FIFA World Ranking

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by jonny63, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    I think weak leagues in Europe is the norm.

The French div. I feminine might be the weakest league, both historically and this year. Lyon has won virtually every league title since they entered the league in 2004.
    This year, they beat the number 2 team PSG 5-0. 14 of their 20 matches were shutouts. Their GD is 83 goals and they have given up 6 goals all season.

And Atletico Madrid & Barcelona in the Spanish league also don’t have much competition. There was a 26 point difference between Atletico and the number 3 team Levante.

2. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn it. Someone asked!

I was wondering myself but didn't have the energy to do the work yet. (Trying to figure out how to do the graph was a real chore I tell you. I'm really TERRIBLE at that stuff)

:)

3. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Graph using official FIFA ratings with the following African confederation exceptions:
    • special performance ratings for Nigeria and South Africa (using matches against non-Africa teams only)
    • excludes Cameroon's matches because there was insufficient number of matches against non-Africa teams to estimate performance ratings like I did for Nigeria and South Africa

World Cup graph by FIFA with modified Africa.jpg

SiberianThunderT repped this.
  4. L'orange

L'orange Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jul 20, 2017
    Yes, this is one area where the United States as the advantage with the NWSL, which overall is significantly more competitive than the European leagues. The FA WSL is the only one that is close, with three good/very good clubs, one a half/notch or a notch below them, and maybe two others that are decent--but there are at least four tin-can clubs in the league. In a couple of years there will be at least 5 strong clubs in the English leagues and maybe a couple of others who are competitive, so it will be on a par with the NWSL, I think, or very close. But the French, German and Spanish leagues are very top-heavy and have too many middling teams.

5. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    Uppsala, Sweden
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    So Sweden aren't in Europe anymore?

blissett repped this.
  6. [​IMG]
    Oranje voor aanvang van de WK-finale. © BSR Agency
    Hoogste positie ooit voor Oranjevrouwen met plek 3 op wereldranglijst

Orange Lionesses are in FIFA ranking 3d, behind the USA and Germany.

L'orange, McSkillz, Dundalk24 and 3 others repped this.
  7. MiLLeNNiuM

MiLLeNNiuM Member+

Aug 28, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Latest FIFA Rankings - Released Today (7/12/2019)

upload_2019-7-12_5-12-14.png

59Amerinorsk, McSkillz, kolabear and 2 others repped this.
  8. MiLLeNNiuM

MiLLeNNiuM Member+

Aug 28, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. MiLLeNNiuM

MiLLeNNiuM Member+

Aug 28, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Nassau County, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    blissett repped this.
  11. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The French league isn't all that weak; 4th place Bordeaux beat current 4th place, W Spirit in a friendly a week before the NWSL season began. They've just now doubled their budget & since signed the Jamaican star, Bunny Shaw.

PSG was able to tie Lyon in the other league game' plus only loose 0-1 in the Cup meeting

in their mad craze to win the CL, lol I feel Lyon is too strong for it's own good; FIFA lauded them 6 out of the top 10 players in the world on their anual
    short list. But it's left them with virtually no competition for almost the whole season outside of PSG & a few other clubs like Wolfsburg/Chelsea.
    And once again , no coincidense that it's players(domestic & international) had sub par performances at a major tournament

poor @blissett, guess who guy's didn't heed the advice of coach K! lol

MiLLeNNiuM repped this.
  12. toad455

toad455 Member+

Nov 28, 2005
    158 countries is a new record for the women's rankings.

13. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Alright, so going from back to front...
    I was within 2pts for USA, GER, FRA, JPN, NOR, ITA, CHN, SCO, ARG, NGA, THA; within 5pts for NED, SWE, BRA, ESP, CHI, CMR; further off for ENG, CAN, AUS, NZL, KOR, RSA, JAM including more than 15pts for ENG and AUS. Of the ones I'm far off on, there's an interesting triangle with ENG/CAN/NZL, with ENG playing the other two in pre-WWC friendlies and then those two playing in the same group.

59Amerinorsk, McSkillz and kolabear repped this.