FIFA U-17 World Cup: India 2017 [R]

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by BocaFan, Jul 7, 2017.

1. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    lol that was in response to your claims that nigeria deserved to win by an even bigger scoreline. and i am not putting words into your mouth, you said yourself mali should have beaten spain 5-0 if they finished. you claim that it was all me but here you are 4 years later, post after post, just refusing to let it go. you just couldnt let it go could you, you had to make another post digging into my post history just to find that. but you know what? i dont even care at this point man. i wont even bother going into your post history to prove that you started it. i will let others judge for themselves. right now it is zahzah vs bigsoccer, stop to spot the pattern and think who might be causing the issue here.... you need to stop taking this so seriously and chill out, otherwise at this rate you will put the whole of bigsoccer on the ignore list. african teams might do better next youth tournament. its not the end of the world. chill.

2. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    [​IMG]
    Again. Claiming what I say even though I didn't say it. Mindboggling.
    Age cheating still occurs in Africa. As I've stated countless times. I've only said that as far as the U17 World Cup is concerned CAF and local FAs have done a lot to ensure youth sides are youth sides and that the U17 sides from Africa are now bona fide youth sides.

3. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    #253 zahzah, Oct 26, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
    Another guy putting stuff into my brain that were never there.
    Not poorly, but well below their achievements at any other age group. Is there really any denying that?

What other international tournament has not had a single UEFA team in half of the finals?

And what other international tournament has never had a single Argentinian team in the final either?

My bad. Exaggeration. Moot point anyways. Not really important, the gist is the same.

4. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    And who wouldn't?
    Thats entirely beside the point. Everyone following this tournament is just here for the ride. Its not entirely meaningless, other tournaments are more important, but why the hell comment if you don't give a damn about what happens here? Just show the youngsters some respect. For 95% of them this will be their biggest achievement in their short, forgettable footballing career. So let them have their moment, without denigrating their achievement.

5. Nico777

Nico777 Member+

Olympique de marseille
    Croatia
    Oct 19, 2017
    #255 Nico777, Oct 26, 2017
    You can't be serious :D you are here everydays for years got billions messages about african football and you dare to say i am the one obsessed with UEFA? :)))
    The only reason i defend UEFA here is that when i came for the first time i found out about silly comments suggesting UEFA should have less spots to give more to some confederations with weaker teams.

Otherwise i don't care...i used to like mexico colombia chile uruguay more than most of teams in uefa.
    I was excited about senegal and south korea in 2002.
    Drogba is one of my favorites players of all times and i cheered for Ivory Coast as well in 2006 and 2010 i would have liked them to have a run.
    Initially I would have loved to see Messi win the world cup in Brazil. But i love some brazilians players as well i'm a huge Marcelo fan. And my fav player in Marseille right now is Luis Gustavo.

It is only when i came here and read the hate toward european nations that i started to make fun from UEFA results.

I like elite football. To me the best teams should be in world cup. And the best teams are from uefa and commebol with like only 10 teams from other confederations.

6. Nico777

Nico777 Member+

Olympique de marseille
    Croatia
    Oct 19, 2017
    If every world cup results should determine the number of spots by confederation. From the last world cup we should have something like that:

Uefa 15
    Commebol 6
    Concacaf 4
    Caf 3.5
    Afc 3
    Oceania 0.5

7. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    AFAIK, its looking like India may host the very next under 20 World Cup!

zahzah repped this.
  8. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Well, you were the one that obsessed about me mentioning Mali scoring a legit goal (I even added that Mali didn't deserve to win or whatever). I still have no idea why it bugged you so much that I mentioned a fact. The only logic conclusion is you are obsessive, which by the way is your entire posting history.

I am somehow not allowed to casually mention a legit goal being scored just because I'm a known African fan? If yes, why? However way you spin you end up looking like an arrogant troll.

Answer two things: Do you agree Mali had a legit goal dissallowed? Do you agree Spain still deserved to win? If you have two YES answers than we are on the same page and you spent two entire pages obsessing about nothing.

EOT

9. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    #259 zahzah, Oct 26, 2017
    More like:

CONMEBOL 10
    CONCACAF 8
    UEFA 7
    CAF 5
    AFC 1,5
    OCEANIA 0,5

Over half of UEFA teams failed to qualify from the group stage yet you want to give them more slots...

