FIFA U-17 World Cup: India 2017 [R]

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by BocaFan, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Nico777

Nico777 Member+

Olympique de marseille
    Croatia
    Oct 19, 2017
    Whatever playing in estonia or bosnia hercegovina or sweden or albania in october or in march is not easy.

We have seen how croatia kosovo has been played even in september.

[​IMG]

And it s the qualifiers....

When it comes to world cup everybody comes to play in the same country.

32 teams
    13 uefa teams /32
    12 in the top 24.
    Only one in the bottom 8
    So only 7% of the uefa representation concerned by the 25% weakest part of the tournament played in south america

Caf 2/5 40% in the weakest zone.
    Concacaf 1/4 25% in the weakest zone.
    Afc 4/4 100% in the weakest zone.

Only 3 teams without a single point.
    Cameroon Honduras and Australia.
    Caf concacaf and afc concerned.

So get a clue.

World cup should be about the top 32 not a charity mickey mouse tournament.

2. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Wow! Rain! You have that in Europe? Unbelievable!
    How the hell are you able to play in rain? No one else in the world has to struggle with such dastardly conditions! You poor little things!

BTW Is rain in France magically different than rain in Bosnia? Or snow in Sweden magically different than snow in Germany? Please do tell about this magical climate you have in Europe! I must get out more... travelled Europe back and forth, heck, even lived here most of my life, but obviously spent too much time in hotel rooms or at home. Never noticed the wonders of European climate...

Fact remains that in 2014 UEFA teams were worse at qualifying from their group than a coin toss. And BTW you're the one who made the absurd, logic-defying argument that UEFA deserves more slots based on their 2014 World Cup showing. If you are an over-represented federation you need to overperform, not underperform to justify your overrepresentation.

So don't blame me for playing yourself into a corner. You argument is simply indefensible.

3. Nani_17

Nani_17 Member+

Nov 3, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not sure why we are talking qualifying here?

Just to sum it up. Sweden, whom has made it further than any CAF team 3x should make way for Tunisia, Trinidad or Bolivia.

Portugal 2x making further than any CAF team should make way for Egypt, Honduras or Venezuela.

Poland 3x making it further than and CAF team should make way for the same rubbish.

Croatia making it further should also make way.

It is the world cup, I get it, but quality matters. If you think allowing those guys in will magically make them forces you are dreaming.

So in other words, by reducing Uefa teams you are in fact losing quality. By increasing other teams you are adding rubbish teams. Logical enough for the illogical I think. Nah of course it isn't.

4. Nico777

Nico777 Member+

Olympique de marseille
    Croatia
    Oct 19, 2017
    You can talk about rain as much as you want i don't care much about the conditions in qualifiers.
    You were the one saying that croatia would struggle against cameroon in manaus in Brazil cause of conditions.
    And you ate 4 goals in your face.
    4-0 remember.

Fact is world cup is about 32 teams not 16.
    When you got 12 teams in the the top 24 and only one from 13 teams in the last 8.
    Only silly men like you would replace the teams that use to make the first round interesting and competitive by a weaker field.

3 last World champions
    3 last U20 world champions
    100% uefa u17 world cup final

13 uefa teams in the fifa top 20
    19 uefa teama in the fifa top 32.

You just got to deal with it my dear.

Nani_17 repped this.
  5. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Ask Nico. Its his obsession.

Rubbish you say? Lost all interest in your argument. Not that it made any sense...

6. Nico777

Nico777 Member+

Olympique de marseille
    Croatia
    Oct 19, 2017
    Yea the guys want to take off the teams from the 16th 25th range so the top 10 can have more fun in their dream of mickey mouse world cup.

7. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Ehm... you're the one that made the whole 'poor UEFA teams have to play in rain sometimes' argument. I was just ridiculing you for it.

OK, thanks for reminding me you are a troll.

Thanks for killing your own arguments over and over again. Don't even need to counter them. Anyone can just read your posts and see you are full of...

8. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Oooo... masturbating to each others posts I see. I knew you two would get along.

Goodbye.

And back to U17 World Cup we go.

---

9. Nani_17

Nani_17 Member+

Nov 3, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Forgot I had to speak to you like a child. Okay, so if the very best team in CAF can't make it past the QF why should we allow more? If the best concacaf team can only make it past the QF once why should we allow more? If the 8th 9th or 10th best Uefa teams can still make the semis or finals why should we cut them off? I think you get it, don't "play" stupid.

10. Nico777

Nico777 Member+

Olympique de marseille
    Croatia
    Oct 19, 2017
    Lol to read that from a sucker it is quite funny :D

11. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    From an African perspective I'm curious what will happen with Mali as an African force. They have gone downwards since Kanoute and Seydou Keita left.

