Fiorentina vs Napoli - Matchday 35

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Sacki, Apr 27, 2018.

1. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    One point on Fiorentina. I always liked them but after today and all the insults against us and celebrating us not winning the league they can go ******** themsleves.

They may hate Juve but their anti Napoli sentiments like most others go beyond football.

2. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Funny story, my gf is Polish and swears by Milik calling him the next lewandowski for Poland, but I just dont see it.
    He is nothing but a stereotypical targetman at this point

3. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He is garbage.

Sacki repped this.
  4. cipro

cipro Member

Oct 9, 2005
    PhuckHead
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    990678823363665920 is not a valid tweet id

Danijel, Sacki and CarecaNapoli repped this.
  5. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I know. Hamsik and Insigne wear the arm band but show none of the pride.

Also Reina was great this season.

cipro, Danijel and Sacki repped this.
  6. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hey Napoli fans, I am being honest now, and please know that the reason I do not like your club currently, is because of Sarri.

There are a number of problems, but Sarri is definitely the biggest. I honestly do not understand why you like him so much. You did not even win any trophy under him. He failed. Even if you do somehow manage to overtake us and win the Serie A, I would consider it as a fluke, and still blame Sarri. I feel that you do have the talent needed, but Sarri is ruining the club.

First of all he completely failed in Europe. In 2015-16 season, you were embarrassed by Villarreal. Now Villarreal was a great team back then, but you should not have been losing to them over 2 legs with the players you had, and especially failing to score in Spain was an embarrassment.

He did alright in Europe in 2016-17, but still I had a lot of question marks. Losing to Besiktas at home, failing to beat Dynamo Kyiv at home, and failing to beat Besiktas away makes me wonder. The whole group was pretty easy, and you should have finished it with taking full points against Besiktas and not even have to worry about the last two games. Also last game vs Benfica, you started to collapse a bit at the end and were lucky to hang on to the win. Then Real Madrid completely outclassed you guys in the Round of 16. Real Madrid were favorites, and I never expected you to get through against them, but with a better manager, I feel you could have put up a much better fight and lost by a lesser goal difference. Your defense looked very shaky and scared over the whole two legs.

This season was shambolic in Europe, seriously? First of all losing your opening game to Shakhtar? Shakhtar can be strong at times, but its your first UCL game, and Sarri benched Jorginho and Mertens. Terrible way to start your UCL campaign. The Man City losses are somewhat understandable but I think you could have gotten at least 1 point against them over 2 games. And you lose to Feyenoord? Seriously? Then in Europa League, you get embarrassed to RB Leipzig? Honestly I blame Sarri completely for this.

The other thing is that Sarri is very stubborn and refuses to adapt to a Plan B if things do not go right. He starts the same players all the time, refuses to rotate and wears them out. Then he rests key players for UCL? Crazy. And when he is forced to rotate because of injuries, it becomes a disaster, because the bench players do not get nearly enough time to be able to gel with the team well. Do you have any idea why you lost Giaccherini in January? Did you read what he said. He was complaining about feeling unimportant and stated that Sarri makes many of the bench players feel useless. And also this could have been a huge opportunity to really include Rog in many games and develop him, and Sarri ruined it completely. Even ADL was saying that he wanted to see Rog on the pitch a lot more a few months after the season started.

I agree ADL has a few problems, but he is investing and buying players, but Sarri refuses to use them. What is the point in strengthening the depth of the squad, if Sarri won't take advantage and the bench players are wasted most of the time? Look at Pep Guardiola for example (I hate him as well), but at least he uses all his players and is great at rotating is squad and plays very similar football to Sarri.

The reason why I really do not like Sarri is because he wastes so many players. I believe that Rog, Giacherinni, Gabbiadini, Tonelli, Milik, and Pavoletti could have been really good players, had they been used well and got a full 90 min from time to time, but Sarri completely ruined them and drove Giacherinni, Gabbs, and Pavoletti away. I wouldn't be surprised if the other 3 get driven away soon.

Danijel repped this.
  7. Danijel

Danijel Member

SSC Napoli
    Apr 25, 2013
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    ALLAN UNO DI NOI!! Our warrior!

