Finding Nimo?

Discussion in 'Portland Timbers' started by Kejsare, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Kejsare

Kejsare Member+

Portland Timbers
    Mar 10, 2010
    Virginia
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's Portland Timbers or no MLS for Nimo. This is tricky, he's a local guy but not ready for MLS primetime.

Timbers Insider

As an aside, Geoffrey Arnold is doing a fantastic job hammering away articles for the Timbers, soccer, and MLS almost every day. He has stated soccer is not his preference, but he has brought a decent professional touch to highlighting the sport. It also shows the lengths the Oregonian is going to capture the Timbers arrival.

2. BacteriaEP

BacteriaEP New Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Portland
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope they can work something out. True, he wasn't really a core player from the 2010 season, but I really do like the idea that he's from Portland, he loves Portland, and he would love to stay with the Timbers to the point where he will retire from MLS if he doesn't get to stay with the Timbers.

Also, on the note about Geoffrey Arnold, I agree. His articles have always been very well thought out and generally appreciated by me. I do hope, however, that the Oregonian decides to bring in somebody with a bit more zeal than Geoffrey. While his articles are good, they lack the excitement I'd normally expect out of any sport team enthusiast writer.