FIFA World Cup 2018 Preparation [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by GoYoungrokba, Sep 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #526 ChaDuRi671, Dec 1, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    At least on the bright side, we won't be pressured to make out of the group.

Also, I like having a tough group than having a weak one. Last time we had a weak group, we were complacent and underestimated our opponents.

2. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Group A may seem weak on paper, but in reality Uruguay and especially Egypt are no pushovers. The Saudis might've fared well under Van Marwijk, but would've likely crashed out under Bauza, now it's the waiting game under Juan Antonio Pizzi; the Saudis should've kept Van Marwijk and let him handle things for the WC.

chook90, killaorca and GoYoungrokba repped this.
  3. GoYoungrokba

GoYoungrokba Member+

May 21, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    IDK how the Saudis let Van Marwijk go. Well that is typical ME football management though.

4. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Japan will definitely struggle in that group, and it's also funny how they meet Colombia yet again for the second consecutive WC, and on top of that, they're in Group H, the group we were in the last WC ;).

Also, Australia will get a run for their money vs France and Denmark lolol.

5. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    From the comments I've read from Van Marwijk, it was more or less the same typical attitude that our FA makes; Van Marwijk wanted to handle things without interference but the Saudi FA wanted full control/handle the matters their way.

6. ConcernedK

ConcernedK Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Sweden and Mexico are definitely beatable. They are not like Morocco, Algeria or Belgium. Germany - Korea will be an interesting match as I love both teams.

First game will be vs. Sweden. If we do well in that game, we have a higher chance of advancing.

7. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    if sweden wants 3 points they will have to open up and raise their line vs korea

Seol Korea repped this.
  8. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The night 조봉래 spanked a full German A-team was the night he proved a lot of deluded fans wrong, and he did it with a B/C team as well, gg. Anyway, I am quite glad that we have Germany in our group since we have Toni Grande and Javier Minano; Toni Grande in particular knows Joachim Low's tactics very well.

As for a South American team in place for Mexico: Chile.

HojuSaram, DHMGKorea, aeh1991 and 3 others repped this.
  9. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    For friendlies -- how about we just play really crap AFC teams 4 times (e.g., Laos) and destroy each of them 10-0? It will be like when a terminally ill patient just has parties and happy moments over and over before they eventually pass.

10. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    #535 Ceres, Dec 2, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    Zlatan no longer play for Sweden ... and even if he suddenly were eager to return from NT retirement, I can't see the Swedish FA letting him go to the WC, because he has had no part in qualifying ... It may be a "Scandinavian" thing, but if you do not do the hard work, you do not get a free ride at the expense of someone who did.

Sweden is not like Poland, so you should rather try to get a friendly against Iceland, then you know what you will be up against.

11. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Actually, Poland is more in place for Germany. As for Sweden's place, perhaps Iceland, Norway, Finland.

killaorca and Ceres repped this.
  12. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    There's also the Netherlands.

Ceres repped this.
  13. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Perhaps, but I'd rather take anyone of the Nordic/Viking countries in terms of similarity.

14. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    thank you for my new profile picture

BENJMNS and Seol Korea repped this.
  15. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Anytime brotha. Also, am looking for a gif version.

chook90 repped this.
  16. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    For Germany I mean.

I'm going to be real, but I believe in our offensive players and I hope they continue their form till the world cup. Son, Suk and Hwang play well if they are given lots of space and the opponents play high D. Playing counter attacking football is the way to go, I wonder if STY will find a way with it (or he listens to Toni). Kwon is also having a very good season as well and he has decent speed for a type of player he is. Both him and Ki can create chances I feel. Also if Lee Seungwoo somehow picks things up till the WC, he can be useful for us as sub. One of the biggest reason we did horribly is that many of our players either played bench for their club or were coming from injured. They were inactive and out of form. If we have players in form like in Asian Cup, we can play well (I think that's the biggest reason we did "well", not because of Stielike, in fact we went to the final despite him). Not true for us this time.

I talked to the Mexican fans, it seems like their manager is kind of like STY as in he tinkers a lot. they don't have a formation and they told me they don't have a competent DM. Their defence is their weakest and I heard they are slow. If they play with more possession and commit more players, then hopefully our attackers can exploit their defence.

Our Defence is the biggest break it or make it sadly. I hope Toni figure things out for us. Sadly he's still new and he doesn't know the players. He's probably going to work with the players STY selected. Hopefully things change though.

17. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Netherlands is not a bad option at all, Poland or Netherlands either way you can't go wrong.

DHMGKorea and killaorca repped this.
  18. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Lol that's really funny. Meanwhile German press is saying STY is the Asian Loew (instead of Asian Mourinho lol). :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

[​IMG]

Damn, STY has really become old the last 5 years. Seems to have gotten a lot of stress xD

Chemist9116, skim172 and killaorca repped this.
  19. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Guys remember this?

20. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    KNT vs Sweden:
    Son Heung Min vs Forsberg: which ace player will score?

KNT vs Mexico:
    Hirving Lozano vs FBs:
    can our FBs stand this quick & gifted player?

KNT vs Germany:
    Kroos vs Ki Sung Yong: battle of the playmakers

21. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    [​IMG]

Who is the woman behind him?

22. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    he can imitate Jogi's style, but can't imitate his class

23. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    We need HHC's gamesmanship once more.

24. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    Poland for Germany
    Denmark for Sweden
    Chile for Mexico

25. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Denmark is a highly attacking minded short passing team and so do not play like Sweden or any of the other Northern countries ...

chook90 and Seol Korea repped this.