FIFA World Cup 2018 Preparation [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by GoYoungrokba, Sep 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    I'd like to see something like that one day:

[​IMG]

If you watched the video analysis that our bot gunitinug has posted in the Uzbek thread, you could see that our fullbacks provided no width. SHM, KCH, LKH and HCH were too central oriented. the whole left and right side were empty. To avoid such problems we need learnt wingbacks.

The roaster is just an idea, dont take it too seriously. Chung Woon could easily get replaced by Kim Min Woo, Han Chan Hee or Lee Myung Joo by a true DM, Lee Jongho and Yeom by either Nam, Ji or LCY (if he plays). But what I want to show you is that the 3-4-3 could be the solution for our everlasting FB and DM problems.

that formation would be too young / inexperienced tho tbh

jessypjs repped this.
  2. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    905750651849777153 is not a valid tweet id

3. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    3-4-3 would be a good option but against an one-top opponent (many teams still play 4-2-3-1) it would make little sense.

4. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Also we don't have a fast wingback that can offer decent crosses.

5. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    yeah I generally like the 3-4-3 but I can't see us executing this formation well in the World Cup stage. This isn't the 2002 squad where we had wingbacks that made it work.

6. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    That's why we need to test out the likes of Ahn HB and Chung Woon. To see if it's any worth to use a 3-4-3.

7. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    If KOR are going to have any success at all in RUS, i cannot stress enough how important KSY's health and psyche are to this team. with both (health and psyche) in good working order, they stand some chance of not embarrassing themselves.

8. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    I think the last formation has the most balance. However, shouldn't the search also include brutes at CB who excel in aerial situations and are no-nonsense?

9. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    To start with, Kim Minjae will be most important one for aerial situations. But you are right, Kwon and especially Park don't fit this category. I am hoping that Jeong Seung Hyun can develop well in Japan and become a overall solid defender. The last time I saw him was at the Olympic games where I liked his play and some K-League highlights. I honestly don't know how he's become now, maybe takeuchi knows better.
    Also there was a physical beast in the U20 WC squad named Jung Tae Wook, but tho he was great in aerial fights, he lacked general skills as a defender (tho being decent for his age). He had some good games tho. The problem is that he hasn't debutet as a pro and is far away from being ready yet to be called for the senior NT. Kwak Tae Hwi would be another one but he's too old and has regressed a lot.
    Maybe another Kim Min Jae can be born within the 9 months, who knows?

10. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    as weird as it might sound, Korea should use one set of centre backs for Asian competitions, and another for anything involving non-Asian teams, where extended periods of defense are expected. Command of the penalty box is a wonderful thing to have, and it means defensive set pieces aren't nailbiting moments.

11. Ice cube

Ice cube Member+

Seoul Utd
    May 4, 2014
    Club:
    Incheon United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Unless I'm mistaken Shin was only hired for the remainder of WCQs. He accomplished his brief, that doesn't mean we have to extend it. Just because one manager was good enough for one level (AFC) doesn't mean he's the right fit for the next level (WC).

12. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    If only our players made good career moves or didn't have freak accidents and actually continued developing (PJY, PJH, KBK, LCY etc) we'd have quite a formidable team.

PJY
    SHM - KBK - LCY
    KJC - KSY
    PJH - KYK - KMJ - X

chook90 and Sons of Thunder repped this.
  13. GoYoungrokba

GoYoungrokba Member+

May 21, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Fact: The man has earned his job, period.

14. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Originally, it was supposed to be for the remaining 2 WCQs then hire a foreign manager afterwards, but instead Kim Ho-gon forced Shin Tae-yong who was supposed to be on his way abroad, and stated that Shin Tae-yong would remain as the manager even if we were to slip down to 3rd.

15. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He was forced like Hong Myung-bo not "earned". Also, if we're going by this logic of "earned", then both Bonfrere and Choi Kang-hee should've led us at the WC since they've done their job in getting us to qualify for the WC.

Ice cube repped this.
  16. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #141 takeuchi, Sep 7, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
    Didn't think he was impressive for Ulsan after the Olympics. Also, it's really early in his J League career. He hasn't played enough games but I don't think he is better over Son JH of Niigata (left footed CB).

As for Kim MH, he has decent left foot but he is right footed defender. He is the best out of the defenders in J League (from J1 to J3).

edit - at the same time, I don't think any of them are as talented or an upgrade over Kim YG & Hong JH. also, Jang HS could be out for a bit after his injury for FC Tokyo.. could miss the October friendlies.

17. GoYoungrokba

GoYoungrokba Member+

May 21, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yup. Both Bonfrere and Choi earned the job. The only difference is that Bonfrere was sacked while Choi quit. STY can step down from the KNT post whenever he wants.

18. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    #143 gunitinug, Sep 7, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
    i really want to see LSW in A team
    its exciting to imagine what he will do to our attack

19. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Bonfrere resigned not sacked, and so did Choi Kang-hee after he got the job done. Shin Tae-yong can come back to managing the KNT after the 2018 FIFA WC.

20. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  21. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Hiddink's getting ready to make a statement regarding KNT comeback. KFA not budging and continuing to downplay through media.

"히딩크 감독의 축구대표팀 사령탑 복귀 의지를 알리는 보도가 나온 뒤 긍정적인 여론과 뜨거운 관심을 확인했다"면서 "이와 관련해 히딩크 감독이 기자회견을 통해 자신의 의지를 밝히는 방안을 놓고 측근들과 논의 중"

http://v.sports.media.daum.net/v/20170908161115105

22. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    with KYK starting week-in-week-out for Manchester Utd. :ROFLMAO:

10August2012 repped this.
  23. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Thanks for the infos. I guess we'll need to see how JHS develops before testing out. I've never heard of Son JH, but the fact he's left-footed is interesting. How old is he? And about Kim MH, how is he compared to KYG & HJH in terms of mentality, and why you think he's not an upgrade (does he also have the frequent errors)? Just want to get a better explanation. I think talent is not the problem of KYG or HJH but their shitty mentalities and lack of motivation (plus lack of intelligence).

24. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Will be interesting to see if he just says "guys it was all just a rumor" or starts a war

25. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    #150 gunitinug, Sep 8, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
    i can't wait to see LSW at russia.

can we make a petition to select LSW for senior team