Finally!!

Discussion in 'Chivas USA Supporters Clubs' started by EastLAChiva, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Kevin W. Desk

John Kevin W. Desk New Member

Mar 5, 2007
    And what would you know about trolling on a board you don't belong on?

This is my Houston 1836. Calling yourselves San Patricios, and posing as freedom fighters, is nauseating and offensive. You haven't earned it. You don't understand it. You're cheapening it. If it takes me getting a card to get that across to you quislings, then hit me, baby.

2. Lolonearbyyolo

Apr 17, 2006
    Section 138
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Question :
    Is this a race based appeal?
    Is this group intended to be for people of a specific background?
    Is Chivas not well known and popular for ethnically exclusive practices?

So, you REALLY can't see how it's racist?

Then there is the issue of co-opting the memory of people who fought and gave their lives for a cause they believed in for commercial purposes? Those men who fought and died aren't cartoons or figures in a movie. These people were REAL and they have ACTUAL living descendants.

Doesn't it feel a little corruptive?

I think there are many many positive ways to appeal to a fan base that you don't currently have, but this not one of them.

Let me restate for you as clearly as possible.

This is a very bad idea.

3. .:Rabid

.:Rabid New Member

Apr 26, 2007
    His laces are undone. I hope he didn't trip that day...lol

4. glyconerd

glyconerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    Clearly you didn't read the thread throughly, or else you would know it's not in any way or form intended to be race exclusive. There is no mention of racial requirements. In fact the idea of a new supporter group was thought of to include a wider fan base into the support groups..

It's merely a theme...It's as absurd as me claiming that LARS is racist because of the violent and racist history of police riot squads throughout history. Why co-opt a historically oppressive, violent and racist branch of government? But now I'm getting off topic, so you see, it's merely a theme or sorts.

You should e-mail Yallop your brilliant ideas instead, clearly your "super club" needs them...You do what you do, we'll do what ever the hell we please. We don't need your approval, Beckham serf.

5. hrothgarofsocal

Apr 22, 2007
    Union Ultras
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Is this really controversial? We're talking about an MLS team supporters group. What's the big deal? Name it whatever you want, let's just pull it together and get them out there asap. If the name turns out to be pissing people off, that's a good thing because it will generate interest and maybe even a bit of passion. It's fun to be Irish, and here's a chance for people of all races, creeds, and ethnicities to celebrate St Patrick's Day more than once a year. Sign me up. I do understand the concern from my Galaxy brethern though, but no worries...... this is no were near as touchy a subject as when LARS was forming. Not too many people recall that for a day they were know as WaRS. But the FO didn't want to touch the Watts Riot Squad!

6. John Kevin W. Desk

Mar 5, 2007
    Deleted by MOD.
    adds NOTHING to the discussion

7. EastLAChiva

EastLAChiva Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Section 138
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Galaxy fans trolling as reverse-descrimination and US history saviors of our ignorant ways. Thanks for the refreshing and enlightening posts.

Okay guys, the Race-based police are hear! Get ready.

8. dmhines

dmhines Member

Dec 28, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this is such a pathetic joke. have you really considered how offensive it is to US citizens to give honor to a group of people considered to be traitors, so much so that were hung by the military? your parents must be proud of you.

how many of you are even familar with the issue of the san patrico's? as a person that decended from people that actually fought with (and against them), i am saying that before you dishonor both sides, think about what you are doing. to compare the struggles of irish catholics to a soccer match is just wrong and it be-littles the discrimination that both protestant and catholic irish suffered from for many years.

it is my hope that you all will find a better way to feel comfortable supporting your club.

9. hrothgarofsocal

Apr 22, 2007
    Union Ultras
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I love the controversy and hope it gets out of control. There's no better way to get word out than some negative publicity and opposing viewpoints. St Pat's Brigade may just get off the ground after all ! I'm dusting off the bagpipes this weekend ! Of course, I hope no one really gets offended but then again, that's life. My Irish ancestry goes back to Cork County and beyond, but I see nothing offensive or political here... it's a supporters club. For an MLS squad. Who really cares? Of course, if we start going all Irish Republican Army and get invloved in terrorist activities then I'm out.... But some good natured football/futbol/soccer related shenanigans sounds like fun. It's not like the St Pat's are going to kidnap your coach before a big match! ( that's a bad Cruz Azul joke - sorry if I offend anyone )

10. AndSomeAreAngels

Jun 7, 2003
    Brokelyn
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously, spare us the lecture. The San Patricio's rebelled against what they considered to be an unjust war. They stood up for their beliefs and fought against the atrocities being committed against Mexicans and fellow Catholics.

