FIFA World Ranking - AFC

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by FCMB, Jan 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    lol. he always writes essays on here. i think because it feels good to writes a long, concise and logical essay regarding a subject you know about. it makes the author think that there is purpose to life and that he is accomplishing something. the problem is that most of what he says is common sense so it does not really need all that explaining, nor is it even an important issue, nor will it change anything. but each to his own i guess.

Farhad Khan repped this.
  2. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Top 20 teams of Asia below. Interestingly Singapore, Malaysia and even Yemen are below the top 20

upload_2013-9-16_15-4-37.png

3. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Singapore, Malaysia and Yemen are all bad and from a low level.. Worse than top 20. But I can't see why Tajikistan and Turkmenistan are in the top 20..

Korea will drop harder by time.. And I expect UAE and Jordan to rise.

4. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I have to admit that I haven't followed their results lately, but the rankings which are shocking to me are the ones for two Persian-speaking countries, namely Tajikistan and Afghanistan. Both seem to have improved substantially. Tajikistan, a minnow of sorts, is ranked 15th close to Saudi Arabia which is ranked 13th! And Afghanistan is also in the top 20 in Asia, ranked 19th ahead of Thailand which is ranked 20th!

5. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    But it's certain that there is a new generation of Asian teams stepping up. Teams like Jordan, UAE and Uzbekistan who were minnows before are rising.

Australia and Korea are dropping. Maybe it's just a transition period. We will see

6. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Korea in 5th place is pretty retarded though, they should be ahead of both the aussies and the chokers. Other than that the rankings seems pretty accurate - just subtract 20 points from every team's ranking and you get the real ranking. lol

7. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #1007 edlee1992, Sep 16, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
    we have the individual talent to be second in the group but the chemistry and inexperienced back 4 is killing us.

our line up is like this
    ---------sunderland or arsenal-----------
    bayern lev------cardiff--------bolton
    -----------sunderland--wolfsburg------
    mainz-----augsburg---chinese league----j league
    --------------k league--------
    we have a mainly europen starting lineup and couple on bench but just need the coach to mold it together
    too be honest with the exception of the defense this is the best team we ever had

8. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Tajikistan actually qualified for the 3rd round group phase of the World Cup qualifying.. in the group with Japan, I think they lost all there games, but it was great for them to play against better nations..

Afghanistan hasnt really been tested of late, and besides the minnow south asian teams of Pakistan, Sri Lanka, the only teams that are of semi decent quality which Afghanistan have done well against of late (looking at there current results is India, Laos, and Maldives

9. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    LOL it's just a matter of time before Afghanistan surpasses Saudi Arabia in the rankings lol

10. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    nobody cares kid. all you do is try to show off foreign players. were you not the same one who was posting pages of 11 year old koreans wearing barca uniforms? LOL. stop with the excuses and accept your rank.

11. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    LOL i wonder where sahbekham_pactwinner is. i wonder if he is still listening to backstreet boys in vancouver. ROFL!

12. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    What was fair about the handball? Cross came in, he stuck his arm out, the ball wasn't that fast so not reflex, the ball his his arm and fell to the ground.

I don't know what you consider handball, but that's about as handball as they come.

13. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    That sob clown is most likely reading our posts, but is too much of a coward to show his face. Never will any of us meet a bigger sell out like him.

14. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Syria was disqualified, so Tajikistan took their place. Otherwise they would never been qualified.
    Afghanistan can win easy against the likes of India or Maldives, but how will they handle the strong Asian teams?

China got good results lately against the likes of Singapore and Malaysia but that doesn't mean that they have improved. I mean, look at the opposition.

15. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    iam just saying that we have the talent to be way better than we are now. Almost our entire team is made of european players and even have some on the bench. plus those kids i mentioned arent just ordinary kids with barca uniforms on. they actually play in the famous la masia academy. and one even got listed at 1 million euros to fend off other teams. Chelsea even bid 5 million euros for a u 15 year old. 2 of them are gonna participate in the afcu17 qualifiers later this month only cause some team complained about these players and fifa sanctioned barca.

16. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
  17. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Australia declining as expected. Uzbekistan doesn't deserve the third place in my opinion. UAE on the rise.

Iraq also declining unfortunately:(

18. Nurafshon

Nurafshon Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Germany
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    We are in the 3rd place for the first time.

19. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    A year ago we had Japan in the 19th place, Australia 21, Korea Republic 30th and Iran 44, and look at us now.

Japan is 44th now and that is the best team of Asia... Asian football is really declining

20. TigersOfAsia

TigersOfAsia Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    FIFA rankings mean jack shit. Countries that actually care about them, are the ones declining.

21. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Correct. Unless there are people who think that Panama, Scotland, Cape Verde, and Mali are better than all the Asian nations.

22. Farhad Khan

Farhad Khan Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Asia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Lol. Obviously a South Korean would say that.
    Doesn't the ranking matter for WC 2014 group pots?

The fact that you posted this in a FIFA World Ranking thread shows me that you care and this ain't the first time. For someone who is trying to say he doesn't care and has a lot of posts in this thread is just LOL.

Yeah so what if there are some Iranian members here doing some banter which is what Iran got in last WCQ where many Asians here said Iran would probably never make it to WC again and blah blah.

Either defend Korea and say statements like at least Korea is playing legit teams like a man or say you don't care about rankings like a coward.

23. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    ummm rankings dont matter unless ur top 7 in the world cup. asians will be put all in the same pot for drawing. even if korea was 10th in the world we'd still be in the asian pot, with i think concacaf

24. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    they lost head to head to us 3 times in the past 4 matches, 2 of them being in their backyard. now they are under us in the ranking. they have nothing else to say so they now start attacking the ranking method. something tells me that we will outdo them in the world cup too, and given our non-existent preparation compared to them playing 20 world class teams in friendlies, it would simply be hilarious. i guess at that point world cup wont 'matter' to them either lol.

Farhad Khan repped this.
  25. TigersOfAsia

TigersOfAsia Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    :ROFLMAO: says no one
    actually, maybe just people who don't know crap about football, or people who don't have access to the internet, therefore don't know how much the world has changed...so basically all of Iran.
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: