FIFA Soccer 2005

Discussion in 'Games' started by Neo¹, Sep 26, 2004.

1. ecuajhony

ecuajhony New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Maryland-Laurel

yes, i really like the way u have to go thru this kind of leagues(2nd divisions) bcause u have to work hard to get the team u want

it add realism to the game

anyway, i didnt have to play a second division league bcause my first league was Brazilian 1ra

2. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

May 23, 2002
    Everywhere
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    i hope this isnt too stupid a question but, i was wondering if it is possible when creating a player to have them with long socks, because when i created myself on the game, it gives the player short socks and i would like to know how to change that or is that something i have to get from the EA store.

also, i noticed beckham and raul look like they are wearing predators, the shoes look exactly like predators and i was wondering how to get that or is that something to be purchased from the EA store as well.

Thanks

3. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    There is no way to change the sock size on a created player.

4. goalhappy27

goalhappy27 New Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Oregon USA
    does anyone hear play online? cuz it is a lot funner then doing career mode or a tourney

5. maturin

maturin Member

Jun 8, 2004
    I find it incredibly irritating that you can't find out if a team is in Europe or not before you sign with them. For example, I started out with Luton Town, won two promotions in two seasons, then signed with Chelsea. I won the Premiership for two successive seasons, and decided I wanted a go on the continent, so I decided to go to Barca, who had just beaten me in the CL final. I arrive at the Barca menu, click on the fixtures, and am stunned to find that they are not in Europe, after having won the CL the season before! I wouldn't have left Chelsea if I had known I wouldn't be able to play in the CL. The fact that a team can win the CL and somehow not be in it the next season should be an embarrassment to EA. They should be more careful about little things like this.

6. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    Well, technically speaking, if a team wins the CL, yet finishes outside of the qualifying places in the league, it is up to the discretion of the countries governing body to decide whether or not to let them in. For example, it's possible that this could happen to Liverpool this year, especially after we steamroll Chelski in the semis:D

I do see your point, that is kind of ridicolous.

7. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Do any of you FIFA guys play WE8. If not, why not?

I'm just curious...

Do you prefer the smell of EA to Konami, what is it?

I've played FIFA and I just can't seem to pick it up again after a few days. Makes me annoyed as hell.

8. maturin

maturin Member

Jun 8, 2004
    As I'm in a bit of a pissy mood, here goes a rant on some other things that really bother me about FIFA 2005 (which, all in all, is still a decent game).

Any time a goal is scored after the 70th minute, Ally McCoist is quite likely to say "that may just be one of the most vital goals he'll score" even if it's a consolation goal in a blowout.

If you're in the top three with 10 games or fewer to play, the announcers will say that you've already clinched the league title about every 5 minutes, even if it's blatantly untrue.

You could have a game between the top two teams in the league and the announcers will go on and on about how it's a mid-table clash and neither side has much chance of winning the championship.

About half of the CPU's goals come straight from a kickoff, with the ball going from center circle to the net without the user ever being able to touch it.

Thierry Henry scores more goals with his head than with his feet.

The midfielders hardly ever push up in the 4-3-3.

Half the time the CBs don't bother to mark up the forwards, and the CMs NEVER mark up the CPU CMs when they make runs into the box.

And worst of all, I absolutely hate it when you get a free kick near the corner flag or 40 yards out and you have to go for goal. What crap.

OK rant over. :rolleyes:

9. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    All true.

In last year's game I noticed that it was:
    a)very easy to score from 20-30 yards out.
    b)impossible to score on a header (excluding corners, which were too easy), as well as it being impossible to get any sort of cross in.
    c)the midfielders camped right on the edge of the penalty box the entire game.

This year, it is the exact opposite. It seems like they over-compensated for everything wrong with last year's game, and took it to the other extreme.

10. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Two words and a letter:

Winning Eleven 8

There, I've said it. Solves all of the above.

Ugh, majority of the reasons you list, is one of the major factors why I can't play it. It doesn't reward skill, it punishes you on luck.

The midfielders hardly ever score on FIFA. That's a joke. :(

I dunno what the guys at EA were smoking when they decided on the AI. Imo, that's last of their major issues. It would appear no1 is;

How can we make some more money?