They strongly disagreed with what our military was doing (sound familiar?), so strongly that they took action. And while the easy modern-day example would be an American soldier in Iraq deserting and fighting American troops, that's a bit of apples and oranges - I think we lose a little bit of historical perspective b/c our country was a far different place when the Mexican American War was being fought.

Taking a supporters group name from a historical reference is not a direct translation - I think it's understood that you're honoring certain aspects of a group's behavior while distancing yourselves from others.

"Sam's Army", e.g. I don't support our military operations in Iraq - if I'm part of Sam's Army does that mean I'm for the war? Of course not.

Certain aspects of the San Patricio's are very honorable and those make for a good analogy given the current immigration issues, as well as the racial and ethnic makeup of the majority of Chivas' fans.

Non-Latino Chivas fans are in the minority (just like the San Patricio's were). We embrace the Latino community and want the club to help facilitate better relations between ethnic groups. It doesn't mean that we're honoring the idea of being a military traitor.

11. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The fact that other teams are bitching about it is a good thing. They are giving it free publicity. They are driving people over here to check it out, let em be.

12. The Fox

The Fox Member

Jul 10, 2006
    Gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It sounds like we have a winner here. San Patrick's Battalion! here we come! If so many of our opponents hate it than it's definately the way to go.

Even before CUSA was born it was being bashed. The bashing continues to this day by the racists and xenophobes who still consider CUSA a "foreign" team. The pathetic little trolls in our forum are just using the San Patricio issue as a pretext to continue the bashing.

It is quite evident from the beginning of this thread that we wish to start a separate support group where anyone and everyone can participate to cheer CUSA on. The Legion is supportive to CUSA but their main support goes to Chivas Guadalajara which means if CDG is playing nearby CUSA will play 2nd fiddle which is understood. The San Patrick's Battalion will form the core support group to CUSA around which all others who want to support CUSA can join.

It is said that history is written by the conquerers. I consider the San Patricio's honorable men and not traitors. The war which they were participant in was not an honorable one. It was one of conquest and imperialism. It is not a proud chapter in our history.

Ultimately; this new support group is about people supporting a beleaguered football team and not about politics or race issues, so you trolls out there get a life. If you got nothing better to do in your own forums and you want to bash CUSA do it on the rivalry board but don't come into our house to do it. Have a nice day:).

P.S. Congratulations Going Mobile on your modship!

13. John Kevin W. Desk

Mar 5, 2007
    Me too, which is exactly why I think you're a bunch of jackoffs.

No one's saying you can't form a separate but equal supporters club that lives for the privilege of riding in the back of Legion 1836's bus, but if you Lord Haw-Haws and Tokyo Roses are dead-set on vandalizing history, don't hide behind "Take it to the Rivalries Board!" as an excuse for your crass ignorance.

From day one every MLS team, not just the Galaxy, have been completely and proudly multi-ethnic. There's just no excuse for not knowing that. The only reason Chivas USA is trying to sell themselves as a pro-immigrant club is because they got their ass kicked up and down the league with Mexican players.

Frankly, it's nice that Antonio Cue's money helped peel off the kind of person that would think the most xenophobic football team in the hemisphere is somehow representative of the reality of American immigration. Coincidentally, it's the same kind of person that's able to simultaneously claim Guadalajara's tradition somehow applies to Chivas Carson when it's convenient, but claim CDCUSA is a separate club when someone brings up Dad's Mexican-only policy. It'll be nice to see you all out in public, so the rest of the league can see what the worst, dumbest fans in American sports history look like, and can give your pictures to stadium security in case you ever move to Columbus or Kansas City or wherever and try to support an actual team.

14. glyconerd

glyconerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    Wow, that's alot of irrelevant and hateful gibberish directed towards a bunch of guys trying to get a new supporter group going free of any agenda than to simply support CUSA.

Look, I suggest you get that cactus out of your ass and sit down because we're going to do whatever we please. Lawd, like some moron on the net is going to deter us...Enjoy your yellow card.

15. John Kevin W. Desk

Mar 5, 2007
    Who's "we", you and your head lice?

If little shits like you now have the power to give out cards, better make it a straight red, you ********ing hypocrite. Weren't you on the Galaxy boards just two seconds ago?

16. glyconerd

glyconerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan

[​IMG]

17. futgod

futgod Member+