FIFA World Ranking - AFC

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Valkyrie, Nov 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    yea but u also have something that korea and japan does not have which i believe is better than funding. which is 70 million fans who are crazy about the sport. in iran football is the only sport ppl really care about

2. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Edlee 1992, you mistake here completely .

Our beach Soccer team won the international cup. Our Volleyball and futsal teams are among top teams in the world. Our basketball team was 19th team in the last WC and they qualified for next WC. Iran is also good in weight-lifting. There are also other sports that we are good in them.

No doubt Iranian fans are very passionate but many Iranians are not Soccer fan at all.

3. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    thoses sports are only fad sports which means ppl only care during some kind of competition maybe except basketball. if u wanna put it that way korea has been top ten in the previous olympics and winter olympics. which means are fan base is even worse than we expected in football. there is no doubt that football is by a million miles way better than any other sports in iran.

4. korfan

korfan Member

Aug 24, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    omg. this must be the only time i ever post in here. this thread is a rant thread.

Listen. Right now, present day, there is one UNDENIABLE fact today, November 29th 2013. Japan IS the best team in Asia.

Once again, right now, present day, Iran IS NOT NOR IS Korea the best team in Asia.

FIFA Rankings are broken. They always will be. Iran or Korea are not better than Japan.

On the Iran v. Korea issue, I do not feel that the World Cup Qualifying match was representative of TODAY's teams. Yes, In June 2013, IRAN WAS BETTER THAN THE TEAM KOREA FIELDED. Korea did not field a better team, Choi Kang Hee absolutely DESTROYED Korea's NT, and you can only beat what was in front of you. Iran did that. Thus, on that night, and surely the time around that night, Iran NT was better than Korea NT. This we can ALL agree on.

However, is June's match representative of December's teams?

No.

Korea has EVOLVED as a team. Our coach isn't a d*ck, we've got direction, goals, and we're finally going somewhere. We are BETTER than June 2013.

Now, am I saying Korea NT TODAY is better than Iran NT TODAY? No. We will not know for sure until teams play each other. And FIFA Ranking is not representative at all. In what world is Armenia better than Korea or Iran by like 10 places.

I feel that TODAY, Korea ON PAPER has a better team as individuals. HOWEVER, we all know that what's on paper is not what is on the field. Iran could beat Korea 8-0 and vice-versa.

We must all distinguish the NT and Football development.

What must be made blatantly clear is not even the WC will be representative of brute talent compared to each other. If Korea gets the best draw and Iran the worst, and Korea makes the QF while Iran crashes out, does this allow us Koreans to say 'We're better than Iran'? No. We beat what we had in front of us. We did not beat Iran or Iran's teams.

So, is Korea NT better than Iran NT? It's debatable. Friends, we will NEVER know for sure. But what we all could do is be a little more respectful and not hate on each other.

Respect to Iran for making the WC. They deserve it. Hope they do well. Not win the WC well (I'd be jealous if anything), but it would be cool if they won a couple matches. In the Western world, they're perceived as underdogs. More or less should be, but that's beyond the point. Point is, good luck to Iran.

Peace.

teammellieIRANfan, AIL1998 and Mani repped this.
  5. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    A pissing match thread?
    Oh you shouldnt have!