FINAL 2007: Argentina vs Brazil (r)

Discussion in 'Copa América Centenario 2016' started by efernandez9, Jul 12, 2007.

1. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    we will see the same final from last copa!

will we see the same heroics? I do not think, some how I feel brazil misses big names to go along with Robinho or diego.

your comments?

ahhhhh....NO MORE pks pls....lets hope is all done in regulation
    copa america should/must have gol de oro in over time?

2. SCIX

SCIX New Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Re: FINAL: Argentina vs Brazil (r)

Brasil has to play a hell of a game to beat Argentina.

3. Asalieri

Asalieri Member+

Jun 29, 2004
    Mesa, Arizona
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

It will hardly be the same game, though.

Oh no. This time Brazil's got another torture coming. :)

4. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Brazil plays lackadaisical against most teams but they always get up for Argentina. They save their best for us.

This is going to be a tough test, but we're going to come through it and win. This team is just too good.

5. Sagacious

Sagacious Member

Jun 25, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I hope Argentian wins this time! When did we win a cup last time? In 1993?

6. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

I've said from day one that argentina has this one on the bag. We just don't have the firepower to deal with the squad they called. It's a merit for players like Tevez and Messi that despite the long seasons put their country above all that is remarkable. Our primadonas think they are too good for copa america, they like the european spotlight, bunch of mercenaries...

If you asked me how this game was going to go in the first round I would say that argentina would do a goleada easy. But since Julio Batista is on the team now I see that we will put a decent fight. Not enough to win because we can't do that with v.love as forward (one that doesn't score goals btw) only Robinho is a the caliber of Riquelme, Tevez, Messi and cia so argentina should have no surprises Sunday, and that's what we got for taking a C team. Last time we won with a B team but not only was way better then this C (with Adriano and all) but we also got lucky. We can't get lucky twice,

can we?

7. ElClu

ElClu Member

Jul 10, 2007

Yes you can.
    In fact,you have the kind of luck that helped you win everything many times.
    The example is this last game agaisn't uruguay.
    They had it in the bag,only one more penalty and urugay woul've advanced.
    But the gods of futbol didn't agree from above and they had to miss it.
    Yes,you can always have luck.
    This is the only game, worldwide (argentina-brasil), where there is no way to make any pre-analisys,because of this "luck" factor.
    It happened many times before to leave this factor aside.
    It is clear who is coming in stronger,no doubt,just check who both teams opponents were and how they were defeated (and lost to,in the case of brasil),and you can really say "brasil had it easy",and also " argentina killed everybody without effort".
    But, does it matter for the next game??
    Will it be a factor?

8. hectorcrib

hectorcrib Member

Mar 27, 2007
    In a 6.0
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Brazil will win yet again, 2-1

9. fejas

fejas New Member

Apr 26, 2004
    Toronto, ON

This game has a clear favourite: Argentina. Even if Brazil had taken all of its top players to the tournament, the way they've been playing under Dunga would still make Argentina the favourite here. Add to that the fact the Argentines have been playing quite well lately, and you'd have a recipe for disaster...

Except this is as traditional a match as you can get in international football, and all bets are off when these two sides face each other. Just like Uruguay always gives Brazil trouble no matter how differently they have been playing, Brazil always gives Argentina trouble even when the opponents are better. There are also some bad memories for Argentina in regards to the last Copa America final, even though I don't think that would play much into this game.

In the end I think Argentina wins by 2-1 or 3-1. I hope I'm wrong though (there's always wishful thinking).

Cheers,

Carlos
    http://www.brazilianfutebol.blogspot.com

10. HINCHADERIVER91

HINCHADERIVER91 New Member

Jun 27, 2007
    LOS ANGELES

dunga said that its basicly a B team

11. bandaide

bandaide New Member

Sep 3, 2006

is Gilberto Silva suspended? he picked up yellows against both Uruguay and Chile

12. HINCHADERIVER91

Jun 27, 2007
    LOS ANGELES

hes gon play still.///
    one of the refs forogot to put his name as a yello.

13. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006

Argentina will win. No doubt.

Unless it comes to penalties. Though, having seen the Brazilians take the penalities in the semi, I guess Argentina could win even there.

14. Asalieri

Asalieri Member+

Jun 29, 2004
    Mesa, Arizona
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

You kidding? It's Robinho and 10 nameless dudes wearing Yellow shirts.