But they've now been:
    3rd U20 World Cup 2015 (some of the greatest goals ever at a youth tournament came from Mali back then)
    Golden Ball U20 World Cup 2015 (Adama Traore, been injury hit since then unfortunately for his career)
    2nd U17 World Cup 2015
    Bronze Ball U17 World Cup 2015 (Aly Malle, now of Udinese)
    Now 3rd or 4th U17 World Cup 2017
    Likely award at the U17 World Cup 2017 (Lassana Ndiaye)

Nothing like the run that England has had, but this is an obvious trend. Will be interesting to see whether this indicates a golden generation for them around the corner. Normally when you see this type of trend at youth level, it does prognosticate a stronger generation of players / a local evolution.

You already have indications:
    Haidara and Samassekou (both from the above sides) being excellent for Red Bull Salzburg, both just 19 and 21 respectively.
    Yves Bissouma, 21 excelling this season for Lille.
    Adama Traore, 22, stop and start career, but excellent goalscoring record.
    Then a host of other young players are doing pretty well in France or Portugal aged 18 to 22

Its especially interesting given they've just come off the civil war, where football was banned by extremists.

It will be interesting to see. Them and England. Does a trend in youth football prognosticate an uptick in senior national team performance?

12. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Quick reminder:
    This is not a rivalries forum and any further baiting and trolling will result in warning and bans. I've already banned one person from this thread for a week.

Marcho Gamgee and BocaFan repped this.
  13. Nico Limmat

Nico Limmat Member+

Oct 24, 1999
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    #288 Nico Limmat, Oct 27, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
    India has good participation rates in Goa, Kerala and West Bengal. Given India's population that should be enough for a good quality team by Asian standards. But unfortunately the football infrastructure is terrible or non-existent. China is miles ahead of India at this point. As for the ISL, hopefully next year once it becomes the official first division of the country the clubs will finally invest some funds into the youth game.

14. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Back to the Mali - Spain game: The referees from the game formally apologized for not calling the goal. Nice to see. Like I said before - the whole situation was so quick I fully understand how the ref missed the goal, but its nice that they admitted to making a mistake.

"With Spain ahead 2-0 by the 43rd minute, Mali’s Doucouré struck from long range, hitting under the crossbar, with the ball dropping inside the net and bouncing out. The goal was not allowed but video replays showed that the ball crossed the line and should have stood as a legitimate goal. Referee Sato said they realised the mistake and wanted to apologise to Mali before they depart."

https://www.aclsports.com/6324-2/

I must say that after the U20 World Cup I am missing the VAR, even if the refs made a couple of mistakes in that tournament.

----

On a side note: FIFA as usual with the see no evil approach. In the official highlights of the game the goal Mali scored wasn't even included.

15. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Mali visibly better than Brazil in the first half, but Brazil had a few chances as well. Overall though seems like Mali want this more.

16. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Unbelievable series of defensive blunders by Mali coupled with an atrocious shot on goal by Brazil give Brazil the lead...

17. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    So, Spain is beating England 2-1 in what can be a great ending to a good tournament.

18. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    2:2 now.

19. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    2-5 now :eek:

20. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    England winning two Youth World Cups in the same year.
    Plus the Toulon Tournament.

Who would have ever imagined?

Congrats England fans. Cherish it.

21. nooshcat

nooshcat Member

Jan 3, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was a great comeback. These youngsters look much more promising than the senior national team. If they keeps their developing England may have a good team 5-6 years later.

zahzah repped this.
  22. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats England. As a USA fan, I always love it when we lose to the eventual champions lol... that way we can always say, "well we went out to the best team"

U-20s + U17s champions at the same time, can't say I'm not just a bit jealous.

23. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    as expected brazil take care of mali 2-0.

the final was more exciting though. the final score was not too reflective of the game, but england still clearly deserved the win.

my ranking for this tournament.

1. england
    2. spain
    3. brazil
    4. Iran
    5. germany/mali

unfortunately Iran had been matched up with spain early on. spain and england were the only teams in this tournament who would be able to beat Iran over and over, no other team had more than a 50% chance. but i guess that is how tournaments work, there is always a luck element. the final results dont matter too much though, as this is a development tournament. it was a good tournament for me overall, Iran proved to be top 4 in the world at this level, at least based on current form, and also england had an amazing team.

24. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ehhhhhh ... and Brazil.

25. Nico777

Nico777 Member+

Olympique de marseille
    Croatia
    Oct 19, 2017
    And they won the euro u19.
    And reached euro u21 semi finals.

And the A team qualified easily with kane delle alli rashford sterling that are young players as well