FIFA Soccer 2005

Discussion in 'Games' started by Neo¹, Sep 26, 2004.

1. Ricky_DCU

Ricky_DCU New Member

Feb 1, 2001
    Somerville, MA
    I'm in my first season with TSV 1860 Munich in the 2nd Bundesliga. I'm halfway through the season now and in first place. My question is, it seems like it would be impossible to get most of the coaching upgrades at the rate you earn points from wins, etc. Do they give you a lot of extra points at the end of the season for getting promoted or winning cups and leagues? That's the only way I can imagine getting enough points for all those upgrades.

The same goes for budget points- I realize that the better your financial department becomes, the greater your budget will be, but do you also get bonus budget points at the end of a successful season?

Do budget points carry over to the next season?

Do you earn more points by playing a higher difficulty level? (I'm on professional level now).

2. Claws

Claws New Member

May 7, 2003
    Lanjaron
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone know how to perform bicycle kicks or any other "trick" moves for the Xbox version? I seem to only be able to either head the ball on goal or try a volley.

Muchos gracias

3. Qamle

Qamle Member

May 2, 2004
    San Diego
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    It's all about placement of your receiving player. It just does it automatically if the ball is serviced behind your player, as far as I know

4. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    you get no more upgrade points if you win trophies. I figured if I won the ECC or the Prem I would get some more upgrade points thrown my way, but that is not the case. only for wins, and clean sheets. more points for clean sheets, and more for clean sheets against rivals. If you switch teams you get to redistribute all your points, so you can put them all in one part if you want.

I'm at 3.5 stars and got Adu and Robinho to join me at Juve. I won two Scottich Prems, 3 SFA Cups, and 1 ECC with Celtic. Two Prems, 2 FA Cups, 2 ECC with Arsenal and I'm at 3.5 stars. I've got 5 stars in finance and scouting, 4 in fitness, 5 with strikers, 3 in all the other playing fields, and 2 in medical

5. Phee

Phee New Member

Jan 25, 2005
    It seems your chances of scoring are usually related to how tightly marked the player crossing the ball is.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have made sure that when I switch clubs, that the first thing I do is max out the finance, then I work on medical and fitness, then I spread out the remaining on the positions, I have totally passed over the scouting as I can pretty much guess the skill based on the amount of stars they have and their cost.

7. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know this might sound like sour grapes but does anyone else ever feel like the computer will just go into this phase where they'll score on you and you're absolutely helpless to stop them? I swear that sometimes I can predict that they'll score as they're starting their run of attack. It drives me nuts. I am having so much trouble on World Class and I don't think it's because I suck, but because the game is just an **************.

I really hate the controls of the game although I think a lot stems from the controller I'm using. The booklet recommended the Logitech dual action game pad. Have it and I hate it. Other than the feel and layout of a PS2 controller which I love, the analog sticks are placed along in a squarish hole. It makes it near impossible to run a straight line and pisses me off like no other. Plus the tackling system in my opinion sucks. It says press the tackle button and you'll make a tackle. Nope. When you look at the match stats, the computer completely has me out-tackled. That and winning 50/50's or trying to head the ball out of the box for a clearance really drives me nuts too.

Plus do the team upgrades do anything? I've got my goalkeeper on level 2 and yet he still allows the same weird angle goals and drops easy headers. Damn this game frustrates the hell out of me.

8. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004

yes
    there are times they begin stringing passes together and making runs, usualy in last few mins of game and u can do absolutely nothing

also team upgrades do stuff
    they make the peopels peopleints go higher
    e.g i had a 65 keeper...and i got my keeper coach a few levels up and in about a season he was like 74

9. FawcettFan14

FawcettFan14 Member+

Mar 19, 2004
    Colorado
    Could someone who owns FIFA 2005 give me a clear answer on whether or not you can create players/teams, like FIFA 2002? Or at least edit existing rosters to make your own team? I have heard about the feature "create a player", where you can make them look like you and so on, but can you create whole teams of customized players?

Thanks.

-FF14

10. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    technically yes
    you can create a player and put him on a team
    then do the same like 15 times and you will have your team
    but i dont use create a player coz you can make peopel 99 in every stat

11. doctor_j

doctor_j New Member

Aug 3, 2004
    reppin' ETex
    This little editor program should get you sorted:

FIFA 2005 Creation Center

1) Player Database Editor
    - All attributes can be changed
    - Edit player details such as name, date of birth, nationality, weight and height.
    - 'Roll of the dice' allows to randomly draw the attributes

2) Team Database Editor
    - Edit the home ground, name and rivals
    - Change formation and tactics
    - Assign captain and kick takers
    - Drag-n-drop player transfers

3) Import/Export packages
    - Import/Export whole team with or without graphic assets.