They have a player called Elano. I think they should follow his lead and call the entire team they brought to Copa America "Elano".

15. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

I guess you can give credit to a part time gigolo like dunga. He was never a coach and I believe we will never be one. Whatever he says should be discarded.

16. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Then again in futebol everything is possible if you are brave enough. I know that for a fact when my team, Internacional from Porto Alegre-Brasil, a bunch of no name nobody average guys took on primadonas media queens of Barcelona's ronaldinho gaucho & cia and we won the Club World Cup.

[youtube]hT-Lk3wOdbE[/youtube]

barcelona was favorite, they had a much stronger squad on paper but he had a lot more desire and guts to go out there and shut the entire world. I guess nobody ever believe we could do it, except the colorados itself. So if those punks on dunga's team have some self respect and vergonha na cara, they could win this thing.

17. Failed States

Failed States New Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys

A betting man should go with Argentina on this one.

Than again this is one of the biggest rivalries in the world and anything can happen.

The Uruguay vs. Brazil game was quality you could feel the history behind the two playing out on the field, and it gets better on Sunday.

18. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

well,

With the game I posted above I made it more than 3k on bets. And I really should have bet more. I'm starting to have a hint that Brasil is going to take this thing. Any takers?

19. ElClu

ElClu Member

Jul 10, 2007

Nah
    Don't bet against argentina this time.
    When you hear riquelme saying "los muchahos estan contentos,you estoy feliz" in the interviews,brasil could only wish that can put up a rather useless fight.

20. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Strange... You seemed to like him back then when he was selected:

:rolleyes:

21. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

I wasn't wrong about his personality he's certainly not concerned with the brasilian media or any other pressure other than agents, and that's exactly where the problem lies. We did gave him some trust for who he was a player since he had no experience as coach but now he's doing major bs so I have to observe and dislike based on that.

#1 the goalie doni = He was a bench goalie in Atletico mineiro (a piece of garbage team that was relegated to the 2nd league) than his agent managed the miracle to sell him to Santos where he was bench as well, and got in the field a couple of times, took some really stupid goals and everybody asked for his head, next thing you know when we all imagined his futebol days are over his agent manages a second miracle and sign him with Roma, now Dunga called this guy out of the blue so we can get exposed and not surprinsingly right after he's seen having dinner with the miracle maker agent of doni.

#2 anderson a piece of garbage good for nothing peladeiro that has no condition whatsoever to be a #10 on Brasil's NT is called as soon as his contract with Man Utd got froze since he couldn't be signed in England due to a number of things including the fact that he didn't had enough time on the Brasil's Nt, next thing you know.. He's called for selecao... Ohh and got signed with man u as a result of that... Surprise surprise someone got paid

#3 afonso a total 100% lixo that happens to have his agent seen with dunga as well, now all of sudden is nt material in the hopes he's signed by a bigger european team, fricking pricks someone got paid again.

DONT EVEN GET ME STARTED ON vagner !#$!@$!@% love

Dunga f!@#!@#$ up! His team is a joke, he's not been honest to his own promisses and there's too much shady bussiness around this team calling all those clowns that shouldn't be there in the first place. He trusted him and he abused our confianca. I hope dunga rot in hell and fricking cbf 2

22. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    East Orange, New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Look even after we get spanked by the Argies on Sunday(3-1 is my predicting) Something good can still come out of it!! At least Dunga can have a settled group of players to take into the "marathon of madness" WCQ's!!

But if this Copa hasn't shown him that V.Love is useless and still keeps selecting him after it then we will suffer more in the WCQ's and then he will get the boot!!

23. HINCHADERIVER91

Jun 27, 2007
    LOS ANGELES

well lot of brazil players are gone que no??
    ze roberto,roberto carlos,dida,ronaldo,cafuuu.
    after the world cup they havent played with the national team..

24. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    East Orange, New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Well R.Carlos and Dida retired on their own!! Ze Roberto was forced by Bayern Munich to retire and drop out of the Copa and Cafu actually had the gall to say he still will be available at WC'10(at 40 yrs old!! :eek:)

And Ronaldo hasn't been picked but after this Copa fisaco I expect his 1st game back will be the WCQ on the road v Colombia(In Bogota at altitude I bet, cause they like sorry ass Ecuador and Bolivia cant beat us anywhere else!!) in Sept/Oct of this year

25. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Two amazing things happened this past week. It snowed in Buenos Aires, and Vagner Love scored a goal for Brazil.

:D