CONMEBOL 5/6 - 83%
    CONCACAF 3/4 - 75%
    UEFA 6/13 - 46%
    CAF 2/5 - 40%
    AFC + OFC 0/4 - 0%

10. Nico777

Nico777 Member+

Olympique de marseille
    Croatia
    Oct 19, 2017
    Everybody knows here how biased you are toward african teams. Everybody knows how pissed off you are about the uefa nations success you are the one that brought the fact that europeans did not reach a final for 3 u17 tournaments in a row :D

I remember how before a croatia cameroon match you were saying that cameroon with the 3 etoo champions leagues trumps croatia and their 2 champions league won by modric and mandzukic.
    After the 4-0 you felt so ridiculous.
    But now i won't read anywhere from you that croatia got 5 champions leagues on the pitch.
    The biggest troll from this site is you. You stand out by far..
    And i don't see why you still quote me when you said you would add me on your ignore list? Your head doesn't work well.

11. Nico777

Nico777 Member+

Olympique de marseille
    Croatia
    Oct 19, 2017
    Lol yea you are right :D you are not a troll! :D

12. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    #262 zahzah, Oct 26, 2017
    Everyone knows except for me.
    I for one am very pleased with the recent English success and was hoping they would beat Brazil.

But for some reason you're obsessed with me doing what a fan does: backing my team.

Go troll someone else.

You are on my ignore list. Guess I'm too weak and check out whether you're still obsessing about me

Good job. Continue trolling.

13. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Over half of UEFA teams failed to qualify from the group stage yet you want to give them more slots...

CONMEBOL 5/6 - 83%
    CONCACAF 3/4 - 75%
    UEFA 6/13 - 46%
    CAF 2/5 - 40%
    AFC + OFC 0/4 - 0%

If you want to argue additional slots for a confed than the entire confed needs to perform above average, not just select teams. And the two confeds that performed above average were CONCACAF and CONMEBOL. If anything UEFA should lose slots based on 2014.

Pure and simple logic. Something that is beyond your intelectual capabilities.

14. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    [​IMG]

I'll repeat: Do you agree Mali had a legit goal dissallowed? Do you agree Spain still deserved to win? If you have two YES answers than we are on the same page and you spent two entire pages obsessing about nothing.

15. Nico777

Nico777 Member+

Olympique de marseille
    Croatia
    Oct 19, 2017
    Yes Mr Einstein it is very smart to think that a confederation that got only one team that finished at the bottom of a group from 13 teams should lose 6 spots :D
    You are a genius!

16. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Just saw its between India and Kenya.

I always wondered why countries so football crazy and with such populations like India, Indonesia or even China do so badly in football... Can't find the logic behind that.

17. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    #267 zahzah, Oct 26, 2017
    Its not an exact science. But if we were to allocate slots according to performance then CONCACAF and CONMEBOL should gain slots, UEFA and AFC should lose slots and CAF should keep the slots they had. Despite winning the event UEFA did nothing to justify the excess numbers of slots they already have.

Confeds slots should logically be based not of the best performers, but the average performance of a confed. And UEFA's was below average.

Your argument that UEFA should somehow gain slots on the basis of 2014 is hilariously laughable.

Its sound and logical that based on performance UEFA has too many slots.

18. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Well, India is fairly easy to explain - they're more into cricket.

The Chinese love football, but I wonder if its seen more as a spectator sport over there. Do they actually play as kids in large numbers? Not sure, just asking...

19. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Sure, they are more into cricket. But with a population of 1,2 billion you would think they could put together one decent team...

Not sure this is still relevant but apparently the ISL is the fourth most watched footballing league in the world:
    https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/dec/23/india-super-league-fourth-biggest-league

p.s. Ignoring the above trolls. They lost the argument and they know it.

20. Nico777

Nico777 Member+

Olympique de marseille
    Croatia
    Oct 19, 2017
    #270 Nico777, Oct 26, 2017
    The guys is logical he says. The teams that make the first round interesting and end 3rd of their group don't count. That are regularly in world top 20 don't count in a 32 teams world cup.
    There should be a world cup with 16 weaker teams. Everybody would love to watch that. He is a misunderstood genius.

12 nations in top 24. Only one from 13 in the last 8 and the guy says it would be logical to take them off :)))

Nani_17 repped this.
  21. TheHitman47

TheHitman47 Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    I'm sorry but this comment and a couple of the others on here are bullshit.

