FIFA World Cup 2018 Preparation [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by GoYoungrokba, Sep 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ceezy

Ceezy Member

Jun 10, 2014
    I hope you're right.

2. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Member

Jun 11, 2013
    #52 krnxsnoopy, Sep 6, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
    If Hiddink comes back, can we bring back PJS too?

[​IMG]

Sons of Thunder repped this.
  3. HomokHarcos

HomokHarcos Member+

Jul 2, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hiring Hiddink will actually probably Save STY's reputation.

4. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    협회 관계자는 "히딩크 감독이 설사 한 푼도 받지 않고 사령탑을 맡겠다고 하더라도 성사 가능성은 없다고 봐도 된다"고 힘주어 말했다.

A KFA official: "Even if Hiddink would earn nothing, the chances of him becoming the manager is like zero."

Fcking KFA

chook90 and killaorca repped this.
  5. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    Time to let them burn. Molotovs at the ready. After that, it's the Croatian FA's turn.

chook90 repped this.
  6. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    What's Gunes doing? Did he sign a new contract with his club?

7. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Yes his contract is until 2019 I think. And he's still doing good. No chance.

8. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    KFA should still try to go for him after 2018..

9. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Would be good, but seriously doubt it.

Back to the Hiddink topic. The KFA didn't even care to consider! First they say he's too expensive, then it wouldn't happen even if he'd work for free. So they were against him from the beginning. Honestly, I hadn't expected anything from that shite association anyway.

10. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    I guess they dont really wanna ditch STY bc of 의리... not knowing this might make him another HMB..

11. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    A yes man is wanted, as always. Do Korean football fans ever protest in the streets if things are going badly?

12. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    I guess KFA needs to take responsibility by sticking with STY. However, taking responsibility is something KFA never do.

13. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Shin TY or whomever ... the manager has about 8 to 9 games/friendlies before the WC roster is due.

http://www.fifa.com/calendar/index.html

3 training sessions (about 5 to 6 friendlies) w/ full squad & 1 training session w/ local based players (3 games) for EAFF in Dec.

Good luck creating a team after 4 training sessions (Oct, Nov, Dec & March)... not to mention, about 4 month of scouting Asian leagues.

edit - imo, it doesn't matter who the manager is, doubt you will see a difference in result or performance during the WC.

jessypjs repped this.
  14. TaegukWarrior

TaegukWarrior Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    is this absolute? no way kfa will change their mind on this?

i can't believe how dire we've become/how incompetent the kfa are. I felt a sense of excitement I haven't felt from the nt since 2012 just skimming through this thread reading thoughts from you, sk, n hodori. I agree we have nothing to lose and everything to gain by appointing hiddink, which begs the question 'why not'

wtf is the kfa thinking

chook90 and aeh1991 repped this.
  15. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  16. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    meh...kind of expected at this point.

17. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    I don't think this story will be over that quickly. I don't expect him to be appointed at the moment, but I think the rift between the KFA and the fans will get bigger. Finally, there will be heads rolling, I think. Most probably STY resigning due to the pressure (similar to how HMB resigned after WC2014) and the KFA left with no real candidates (as Hiddink may not wanna work with them) and we failing completely at the WC (we'll even lose everything before it starts).
    So god dammit just go and talk with him already!

18. Ice cube

Ice cube Member+

Seoul Utd
    May 4, 2014
    Club:
    Incheon United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I've thought about it, and although Hiddink is no longer at the level he was at, he is a much better option than anything we could have expected in this situation. What other coach of his level would not only be open but actually want to manage a NT with such a poor pool of players and with so little time to prepare, especially with his legacy on the line? Let's be realistic, the next-best and still viable option is probably STY. And between the two I don't think there should be any question as to who is better.

Seol Korea, chook90, Hodori and 2 others repped this.
  19. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    I'm worried about STY actually. Apparently he was very stressed out about this qualifier and couldn't sleep...just imagine the pressure he'll feel in the actual WC. And if we fck up (which seems inevitable at this point) I can see STY being the next sacrificial lamb. All the blame will go to him possibly instead of KFA...
    I might not like him as a manager but I don't hate him as a person. I don't want anyone to get the HMB treatment...

Seol Korea, chook90, Hodori and 2 others repped this.
  20. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    I'm hoping Hiddink just forces his way into a meeting with the KFA, and basically browbeats them into giving him the job.

21. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    #71 Fector, Sep 6, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
    If STY fails WC 2018, who will be in charge of the Olympic team 2020? If Shin really cares about Korean Soccer, he should think about that question. If he fails like 1T 2L or 3L he will be permanently out of the pool of potential NT managers at any level. That is what happened to HMB and Cha Beomgeun.

22. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    I bet my balls on that current U18 coach will lead the Olymic team because KFA is fking retarded.

23. doraemon

doraemon Member+

Jan 9, 2010
    FWIW, Hiddink has apparently said in private that he believes this squad is more talented as a whole than the 2002 squad.

Sons of Thunder repped this.
  24. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Wouldn't be the worst choice imo. But I get your point. There are also Choi Yong Soo and Nam Ki Il tho who could take the helm.

25. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Objectively said, it is. They just lack mentality, willingness, the will to sacrifice and motivation. And on top of that, tactics.

Marco91 and Seol Korea repped this.