Filipinas Rising (The Philippines Women's Football Thread)

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by Dernhelm, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Dernhelm

Dernhelm Member+

May 13, 2014
    Drovers Run
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Yes either way it will be very tough, but less tough than if we got anyone from Group B! Right now the team appears to be a complete mystery but i heard the federation might plan to contact North Korea or Myanmar for friendlies early next year.

gricio61 and blissett repped this.
  2. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    I'd say your ladies Dernhelm will need those friendly games. Only 9 international matches played by Philippines this year while Jordan has played 15 of them in 2017 and has your other rivals -Thailand (12 matches so far) on the menu for tommorow.

blissett and Dernhelm repped this.
  3. Dernhelm

Dernhelm Member+

May 13, 2014
    Drovers Run
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    The plan right now actually is an intensive camp in the US starting later this month because majority of the squad will be US-based. The camp itself will have tuneup games with American women's clubs and perhaps a team from Puerto Rico i heard or the Mexican WNT. Then after the intensive camp will be friendlies with Asian nations. Yes i know we're cramming that a team really hasn't been formed yet at this point while retaining only a few (half?) from the players this year but trust me when i say this is a lot better than the normal arrangement of preparing only two months before the tournament.

4. Dernhelm

Dernhelm Member+

May 13, 2014
    Drovers Run
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
  5. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
  6. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, what I'd say is that, on paper, it still remains nothing more than a dream (especially given the results of latest South Asian Championship). Now, at least, it's a dream that has some slight chances of becoming true. if Philippines had ended in group B instead of Vietnam, there would have been no actual dream to talk about...

Dernhelm repped this.
  7. Dernhelm

Dernhelm Member+

May 13, 2014
    Drovers Run
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
  8. Dernhelm

Dernhelm Member+

May 13, 2014
    Drovers Run
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Yes you are right, either way it's still a tough and we are definitely the underdogs made obvious by our ranking. But it's been made "less tough" by being in Group A. We have to figure out how to beat Jordan and Thailand to make things more promising.

Anyway don't forget we lost only 0-1 to Thailand in a previous qualifier and in the SEA Games where we supposedly underperformed, we had our best game vs Thailand losing 1-3. Thailand meanwhile beat Jordan 3-0. We hope to turn around that 1-5 loss to Jordan in the recent qualifiers, i mean the Jordan coach expects us to be much improved by then. We shall see!

gricio61 and blissett repped this.
  9. Dernhelm

Dernhelm Member+

May 13, 2014
    Drovers Run
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
  10. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    I really dig the nickname! Malditas! :devilish::cool::D

Dernhelm and blissett repped this.
  11. Dernhelm

Dernhelm Member+

May 13, 2014
    Drovers Run
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Not many warm up to it though, there's a negative connotation to it that is frowned upon by other women here particularly the coaches, players and the parents of the younger players. There's also Malditas vs Matildas oh dear :p

12. Dernhelm

Dernhelm Member+

May 13, 2014
    Drovers Run
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Since i apparently am not allowed to write news articles for TBT anymore, will post the press releases straight here instead ;)

And btw... HAPPY HOLIDAYS from the Philippine teams! :x3:

[​IMG]

gricio61, datschge, Lechus7 and 2 others repped this.
  13. Dernhelm

Dernhelm Member+

May 13, 2014
    Drovers Run
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    BlueCrimson, gricio61, Lechus7 and 3 others repped this.
  14. Dernhelm

Dernhelm Member+

May 13, 2014
    Drovers Run
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    HAPPY NEW YEAR from Team Philippines :x3:

datschge, gricio61, Lechus7 and 2 others repped this.
  15. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I especially like the final credits, stating that editing, video and photos were due, among others, especially to Mia Montayre! :);)

Dernhelm repped this.
  16. Dernhelm

Dernhelm Member+

May 13, 2014
    Drovers Run
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Hahahaha thanks!! The things this team makes me do :D

blissett repped this.
  17. Dernhelm

Dernhelm Member+

May 13, 2014
    Drovers Run
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
  18. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Are the photos made by you? :)

You didn't talk to us much about new coach: what his plan is? What kind of approach does he want to take?

Also, how the seclection process for the Jordan team is going on? What's more likely? That the core of the "old" team who qualified remains or that there will be many new insertions of American-Pilipino girls?

Dernhelm repped this.
  19. Dernhelm

Dernhelm Member+

May 13, 2014
    Drovers Run
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Yep, the photos are mine hehe. I haven't really met the entire staff yet or have i personally seen his approach/system. All he said to me back then regarding systems was that:

The selection process was unique in our case. There were two parts... Philippine based Filipinas and overseas-based Filipinas. For the former, the PFF technical director made the call-ups. For the latter, an identification camp and tryouts was held. What's not just likely but is happening is that there will be many insertions of Filipino-Americans. I mean you said it yourself or someone @Lechus7 maybe in the Nadeshiko thread that with the previous team we had in Tajikistan is not going to work or won't be enough to stand against the 7 other best teams in Asia. So this is our level up. Hopefully... it will work, a bit.

gricio61, blissett and Lechus7 repped this.
  20. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Could work indeed, but there is not much time to integrate these new players in the old team and to elaborate a "best system" to support them all... :cautious:

21. Dernhelm

Dernhelm Member+

May 13, 2014
    Drovers Run
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Haha i know right? That's what i am most worried about........

blissett repped this.
  22. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Hmm...outside of training camps, a full run in mini-tournament around March would do the job of team integration nicely. Something akin to Istria Cup or Gold City Cup. Perhaps some local venue? Heh, I know easier said than done but... oh well you know the saying the more you have...;)

23. Dernhelm

Dernhelm Member+

May 13, 2014
    Drovers Run
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    I think that is planned. Something like friendlies against teams or clubs in the Southern US or Mexico even. And they say they are talking to Japan for a friendly or North Korea.

24. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Judging from two consecutive posts by @BostonRed on the "Yank Women on Foreign WNT" thread, the "big scrimmage" through friendlies vs clubs to sift through all of the US-based Pilipinas already began! Two teams were tried, both with almost American-born girls only! :eek:

These are very interesting news. Actually, Japan especially needs friendlies vs higher-ranked teams, but in fact they anyway need more friendlies in general, so let us know if the contacts with Japanese Federation will have any positive outcome. :geek:

Edit: it could be a chance for you to photograph both your girls and Japanese players! :giggle:

Dernhelm and gricio61 repped this.
  25. Dernhelm

Dernhelm Member+

May 13, 2014
    Drovers Run
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Oh yeah tell me about it, sorely missed out already when they had a training camp in Japan and got to tuneup with Nojima Stella.

blissett repped this.