Finally

Discussion in 'magicJack' started by soccerreigns, Apr 9, 2011.

1. soccerreigns

soccerreigns New Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Yea for God's sakes ..Moving forward finally....now WPS could just get the freaking website up and running..

2. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Hi, Hope :D

3. AMBreakers

AMBreakers Member

Boston Breakers, Boston Univ. Women's Soccer, Norwich City, Charleston Battery
    Jun 21, 2010
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96kwILL35ig"]YouTube - Pilot - Oh Ho Ho It's Magic[/ame]

4. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Five days till first game and still no website and very little information.
    What the F--k is this guy waiting on?

5. Peg Hopper

Peg Hopper Member

Aug 4, 2004
    On the Border
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some how think that Boris and Natasha have other issues to deal with right now on their business/revenue stream front.

http://bit.ly/ik0MTL

Ouch.

6. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    This forum is really dead.

Will MagicJack even average 1,000 fans per match this year?
    Maybe they'll have 1,100 fans on average, if they promote and pass out free USB things to help dedicated fans get internet phone service for a year.

Or at least 10% off coupons on MagicJack service.
    $19.95 per year for phone service, could become $17.95 per year.
    Until of course, Google Voice puts them out of business, for offering similar service for free over broadband.

7. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    No site.

Unknown uniforms.

No clue on starting line up.

Etc, etc, etc.

If they kill Philly as some expect, I think things will start jumping.

Oh please let Philly do a feed for this game, Oh please!

8. dablackdoctor23

dablackdoctor23 New Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm just looking forward to the explanation for the off season of secrecy...should be fun

9. moog

moog Member

Mar 2, 2003
    eastern PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Talk about an unprofessional owner. You'd think they'd at least have a minimum of info on the website by now, that's the main way people find out about teams these days, since there's no advertising.

I think WPS should change the wording on the website from 'magicJack is working hard to give you an updated website for the team's 2011 season. Check back soon!'

To: 'magicJack is hardly working on an updated website for 2011. Don't waste your time coming back here.'

10. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008

Or, instead it should say ..........
    "MagicJack .... we never had an actual women's soccer team to begin with. Those players including Abby Wambach are out of luck. We only used this WPS thing the whole time to showcase and exploit near free of cost advertising, to a young female and father of daughter target market, using clever market segmentation by choosing women's soccer for that, to create more awareness to that sector of the public, and to generate more sales off of them from our paper-weight type of voice phone service, so Daddy can save money on phone service that his daughter is calling and talking on all day"

It's a legit product yo.

http://www.magicjack.com/5/index.asp

11. Peg Hopper

Peg Hopper Member

Aug 4, 2004
    On the Border
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At this point I guess that we will just have to see if the magicJack show up in Philly, and what kind of game they bring. If Hope is not playing, this weekend, it will also be interesting to see how the rejuvinated Loydon fares agains't Kai, et. al. Of course there have been no peeps or tweets from the magicJack team regarding the game, so the cone of silence around this operation continues.

12. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    They're loaded. I'm not even sure Marta gives WNY the advantage people think this year. If this team has a problem and doesn't run the table on everyone but WNY, it's the coach. Same thing goes for WNY.

Shannon Boxx
    Amanda DaCosta
    Marian Dalmy
    Omolyn Davis
    Lisa DeVanna
    Tina Ellertson
    Sarah Huffman
    Meghan Klingenberg
    Jillian Loyden
    Brett Maron
    Nikki Marshall
    Ella Masar
    Rebecca Moros
    Christen Press
    Christie Rampone
    Johanna Rasmussen
    Becky Sauerbrunn
    Sophie Schmidt
    Meghan Schnur
    Hope Solo
    Lindsay Tarpley
    Abby Wambach
    Kacey White

That's an All-Star Rookie 3 they have alone.

13. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Alright, I'm gonna cluck like a crow, and rank this team (if it really exists).

On paper, here's their star rankings ............

MagicJack Roster ("Get your Jack on")
    F - Abby Wambach (5-star)
    F - Christen Press (5-star)
    F- Lisa DeVanna (5-star)
    F - Ella Masar (4-star)
    F/M - Johanna Rasmussen (4-star)
    F/M - Lindsay Tarpley (4-star)
    F/M - Rebecca Moros (4-star)
    M - Kacey White (3-star)
    M - Amanda DaCosta (3-star)
    M - Shannon Boxx (5-star)
    M - Meghan Klingenberg (4-star)
    M - Sarah Huffman (4-star)
    D/M - Sophie Schmidt (4-star)
    D/M - Meghan Schnur (5-star)
    D - Nikki Marshall (4-star)
    D - Marian Dalmy (4-star)
    D - Christie Rampone (4-star)
    D- Tina Ellertson (5-star)
    D - Becky Sauerbrunn (5-star)
    GK - Hope Solo (5-star)
    GK - Jillian Loyden (4-star)

New MagicJack Commercial, and Slogan below

-Jack off your old wrinkled phone service. Jack on to MagicJack, a USB smooth shaft that plugs in and drives performance up her alley, up your alley, and up their alley. It will jack you on right away, and you can jack off with splashing savings. Get rid of your old jack, and jack yourself on to a new jack that will save you jack (money). Get yourself off real good from being tied to those old phone bills that drove you nuts, and get yourself turned on to a MagicJack, with savings arousal, it will make you scream ((( female voice ))) .... "jack this magic, ohhhh".

