Finals: FC Kansas City at Seattle Reign FC Aug 31, 2014

Discussion in 'KC Current' started by FCKCEvans, Aug 31, 2014.

1. FCKCEvans

FCKCEvans Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Was worried no one was going to start a thread. Big game today so let's chat it up. Go Blues!

2. FCKCEvans

FCKCEvans Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    It's been a rough week in KC sports with Chiefs, Royals, and Sporting KC picking up loses at home. I saw on Twitter that this is the 3rd time for Phillips, Bucz, and Arod to play in a championship together. Hopefully the 3rd time is the charm for these girls who can buck the downward trend of KC sports lately.

3. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    I'd like to see Hagen soon.

4. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Yes, Hagen, and that's an upgrade.

5. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Holiday, Buzz, and Richmond took out Winters, Little, and Fishlock - Amazing. If you rewatch that match, Richmond had over a dozen steals.

FCKCEvans repped this.
  6. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kallman had an outstanding performance today. That might have been her best performance of the season.

FCKCEvans repped this.
  7. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Congrats to FCKC! Once the Red stars were out of it, I was secretly pulling for FCKC. Some of my all-time favorite players are on FCKC like Lauren Holiday. I am so happy for her. A fellow Hoosier finally winning a National Championship and I'm sure my friend George is a happy man today.

Also glad a fellow Midwest team winning it with a great coach. Vlatko should be Coach of the Year, IMO.
    He now has two Championships this year, the MISL Indoor championship with the men and NWSL Championship with the women. Beat that one Harvey!

I hope that FCKC and the Red Stars continue their pre-season friendly in the spring in St. Louis like they did this year. Make it a tradition.

Great Job FCKC, Great job!!!

FCKCEvans repped this.
  8. FCKCEvans

FCKCEvans Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Just wanted to thank you all for sharing your insights all season and helping me get my FCKC fix, I know I disagreed with people sometimes but still enjoyed the experience overall.

I'm proud of the girls and the coaching staff for showing grit when they weren't necessarily the best team. Our stars showed up today big time but one of my favorite thing about this group is the rookies are given a place to shine too. Lots to be excited and proud about as a KC fan. Can't wait for next year!

Also, I wonder if any of our players will go on loan like many other have from other teams.

MTay repped this.
  9. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Congrats to FCKC.
    Great year.