I can see why many fans are getting pissed off and not putting up with these second-rate games for so long. They can present it well, but its the final implementation of the thing they are actually presenting that worries me. :(

11. goalhappy27

goalhappy27 New Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Oregon USA

wouldn't that be two words and a number?

12. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FIFA Soccer 2005 and Winning Eleven 8 are both really nice games.

-G

13. jammybastard

jammybastard Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Flyoverland
    I've said it before, I'll say it again...

Any and all of present/future EA Soccer titles will suck compared to WE/PES if they don't fix the issue of player control.

Put simply:
    in WE/PES you can directly control your players. You know EXACTLY what is going to happen when you pick up the controller. It's very precise, all you have to do is work out the timing. Plus, you aren't just limited to 3 or 4 moves.

With FIFA it's a guessing game. Always. It's incredibly annoying. Player control is rediculously sluggish, and each player controlled player can do 2-3 moves, while the computer can do 5-6.
    Rediculous.

14. goalhappy27

goalhappy27 New Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Oregon USA
    yeah but theres one thing WE8 doesnt have and a huge part of why i dont buy it...online game play..and thats why i bought fifa 2005

15. revsfan21

revsfan21 New Member

May 20, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    If anyone contemplating about whether or not to buy this game because of the roster, PM me and I will give you the roster and skill level of the players.

16. sukhenkoy

sukhenkoy New Member

Mar 6, 2005
    20,000 shits
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I know that this might be a little off topic about what you guys are talking about now, but I just wanted to tell the people that do not already know that the new players that are created in the game after about the 5th season of the career mode are actually the superstars that retire by the end of like the (3rd, 4th, and 5th) seasons of the game, like Zidane. These created players are found on that same team as the original superstar was on. I will use Zidane to explain this. He retires in career mode at like the end of the 2nd or 3rd season, so in about the 5th season, you will see a very young player show up in Real Madrid with the same stats as Zidane over time( it takes some time for the new player to develop all of his skills). What is actually quite funny is that if you buy these created players, they sometimes actually transfrom into their original players(Zidane for example) and have the same face model, and when the created players receive the ball, the commentators in the game actually call out, "ZIDANE!". Quite interesting stuff. This happens for many really good players from many different teams in fifa.

Just thought i would like to share my new discovery.

17. loublaze

loublaze Member

Jan 20, 2004
    Smyrna, GA, USA

Good for you. I don't mean to sound rude but some of us have known this like forever. Did you just buy the game recently? Those players are called replacements and bear too many similarities to the original players. I like to think of them as clones

18. goalhappy27

goalhappy27 New Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Oregon USA

dont be a jacka$$. i didnt know this and it was funny and interesting to hear

19. maturin

maturin Member

Jun 8, 2004
    Yeah, I just bought a young winger from Man U called Lee Gabbidon, and every time he gets the ball the announcers call him Ryan Giggs. It's quite funny.

20. goalhappy27

goalhappy27 New Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Oregon USA
    so does this mean when you teams offer you people with horrible stats that you should buy them because they will eventually get there stats up?

21. loublaze

loublaze Member

Jan 20, 2004
    Smyrna, GA, USA

LOL. Come on man I wasn't rude be a man for piss sake

22. loublaze

loublaze Member

Jan 20, 2004
    Smyrna, GA, USA
    Not really. It depends which team is offering. If its some third or 2nd div team from wherever most likely those players are rubbish young or not.

23. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004

Ur a Member of my forum right?

Link

24. Ecclesiastes2003

May 30, 2003
    I've only played FIFA 2002, 2004, and 2005. FIFA 2005 is BY FAR the worst of the FIFA games IMO. The only good thing about it is that it has good graphics, updated rosters, the Mexican league, and, unlike FIFA 2004 it lets you play in the rain. The negatives far outweigh the positives, and I to this day remain loyal to my FIFA 2004 game. I've never played Winning Eleven but so far FIFA 2004 is my favorite video game ever.

BTW, in FIFA 2005 what is up with needing to buy night games at the FIFA store? That's bullcrap. Oh well, I've learned my lesson and will rent the next FIFA game before I buy it. Hopefully the next edition of FIFA is completely different from 2005.

25. ronaldinhobr10

Jan 9, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    you serious?
    2004 was by far the worst one ever IMO