FINAL 2007: Argentina vs Brazil (r)

Discussion in 'Copa América Centenario 2016' started by efernandez9, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Re: FINAL: Argentina vs Brazil (r)

But I'm not :confused:

2. Toppa

Toppa New Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Arizona

Kaka, Ronaldinho (arguably the two best players int he world) Ronaldo, Adriano, Lucio, Ze Roberto (recently retired) Emerson, Cicinho, Dida were all missing and these are typical starters.

3. nathoue

nathoue New Member

Apr 7, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I hope the result doesn't affect the U-20 Arg. I'm hoping for an exiting game

4. sidis

sidis Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Itaguaí-RJ - Brazil

hahahahahahhaha, brasil il il il il

5. hectorcrib

hectorcrib Member

Mar 27, 2007
    In a 6.0
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

If Doni wouldnt have cheated on the penalty? well then they would have to retake the penalty and then you dont know what happens next, wether he misses or scores, you dont know what wouldve happened next so dont bring up that sh*t no more.

6. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Retired and injured players don't count!!! Cicinho has not started under Dunga. Only Kaká and Ronaldinho on that list were really missing and they have not always started under Dunga.

Same goes for you samuel clemens. JC, Fred and Lucio are injured (Fred was called up remember? We were a man short cause he broke his foot). Adriano has nto been called up by Dunga cause he's out of shape and just returning. So yes, only two were missing.

7. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Kaká, Ronaldinho, Fred/Adriano, Lúcio, Júlio Cesar. 5 or 6 abs, depending on how you look at it. DEfinetly not only 2.

8. Toppa

Toppa New Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Arizona

I counted Ze Roberto because his retirement was unexpected/very sudden and he could have continued playing for Brasil because he's excellent. And injured players DO count because if Riquleme and Messi were unable to play because of injury then people would be calling the Argentina team a "B" team as well. "B" means that your regular starters are not in there. Cicinho is the rightful heir to Cafu and had it not been for injuries he would have been starting under Dunga as well.

So...Brasil had how many starters missing? Kaka, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Adriano, Cicinho, Lucio, Emerson, Dida and (Ze Roberto). 8-9 Oh yeah, Fred would make it 10. If Fred were not injured Wagner Love would never be starting.

9. golazogolazogolazo

golazogolazogolazo New Member

Jul 11, 2007

Argentina will have to learn what it took Brazil 2 decades to realize, it is going to take more than talent and playing beautiful football to win you a tournament.

10. hectorcrib

hectorcrib Member

Mar 27, 2007
    In a 6.0
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

If theyre injured then theyre missing, Dunga wouldve used them if they werent injured, so they are missing

11. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

I was thinking the same thing, Argentina is at the stage where Brasil was in the 80s, early 90s. Brasil eventually got tired of being underachievers, and won 2 WCs. I´d say bringing back Basile was a bad move by the Argies. Hes the guy that got beat 0-5 by Colombia at home, and was KOed and the 2nd round of the 94 WC. Time to stop recycling. Get rid of him, get rid of Veron, Zanetti, Ayala, etc. They havent won anything while their were in their prime, sure as hell they wont start winning now.

12. Air Fly

Air Fly New Member

Apr 30, 2005

LOL@Brazil B team owning Argentina. looool :)

Ombak just drop it, let the argentinian suffer, this in no way or shape was Brazil A team. Kaka best in the world followed by Ronaldinho equal 4 players by themselves cause they demand more than single coverage. add in Ronaldo in attack, fred was missing, cicinho was missing? like seriously, these guys are auto starters for brazil and they were missing hence Brazil beat argentina with their b team.

13. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    East Orange, New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Damn this was much much better than Copa'04!!! :) Brazil did play very good, though they had me yelling at the tv early in the 2nd half when they were getting stupid yellows for time wasting!!

Gotta give Dunga props!! 10 years ago he lifted the Copa as a player and now he took a B minus team(sorry Ombak but neither u, I or anyone with any common sense would use that lineup for a WC match!!) made them belive in his system and belived in them and now he lifts the Copa as a coach!!!

I dont think he'll be in any hurry to call back R-Dinho or Kaka!!

NUMBER EIGHT IS GREAT!!!! :)

14. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England

Wrong re CICINHO......he started the first two games under Dunga.

He did call-up and play Adriano v Portugal n February btw.

15. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Fair enough.

My point still stands - neither Adriano nor Cicinho are starters at this point.

16. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England

This is just being fickle. Give credit where it is due - they lit up the tournament and won 5 games and were free scoring as well. They can be proud of their futbol but were outwitted today. People need to find some middle ground when making judgments.

17. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

I disagree about Cicinho - especially if we stick to a 4-4-2 - and anyone who calls a team that is missing injured players a B team is wrong. That's not how it works.

B team used to actually have a meaning - it used to mean a completely reserve, often uncapped, team that was going to play an exhibition game parallel to the A team (in other words if the A team were 23 players, the B team would not include even one of those 23 players). Now it means nothing, people arbitrarily throw it around when someone who they feel should be starting is not there.

Injured players don't count because you wouldn't call an injured player up for any game - omajac if Brazil had a WC qualifier tomorrow Lúcio, Fred, JC etc. would not be called up because they are injured - they're absences are things you have to deal with on the A team, they don't suddenly make us a B team. The only absences that do are voluntary ones - and here we have only two, Kaká and Ronaldinho, both by choice of the player with the coach's agreement.

18. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England

Well, they - Argentina - got close in 1990 by playing the most cynical futebol I have ever seen a team play in a World Cup. It is no exagerration to say that futebol's laws were reviewed after Argentina's campaign in that Copa. I suppose I am saying cynicism almost worked.

19. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England

Correct. I think we were 4 short - Julio Cesar, Lucio and Kaka - forget Ron Guacho as he might not have played both Kaka and him. So I agree - 8 As and 3 A pluses!!

20. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Lúcio, Júlio César and Kaká are unquestionable starters based on past call-ups and current form. But JC and Lúcio were injured, so we just have to hope they'll be ready for October, and I'm sure they will be.

21. Abebe

Abebe Member

Aug 26, 1999
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I haven't read any of the posts yet.

Beautiful Defense by Brazil.

DUNGA.

Beautiful touch football by Brazil; I will have to watch it again to look at the off ball movement because it must have been amazing; Brazil's form was great, until the last 10 minutes at least.

Almost a perfect game by Brazil and the coach; only change Dunga could have made was to substitute Baptista around 80 minutes.

Wagner love could become a good player with the right coaching.

22. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

He had a good game today, had a hand in the 1st and 3rd goals.

He's good at assisting but he's not a goal scorer, I still don't want him as a starter.. a late 2nd half subsitute is what he is.

23. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

I think both Mexico and Uruguay could have defeated us today. Bot not Argentina.
    We always play our best against them, while they always choke against us (in neutral ground, that is).

24. olimpia84

olimpia84 New Member

May 22, 2006
    Bosque de Para Uno
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

congrats to Brazil, they played very well and deserved the victory.

25. Mengao81

Mengao81 New Member

Apr 5, 2006

I don't see how Wagner Love starts in front of a healthy Ronaldo / Adriano etc....I actually would love to see Julio Baptista at the striker role and let another skilfull player play as the Attacking mid.