even though they had more quality as hosts than today.

11. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  12. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Still cheesed that they closed by thread -_-
    I told you to keep it open so that we can discuss about Bento but nooooo

sac517 repped this.
  13. Angel Bear

Angel Bear Member

May 19, 2010
    Oakland, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    +PL+ repped this.
  14. Angel Bear

Angel Bear Member

May 19, 2010
    Oakland, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    chook90 repped this.
  15. kimchipride

kimchipride Member

Real Madrid
    South Korea
    Aug 22, 2006
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I admit I haven't been acutely following Korean soccer these days, but ya'll remind me of delusional girls who want a $100k wedding with a $50k wedding ring.

Not only are our players are not good or interesting enough, KFA doesn't have money like China does to attract top managerial talent.

Hiddink days are gone. We're probably not going to have an elite coach ever again and even if we did, ya'll would make a thread criticizing him asking when he should get fired.

Bento is exactly at the level KFA deserves. His record speaks for himself so far and until we start losing games or having qualification issues with WCQ, he's sticking around.

Mudang repped this.
  16. rhj99

rhj99 Member

Nov 21, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  17. victoriabrono

victoriabrono Red Card

Nov 30, 2018
    I want him to redeem himself by doing well with our NT but it seems like he hasnt learned why he got fired so many times.

18. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Bento is doing a great job.

A win is a win is a win. Some of you are straight up delusional.

19. Reach24

Reach24 Member

South Korea FC
    South Korea
    May 2, 2012
    Korea Republic
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I agree. We need to stop this mentality. We are unbeaten so far under bento. Judge him after the tournament.

DHMGKorea repped this.
  20. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    korea absolutely have to win this asian cup. only way bento leaves the team is if some middleast club decide to take on his contract

21. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    We haven't lost in any of the 11 matches he has taken charge of. You could put Pep in charge and we still won't be playing like Manchester City with our squad, neither will anyone else in Asia. Our players crossed, passed and defended like absolute shite and Bento still managed to make the tweaks to pull off a win. We won't ever get a better manager than Bento in the near future tbh.

22. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The interesting part is that we've managed to play with high ball possession thus far(Aside from the Saudi Arabia friendly) under Bento, and raising ball possession was one of the key components Bento was looking to do, but ironically it is also the key component Stielike fantasized about day in day out, yet we've failed to even keep ball possession under his management, especially against minnow/AFC teams.

23. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    I fcking hate this thread...the audacity...but whatever.
    I think after this AC we should play inverted fullbacks considering our fullbacks can't beat their players and provide good crosses. Also we tend to play a possession based football so inverted fullbacks will fit into this tactic. I think it's better if we have our wingers do all that work. We need to find two fullbacks that can provide some defensive coverage in the middle while also play some possession football through their passing ability. I can only think of one player and that's Park Jooho, sadly he's kind of old and I doubt he'll be fit for 2022 wc, so we need someone young. My formation:

Son Heungmin-CF-Um Wonsang
    Lee Seungwoo-Lee Kangin
    Paik Seungho
    LB-CB-CB-RB
    GK

Both Son Heungmin and Um Wonsang are the type of wingers that really fit into this formation. They can use their speed and break down defense, and can beat players one on one. There's also Jeong Wooyeong but I think Um Wonsang is faster with the ball so I choose him.

CF needs to be someone that is prolific. Kwon Changhoon is a relatively prolific goal scorer for a Korean, but he's not a striker. However, he's versatile so he might be an option. But if there's another striker then maybe he can be picked.

Because we have inverted fullbacks in the middle of the field, we need to push LSW and LKI up the field. They will use their creativity and playmaking skills to dictate plays.

DM is an important player I think and needs to be dynamic. I think someone like PSH because this player needs to be very good at passing and connecting passes to our two CMs and rather quickly. Very important to play possession based football. If PSH learns how to break up plays then it's even better.

FBs, I talked about it in the beginning, they need to add defensive shield in the middle and help with possession.

CBs and GKs: need to be comfortable with the balls in their feet, good passing and distribution on top of their normal duties.

24. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Honestly though, if we sack Bento after the AC, what are the chances we'll end up with another foreign manager who's not an unknown nobody/fraudster like Stielike? the chances are slim if you ask me, and many of you guys are not ready for Hakbumson at the helm nor are you looking forward to a return of Shin Tae-yong.

killaorca repped this.