((( Asian voice ))) ....
    "So get your old Jack Off, and Get your New Jack on. Get your Jack on long time (all talk you want), with MagicJack" "Jack it with Magic"

Now, if the MagicJack inventor/owner/company is reading this, then send me a private message, and hire me for advertising purposes. I have an MBA, with a marketing career, and past experience in marketing/sales/business management.

14. tarheelfan490

tarheelfan490 New Member

Nov 12, 2004
    arlington, va
    kacey white plays for the zombie-freedom now? that's awesome! and tarp, too? let's go tar heels

15. hykos1045

hykos1045 Member

May 10, 2010
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hope Solo was suspended by the league for the match for twitter violations at the end of last season.

To me, I've never been offended by a single thing she says on twitter. I just think her total lack of adherence to the predescribed 140-character limit is a real bore. Brevity, Hope! Brevity! If they wanted twitter to be another blogspot, they wouldn't have established such a limit!

16. hykos1045

hykos1045 Member

May 10, 2010
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    tweetgate:

Its official, the refs are straight bad. Its clear the league wanted dc in playoffs. I have truly never seen anything like this. Its sad. 11:13 PM Sep 11th, 2010 via txt

A goal taken away with no explanation, one offsides call against dc, many against atlanta. An amazing all ball tackle for a red 11:15 PM Sep 11th, 2010 via txt

We play with 10, DC with 12. Players punched in the face. Free corners. I am done playing in a league where the game is no longer... 11:16 PM Sep 11th, 2010 via txt

...in control of the players. 11:16 PM Sep 11th, 2010 via txt

The head ref calls it a goal!!!! It even goes up on the scoreboard!!! Than no explanation! Its a joke!!!! An absolute joke! 11:52 PM Sep 11th, 2010

Nice spin on the game report brunson. The little old 7th place team from atlanta ran the show last night. was your head dizzy watching 11:39 AM Sep 12th, 2010 via txt

...us ping the ball around the field?I'm proud of us ATL,we are beginning to show this league how the game should be played-beautifully. 11:39 AM Sep 12th, 2010

Multiple choice question...why did the refs call back our goal? Is it... A. Free kick taken before the whistle B. Indirect not direct 11:55 AM Sep 12th, 2010

C. Offsides D. Foul on unknown player Those are all the reasons we heard, so I think E is the only one that really makes sense... 11:55 AM Sep 12th, 2010

E. We just want washington to win regardless 11:55 AM Sep 12th, 2010 via txt

http://www.twitter.com/hopesolo

17. ForeverLOST108

ForeverLOST108 Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Orlando
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it's amazing to have Klingenberg, Marshall, and Rasmussen not even rostered for the game. That show's how deep this bench is. Unless any of them are hurt that we don't know about.

18. aurajenn

aurajenn Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    as a tarheel fan, I would like to see C. Press and Megan K. on the field together.

19. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    So yesterday morning I get up, get ready to start my day, turn on the TV to one of those chanels that has paid advertising all night long and guess what I see, an ongoing MajickJack commercial.
    The commercial raves about Borislow big time not just the product. Most advertising/commercials push the product not so much the CEO or creator.

I see that he is actually a Phd. He was called "Doctor" in the commercial.

I always immagined him as maybe some college geek who had a good idea and with some luck and a couple smart friends created a product that made him lots of money.
    Kind of like the Facebook guy.

Well, if he's so inventive and smart, why the lack of information on his soccer team, or a decent web site? Other then a few twitters and a player blog we know very little about this team, IMO.
    I don't get this at all!

20. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    he has a honorary doctorate. i can't remember the university.

if my memory serves correct, he made about 60M doing deals with AOL yrs back when AOL tried to buy napster. so, he had a couple of coins in his pockets before he invented Jackster. YMAX market cap is something like 260M, and i think he still holds 61% of the company.

anyway...as hated as he is by DC fans, he is doing right by his players as far as paying and housing them. he just dont give a #### about the fans.

i do like the idea that he challenges the league over ridiculous spending.

anyway...is there a confirmation on a feed for the game with philly? i'm tired of looking at his u13 team's uniforms on youtube. i want to see...

[​IMG]

21. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's not even including her accusations of racism against the Breakers supporters earlier in the season.

22. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I think that's the one she's really sitting out for. :cool:

23. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    you may not have been, but...

a player can't accuse the league/refs of essentially cheating to benefit the opposing team. that will bring you a fine or suspension or both in just about any league.

so should we be looking for a new owner...just in case?

24. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Is this a real team?
    Weren't they supposed to play a match today (their opening match) ???
    What was the score?

I don't see anything on the MagicJack website about the match?
    In fact, I don't see anything on the website about anything.
    Just says "Coming soon".

When?
    The season has already started !!!

25. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain