Findley at Forest (Fit, finally, folks.) [R]

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by supercooper, Jun 27, 2010.

1. keller4president

Jan 5, 2006
    Findley has yet to appear on a gameday roster for Forest - is he being shopped? It's been all down hill since World Cup 2010 (including the tournament).

2. jcsd

jcsd Member+

Jan 27, 2006
    There's five other forwards and there's no resason to suspect he's ahead of any of them the pecking order. On the other hand there's no overwhelming reason to suspect he's buried behind them at this stage either, so I think he may very well get a chance.

3. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    I have been checkin' out Forest this week & I noticed Findley wasn't in the 18 during the mid-week League Cup match vs. Wigan or the Home League match vs Charlton Athletic

4. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    Yesterday, they also picked up striker Billy Sharp on loan from Southampton for the reason.

5. Higher Learning

Jul 1, 2009
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Higher Learning

Jul 1, 2009
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    true. That just means tribal stole the story from Skysports...

8. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tribal, as well as many other sites, aften simply copy and paste articles from other sources. If you use a news portal you can follow as one article comes out repeatedly from multiple sources, often even using the same title.

9. soccaisthecoolest

Jul 22, 2008
  10. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Why would any club want Findley? Is it because his salary is so low?

12. FloridaFC2MLS

FloridaFC2MLS Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He has the potential to be a perfectly fine Championship striker. He did quite well for Forest when McClaren was around. His problem, like many Americans (it seems so often) is a change in manager & adapting to that system. Forest have essentially had 3 since Mcclaren. His display during that time is likely what the clubs saw in him.

I personally hope he doesnt land in League 1. It might sound odd to some but I dont personally like the idea of 2 players (Rogers & Findley) who had caps for the USNT somewhat recently playing in League 1. We know they arent really USNT quality players but the English dont. It just looks bad. I always want an Americans situation to "look good" when he goes abroad.

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  13. jcsd

jcsd Member+

Jan 27, 2006
    He didn't make the grade at Forest at last year, there were times when he looked okay and he did manage to get his name on the scoresheet a few times, but I don't think there was much doubt that he wasn't going to be playing a big role for Forest this year.

Maybe though he'll get another chance in the Championship, he did manage to play for USA three times in the World Cup and that would usually be enough to indicate he's at the very least Championship quality. In other words he's got enough of a history that there's probably a few Championship teams willing want to give him another shot and if not there'll definitely be a number of League One sides willing to snap him up.

deuteronomy repped this.
  14. soccaisthecoolest

Jul 22, 2008
    The guy is all speed. He and Rogers both belong in MLS. They were never really National Team material, in my opinion. But, as long as he's there, hopefuly he gets loaned to a Championship team that will give him minutes.

15. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I don't see why not try for a loan outside of England. Greece. It worked for EJ

16. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    Transfer window is closed. Can only be loaned to a club within the country.

17. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    He can go to an English club now and to a non-English club after January, 1.

Perhaps he should give Earnie a call. AZ could use speedy wide players and Forest will probably pick up a solid chunk of Robbie's salary to make the loan affordable.

18. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think its the other way around, Ernie is the one who calls the player he is interested in signing.

19. FloridaFC2MLS

FloridaFC2MLS Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "@BrianSciaretta: Former #usmnt forward Robbie Findley heads to League Two's Gillingham FC on loan for 1 month
    http://t.co/1SfVKMhu"

I dont even know what to say..

20. Fanatical Monk

Fanatical Monk Member+

Jun 14, 2011
    Fantasyland
    wow. League 2? I know his touch sucks, but my lord. He's miscast as a forward. He's a winger in a 433

21. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well then he should be very successful in his loan, right?

22. Fanatical Monk

Fanatical Monk Member+

Jun 14, 2011
    Fantasyland
    should be player of the month I'd think

23. jcsd

jcsd Member+

Jan 27, 2006
    4-3-3 doesn't exist below the Championship.
    A little suprised he went to Gillingham, but he has to do something there or he's dead in the water in England.

24. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tom Collingsworth repped this.