4) Kit Importer
    - Replace existing kits
    - Manage kit textures
    - Import front end kits
    - Jersey number fonts browser

5) Team Assets
    Edit every asset that makes a team:
    - Logos, crests (Front End)
    - Logos (In game presentation)
    - Banners, flags (Crowds)
    - Ad boards
    - Change boots and accessories
    - Ball texture

6) Face Importer
    - Custom player faces
    - Import specific face textures
    - Import front end specific faces

7) Audio Importer
    - Change your team's chants. Supports wav, mp3 and asf.
    - Replace the existing music with your own mp3

8) Search facilities
    - Search by Team/Player names
    - Search Players by Nationality
    - Search Players by Preferred Position
    - Search Free Agents
    - Search teams that don't belong to any league

9) Lanuage Selection
    - You can choose to use the Creation Centre 2005 in either English, Italian, Spanish, French or German.

12. loublaze

loublaze Member

Jan 20, 2004
    Smyrna, GA, USA
    Can anyone tell me if general ratngs improve over the years (esp for youth) and do I just have to give these kids more playtime to improve them? Is it worth it buying a 19 yr old with a say 56 skill rating?

13. (TxT)

(TxT) Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    Tampa, FL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They improve as you buy more upgrades, but playing does help too. I bought a 19 year old kid that was rated 60 to use as an early sub, after one year he is now rated 73 but is still a sub.

14. rgrayson

rgrayson New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    You're right playing does help a lot but it also takes time. The coaching upgrades are the quick way to go about it.

15. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    This is for PC right?

16. ecuajhony

ecuajhony New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Maryland-Laurel

unfurtunately, yes ,they should make one similar for the X-box version

17. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When I see the computer go on a run like that, I do everything I can to foul any player near me. This has proven to be effective, however I do get more reds that way.

18. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    On the upper levels, if you're tied or ahead by one it is nearly impossible to keep the computer from scoring. I've scored goals in the 90th minute to tie, only to have them waltz down the field and score automatically.

Also, the midfielders are always detached from the attack, especially central. Whereas in 2004 they all hung out around the penalty box, this year they seem to be glued to the center line, even on "attack" mentality. I'll literally run my midfielder all the way up to the penalty box, pass off to the striker (expecting a give-and-go) and see the midfielder run straight backwards, pisses me off.

19. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I know, what is that all about anyway?? And God forbid that the midfielders go after a loose ball once in a while. I love being on the attack and have the d clear the ball and my halfbacks just stand around waiting for the other team to get the ball first.

20. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

May 23, 2002
    Everywhere
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    i like the game except for the inability to start a season with any club you choose, it has to be a lower level club. that's is B*********, we should be able to play with any club at any level. i have created myself in the game for manunited and i cant effing play as united till i take over some ********** team and even then i cant simulate the matches cos it takes forever, they need to fix that for the 06 game.

21. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    You mean career right? Because you can start a season with any club.

22. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

May 23, 2002
    Everywhere
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    dude, no i did not know that, how do i do that -seriously.
    i have been so pissed off cos i wanted to start and play a season with manunited and i thought i had to do career to do that. please please please tell me what to do to get to season play on the game. (sidenote- i feel quite dumb for not knowing how to do this.)

23. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    You won't be able to play more than a season (but I don't know how much that matters). Just go into tournaments (not create-a-tournament, but the ones where they have the preset tournaments). Then go into the region that has England in it and you should find a tournament labeled "FA Premier League" and it will have all of the teams currently in there and you will just play a season. You won't play cups or anything else, just 38 premier league games.

I personally like the aspect of moving up through the ranks kind of fun. It adds a different challenge to the game.

24. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

May 23, 2002
    Everywhere
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Thanks so much bro,
    i feel so dumb for not figuring it out.
    although it does suck that you can play the season but not play any cup games, oh well. once again thanks guys.

25. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Dude, I can't believe you didn't know this!!! You can also play the FA Cup, Carling Cup, LDV Van Trophy, as well as the league championship and the other divisions below. There's also seasons for Spain(La liga, King's Cup), Italy(Serie A, Coppa Nazionale) and so on for the other countries.

Cheers. :)