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  8. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I give Sarri credit for the 2nd place finish, but to exonerate him from blame on a very poor showing in Europe, and failing to capitalize on a very winnable scudetto, is foolish. He showed you stubborness on a whole new level at times. Same lineup, no rotation to speak of, and very little willingness to try anything different other than what he knows. You need your bench, no matter who is on it, to just play and gain confidence, and rest legs needed down the stretch. Same thing, week in, week out, rain or shine.

Now the exodus will begin.

9. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yup I agree with you completely. I do give him a little credit for improving Napoli from the Benitez era and staying consistent for a second place finish, but that is not much. Its also not like Benitez had a good history with other clubs. Benitez was never a good manager either, and just improving a squad that was managed by Benitez is not really something to rave about.

With the talent Napoli had, they were completely underperforming at times under Benitez, although at least they did good in Europe.

10. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Disagree. Winnable scudetto?

We have 84 points from 35 games. 14 more than third and 18 more than fifth.

Only three losses this season, only four losses last season. Three years back to back CL.

Are you guys on crack? When beniez left we all expected a 5 to 8 place finish.

How much investment have we had? We lost our best player and bought a few unproven young guys (Ziellinski, Rog, Diawara) and wasted money on Milik and Maksimovic (while ADL wasted time talking about Icardi to fool people).

This year we bought Mario Rui and Ounas.

Sarri has been so brilliant that our expectation has gone up. Other than the last 7 or 8 games Napoli have been an absolute joy to watch.

We are all pissed off and Sarri’s lack of rotation sucks but only he can bring us the title.

Sadly he will leave and so will Reina, Koulibaly, Jorginho, Mertens. Next year when we will not make CL and go back to the Mazzari and Benitez era where we were inconsistent and played counter attack you will regret all these attacks on Sarri.

Sacki repped this.
  11. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    Thank you for sharing with us your "insights" but most of what is mentioned is known to most of us. But I wonder why any Juventus fans will "not like" Napoli because our coach is not good enough? In fact, it should be the other way round. isn't it? Given what just happened, you really should be back in your own forums celebrating your impending 7th scudetto with your own fans.

And if you want to criticise us for our lack of achievement in Europe, how about Juventus, as the most successfully club in Italy, with your squad depth and far superior financial resources compared to us, when was the last time you won a UCL trophy? How about the fact that last year you manage to reach the finals while this year you got kicked out in the quarter finals? And that is after spending so much to beef up your squad including stealing our best player. Oh wait.. it's probably because you can't buy referees in Europe. :rolleyes:

indestructible repped this.
  12. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What are you on about? Talent?

Hysaj, Tonelli, Mario Rui. Would any of these guys starts at Juve, Inter or Roma? Not even at Milan.

Would Callejon really make it into the Juve, Inter or Roma teams?

13. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This was the first year they were close to not winning. Even for them it gets boring. So he wants some banter.

14. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Why do you speak as if Juventus didnt get about 10 points handed to them from the officials? The ignorance is so striking.
    You should be worried about your own team. And Sarri is the best Italian manager right now, he would rotate if he had the players to do so, but only the midfield is capable and guess what? He does rotate there.
    And nobody rotates much in defence, its part of the reason Napoli's defence have improved so much.
    So really people are complaining that Sarri doesnt rotate the front three enough where the two Serie B level players Milik and Ounas havent played much, great.

And Gabbidini and Pavo where both really shit

He is guilty of not changing anything tactically but not rotating with what he has, can you blame him?

15. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    Exactly, troll post. :thumbsdown:

16. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    he just misses the days juventus actually was a great team with quality, instead of the cheating hypocritical dirtbags they are today

17. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Honestly what did Giak and Pavoletti do? I was against both transfers.

Gabbiadini is a sub at Southampton. They are about to be relegated.

Milik is really not good. Cannot do much with the ball at his feet.

Who is Ounas? He was unproven at Bordeaux and did not impress in any game I watched. You cannot win the league when your main acquisition is this guy.

Seriously do people realize how many goals we scored with three players one of which is not a striker?