UEFA teams have been able to accomplish more because the world cup was built to cater to them from the jump. African teams didn't get into the mix until much later after REAL WORLD PROBLEMS caused by EUROPEANS caused them to rebuild. Still after all of that we show and try not to run the numbers so if you are going to talk about how much UEFA has accomplished please don't forget the massive advantage you have over the rest of the world.

It's also easy for UEFA teams to go through Cycles when they have 50% of the slots to begin with. It's also easy to get better at a tournament when you have more representation as well.

glennaldo_sf and zahzah repped this.
  22. Nico777

Nico777 Member+

Olympique de marseille
    Croatia
    Oct 19, 2017
    #272 Nico777, Oct 26, 2017
    Fifa world ranking
    13 uefa teams in top 20
    19 uefa teams in top 32

13 teams in world cup 2014 in Brazil
    12 in the top 24 in a 32 teams world cup.

Only one from the 13 UEFA teams managed to finish at the bottom of one of the 8 groups.

2 from the 5 caf teams finished at the bottom of their groups.

Cameroon and Ghana.

1 from the 4 concacaf teams finished at the bottom of one group.
    Honduras

4 from the 4 afc teams finished last of their group.
    Japan iran south korea australia.

Only 3 teams in the whole tournament finished with 0 points. Cameroon Australia and Honduras.

In the 2 groups with only one uefa team nome finished last. Greece finished second ahead of ivory coast and japan.
    Croatia finished 3rd ahead of Cameroon. 4-0 by the way.

Only 1/13 uefa teams finished in the 24th /32th range!

It means only one from the 13 teams has been concerned by the 25% weakest range of the world cup 2014. Even not 10%.

Less uefa teams in world cup would mean weakest competition. That's all.

23. TheHitman47

TheHitman47 Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester City FC

How about those UEFA teams try playing games in Sweltering places with bad pitches like Swaziland, DR Congo, Tunisia. Or even better, war torn areas like South Sudan or Egypt a few years back. African Qualifying is a much different beast than UEFA.

At least most UEFA teams have decent pitches and weather that is easy to play in. Also the teams in the bottom of those groups are absolute dog shit. Yet teams like the Netherlands bottle it.

Also if you look at African qualifying you wouldn't know or understand. But hey you a European. I'm gonna laugh when Croatia gets knocked out by Greece when they bottle it.

The other thing too is that how are teams supposed to improve if they don't play in World Cup? Its a ********ing chicken and egg question. Playing teams within the confederation or Friendlies that really don't mean anything doesn't improve the World's game and the World Cup is about the WORLD'S GAME.

UEFA is overrepresented in the World Cup, because they are not the World. If you want more European teams, watch the EUROS. The World Cup is the WORLD CUP, A WORLD EVENT.

zahzah repped this.
  24. Nico777

Nico777 Member+

Olympique de marseille
    Croatia
    Oct 19, 2017
    You think that playing in bosnia hercegovina or in estonia or sweden in winter is an easy thing to do?
    Seems you don't know much about the scandinavian and eastern european countries pitches in cold seasons.

And when the world cup starts the pitches are the same for everybody.

13 uefa teams/32. Only one in the bottom 8 that's all.

I am serbian croatian by origins.
    If Croatia gets knocked by Greece this is life. Greece is not easy to deal with. Japan and Ivory Coast know that already.

At least Croatia went out of a civil war in ex yugoslavia and got already a world cup semi-final in only 20 years of independance.
    After 2 other world cup semi finals under yugoslavian flag.
    And multiple players in the best european clubs.

25. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    #275 zahzah, Oct 26, 2017
    Yawn...
    Still struggling with making a logical argument I see.
    Playing in Estonia and Sweden in winter... But no one ever plays in Estonia or Sweden in winter... No FIFA dates then... The only dates UEFA has close to winter is mid-Autumn and early Spring. And the magical thing with Europe is that if its cold in Sweden or Estonia, it cold in most of Europe as well...

If I were in your shoes I couldn't make a more self-defeating argument even if I tried.

Not to mention global warming is really heating up November and March in the last few years. Rarely get snow then anymore.

Fact remains that in 2014 UEFA teams were worse at qualifying from their group than a coin toss. And BTW you're the one who made the absurd, logic-defying argument that UEFA deserves more slots based on their 2014 World Cup showing. So don't blame me for playing yourself into a corner. You argument is simply indefensible.