FIFA Women's World Cup 2019 France - tickets

Discussion in 'Women's World Cup' started by zdog, Oct 18, 2018.

1. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    We had to go home early from France and now have 3 tickets to the Sweden vs Netherlands semi and 3 to either the Final or the Bronzegame (the one Sweden goes to). They need to be collected at Swedens supporterclub in Lyon and Lyon or Nice on matchday. I checked and I am allowed to transfer them so someone else can get them, but didn't get an answer if that one have to be a Swede.

McSkillz, blissett and jocasta repped this.
  2. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    *Checks airplane tickets to Lyon, sees they're too much, gets sad*

kolabear, McSkillz and blissett repped this.
  3. zdog

zdog Member

Apr 18, 2006
    akatime / virginia
    Huge numbers of empty seats near us last night. We expect even more tonight.

FIFA definitely has a distribution problem.

We know a number of fans who tried to get tickets who were shut and do didn’t travel to France. Three groups travelled with no tickets; all got them without any problem in the past few days.

We were reassigned tickets by FIFA because our group was spread around the stadium; it looked like our original seats were unfilled.

We saw no scalpers around the stadium; one person who didn’t know how to re-sell his extras was offering two tickets for free (no takers that we saw, as everyone had tickets).

4. McSkillz

McSkillz Member+

ANGEL CITY FC, UCLA BRUINS
    United States
    Nov 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a Native American, it might be a little tricky for me to look like a Swede ;) but I would try if I could afford the plane tickets which I can't.... sad face :(:(

blissett repped this.
  5. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Overall tickets sold 1 131 312 from around 1 300 000 on sale.

blissett and kolabear repped this.
  6. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As far as I'm concerned, France 2019 sold more tickets than Canada 2015. When I removed the double-counting for doubleheaders (15 by my count), I wound up with about 972,000 tickets sold for Canada

SiberianThunderT repped this.
  7. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to our cab driver on the way to the airport yesterday, there were 17,000 US fans in Lyon for the games.

8. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly, I would have guessed more based on how many American fans seemed to be in the stadium. But its impressive regardless: to have that many travel to another continent to watch the WWC. :thumbsup:

kolabear repped this.
  9. jnielsen

jnielsen Member+

May 12, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So, did everyone get their ticket problems resolved? It sounded like there were many people in the beginning whose tickets were not together.

Overall, how did FIFA do in this aspect of the games?

10. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A friend had her two separated USA v England tickets replaced at the last minute. Where did they put her? Sideline, Row 1.

kolabear, Gilmoy, jnielsen and 2 others repped this.
  11. zdog

zdog Member

Apr 18, 2006
    akatime / virginia
    Our finals tickets were replaced a few days before the match. We were right on the halfway line, six rows up. We were in the exact same seats for the second semifinal (those tickets were also replaced about a week before that match). I usually prefer to be (much) higher up, but these were great seats. We could hear the players talking on the field, and we could see the action on the other side of the field without too much difficulty. For the first semifinal, we were in the second to last row from the top, right next to the press (replaced about a week before the match). All of our tickets (8) were together in the same row (CAT1). Friends had similar experiences (both CAT2 and CAT3). There was little to no (useful) communication from FIFA about this, the tickets just disappeared from our account at one point, and then reappeared before the matches. In the end, everything worked out very well.

blissett and jnielsen repped this.