In midfield Sarri rotated a lot. Ziellinski played quite a bit and never impressed when he started. We criticize Hamsik because he is the captain but Ziellinski is not better. Diawara got too many games for my liking. When you have Jorginho you don’t play Diawara. The main criticism I have is Allan vs. Rog.

Now to defense. Rotate Hysaj and play Maggio? Really? A 36 year old player? Mario Rui could have gotten more games but when you have Ghoulam it is hard to bench him. Mario Rui cost us a lot of points.

In central defense Tonelli and Chiriches make too many mistakes and just lack quality. Also fitness in defense is less an issue. We had a good defense this year.

People say rotate against SPAL but forget how many points we dropped against small teams with Mazzarri and Benitez.

Sarri will leave and it will be a sad day.

Sacki repped this.
  18. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Hey! I'm sure I've seen your name before, maybe from my time lurking on the sirens songs blog posts right? I think CarecaNapoli has an account there too, I can tell by the tone of his posts lol

19. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    Yes, I was previously posting at the sirensong blog until that site went "dead". But I have always been reading post in this forum for a long while and just decided to join today and post.

BTW, how do I "repped" a post?

20. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    See the rep button below each post.

21. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    The way I see it, it's kind of a "Chicken and Egg" issue. We are chasing the Scudetto so we can't afford to drop points for any games. The bench players in the eyes of Sarri were either unproven or he doesn't trust them hence he didn't use them. As a result of lack of playing time, the bench players become rusty and quality decline exactly at the time near end of the season when our regular starters gets tired and/or out of form. It's a problem waiting to happen that Sarri should have anticipated. Actually, I do not think our bench players, while certainly not world class, are that bad. Ounas was very promising during pre-season. Gabs did well in Euro 2016. Pavoletti was scoring 20+ goals when he was in Genoa but ok he was completely crap during his time in Napoli so I guess he doesn't fit our system. Tonelli was a well regarded defender back in Empoli until his injury woes when he has started for us earlier in the season, he wasn't that bad and even scored a few goals. Marco Rui barely had any game time before Ghoulam got injured and while he is not as good as the Algerian, he did a reasonably good job covering as left back considering his initial lack of playing time. Milik I agree, wrong buy.

Of course, you have a point. ADL should invest to buy more capable players. But Sarri can definitely do better at rotation. Anyway, the point is moot now. Baring a miracle, we most like won't win anything again this season. I wish Sarri can stay but I want him not to be so stubborn and improve both tactically and also on squad management.

tripwire repped this.
  22. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    Hmm... I didn't see any Rep button, but a "Report button". Maybe the feature is not activated for me yet. Nevermind,

23. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Give it a day or two;) Its because you just created your account

24. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It is not chicken and egg. If ADL spends the problem will be overcome.

Gabbiadini - what did he do since he left Napoli? He actually started last season for Napoli and quickly lost his spot to Milik

Pavoletti - had one good season. He really is not great. Even now that he left

Ounas - pre season friendlies are meaningless. He was not a regular in Bordeaux and you want him to start in the year we want the scudetto?

Tonelli - he was never great. He can’t pass and always makes mistakes. Based on what do you call him great? Also most teams do not rotate defenders

We really did not buy quality players but a few youngsters. These guys all were horrible in EL. People attack Sarri for benching two players (Jorginho, Mertens) in CL but complain he does not rotate.

The first 11 is the same Benitez had with the exception of Allan and Hysaj and we lost Higuain and did not buy anyone nearly as good. Yet Sarri consistently manages to beat weaker teams.

I remember under Benitez when we lost to Parma everyone blamed it on rotation (but benitez was in EL semi final). People were still mad.

We cannot have it both way.

Reality is we play much better now and are more consistent.

Let’s show Sarri and the team support. If I was in Naples I would go to welcome them tonight.

FORZA NAPOLI SEMPRE

25. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I only see what I see. Nobody knows for sure what rotation he would have if given more talent, but the fact remains he chose to stay with the 11 rain or shine. None of us really know if there's any talent at all on the bench, because we have to trust that only Sarri knows.

Now, I would be all in to see him 1 more season with more talent of his choosing at his diposal. Will we see that day come is the question.