Fight in the River End a disgrace tonight

Discussion in 'Sons of Ben' started by aztec21bas, Jul 29, 2011.

1. aztec21bas

aztec21bas BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 24, 2009
    Mullica Hill, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously folks, that really got out of hand and ugly tonight. I hope you all police your own. There should be several people not only getting arrested and booted from SOB, but should lose their tickets as well. I'm sure it will make Sportsnite and the other highlights as well. Sad!

2. sober_Irishman

sober_Irishman New Member

May 20, 2009
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Section 134... a disgrace tonight

What happened?

3. aztec21bas

Jun 24, 2009
    Mullica Hill, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

A bottle was thrown at Nyassi after he scored, then all hell broke loose. Several fights , people throw down through the stands.... just ugly.

4. ChefJim27

ChefJim27 Member

Feb 9, 2008

There was an ugly brawl, according to twitter. One SoB I follow claimed that certain people in 134 took a swing at security. I have no idea if this is true, nor do I know if this was the Corner Creeps or stubhubbers. The last time 134 had a dust up, it was drunken stubhubbers.

5. sober_Irishman

May 20, 2009
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Damn. Sounds like the vet when I was a kid.

6. sccaflagger74

sccaflagger74 Member

Apr 24, 2005
    Media, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

And wasn't there just a 700 level discussion in another thread? :eek:

7. sober_Irishman

May 20, 2009
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Hahah yeah. I don't bother with the long complaining threads anymore though.

8. celt1997

celt1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Philly Burbs
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

From my vantage point in 137, which wasn't very good, it looked like whomever threw the bottle didn't like the fact that everyone was pointing at him for security, and things degraded from there. Ugly indeed.

Kudos to the one girl in 134, though. She did a full 4-row leap out of the stands in order to escape the ensuing mosh pit of fists! :eek:

9. Doop

Doop Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

From my vantage point I counted a dozen people tossed. And that's not counting Sheannon Williams...

10. Hammer215

Hammer215 Member

Jun 12, 2008
    Killadelphia
    Club:
    West Ham United FC

Stubhubbers from 135 threw the bottles on the field then went after the people in 134 when they were ca;;ed out about it.

Thank you.

11. aztec21bas

Jun 24, 2009
    Mullica Hill, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Why do these incidents always get blamed on "stubhubbers"? Whoever the seats belong to should be done.

12. Hammer215

Hammer215 Member

Jun 12, 2008
    Killadelphia
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    That was one of the maybe 10 stubhubbers who swung at an actual cop not security. Not a corner creep.

Well, from the phone call I received from a STH in 135 the guys who threw the bottle and then went after 134 for pointing them out were most likely stubhubbers as he has never seen them before.

13. UnionBoysForLife

UnionBoysForLife New Member

Jun 30, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union

Get your facts straight. Before, the 2nd Rapids goal, someone from 135 threw a bottle on the field and we [in 134] were yelling at him for his inappropriate and unruly behavior and someone (presumably from 135) started yelling at us and defending the bottle thrower saying, "he's cool, he's ok". Then the shirtless man (presumably from 135) charged into 134 and started swinging at our section's people.

134 or The Creeps did not start this fight, we were 100% defending ourselves. This was caused by people outside of 134 charging into our seats and swinging at us.

Do not accuse us of being a disgrace. We (The Creeps) did not throw the bottle on the field, so don't accuse us of being out of line. We have children, girl friends, and wives with us in our seats. We can't help drunken, shirtless goons who start swinging at us.

This entire situation could have been avoided if the douche with his shirt off didn't charge into our section.

We in 134 [The Creeps] come to watch the Union play, heckle the away team, and have fun. We don't want fights, we don't want this b*llshit trouble.

3 people repped this.
  14. Ruud11

Ruud11 Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC

So was the dude from 135 a Stubhubber; if so can we ask the Union to put more pressure on getting our sections blocked out on Stubhub?

15. Hammer215

Hammer215 Member

Jun 12, 2008
    Killadelphia
    Club:
    West Ham United FC

The STH that was next to the guys in 135 who threw the bottle on the field and started the fight with 134 has never seen them before. So either a stubhubber or using someone's tickets. But I believe there were about 10 of them together.

16. UnionBoysForLife

Jun 30, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union

I did not recognize the shirtless dude from 135, but then again I don't know everyone from 135, so I can't speculate whether he was a Stub Hubber or not.

Either way he was extremely out of line and caused the entire situation to get out of control. Unacceptable.

17. gta95

gta95 Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Jersey
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

From the back of 135, I heard a chick got rocked in the face and all hell broke loose. For about 30 seconds it was an insane brawl.

18. UnionBoysForLife

Jun 30, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union

One of my friend's wives got hit in the face. We can not stand for that disrespect.

19. jaykoz3

jaykoz3 Member+

Dec 25, 2010
    Conshohocken, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I sit on the other endline.............it looked insane over there. I saw some dude in a white shirt just throwing bombs on someone on the ground. It looked like he landed 4-5 haymakers on somebody. I'm on the other end of the stadium and everyone could see the above.

Hopefully the actions of few knuckleheads won't hurt the masses who are well behaved and don't throw stuff on the field.

20. jess370

jess370 Member+

Feb 14, 2008
    collingswood
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union

From 136 it looked like one of the big boys that started the trouble went face first down the stairs.

21. TjPunx

TjPunx Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Chester County
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Shame on 135 for sitting on their hands and not policing themselves and their section, for not pointing out the meathead who threw the bottle on the field.

22. gta95

gta95 Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Jersey
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Half of our section that saw the dude were pointing him out. Don't pin this situation on us.

23. TjPunx

TjPunx Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Chester County
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I didn't mean the entire section but i know the people sitting around this guys seats were not.

24. AnMaistin

AnMaistin Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Delco
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Why the hell do we blame whole sections in general? Do we really gotta pull that blame game bullshite?

It's the fault of the cuntface who threw the damn bottle. Him and his friends are the ones there should be shame on. If he was, as many say a stubhubber, then blame should be on the real ticket holder as well. Throwing blanket blame on a section it pointless and only hurts us as a group. We don't need that crap about sections. We're all Sons of Ben goddamnit! If you're gonna say shame on any group put it on all of us.

-Capeguy of 138

2 people repped this.
  25. Dudepal

Dudepal New Member

Apr 12, 2011
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union

The dude who threw the bottle was sitting over near section 139 for the Everton game and threw a bottle then too, pretty sure it got reported. He is a large man, that tends to only wear tank tops and is always beyond drunk.