FIFA Soccer 12

Discussion in 'Games' started by WhiteStar Warriors, Jul 9, 2011.

1. irishjim78

irishjim78 Member

Jul 25, 2011
    Brick, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That sucks - if you ever get a PS3 look me up and i'll finish the game lol

2. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If they have a good PS3 deal on Black Friday, I'll definitely buy one.

3. Unak78

Unak78 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 17, 2007
    PSG & Enyimba FC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    I'm starting a new season for the first time in months. Anyone want to take bets on how many seasons it takes for me to quit in frustration once the immersion factor is ruined by the fact that no other club seems to be able to develop players but mine.

4. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Hate it.

Some kids are real cry babies. It is like we are playing online against a bunch of 5 year olds.

Always have to wait 45 seconds or so to score the first goal. They give you that allotted time to exit due to lag issues but kids take advantage of it.

I do believe they fixed the issue in Euro 2012 mode though if you are interested in downloading that tournament.

5. Deand21594

Deand21594 Member+

Jan 24, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    is the Euro 2012 add-on any good?

6. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Depends on your definition of "good" and what you are looking for in a game.

I give it an 8 out of 10 cause I like online play against various National Teams. The Uniforms and Stadiums are cool too.

There are some bugs but that is to be expected as a first time release as downloadable content.

7. Deand21594

Deand21594 Member+

Jan 24, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Do you have a seperate online record for euro 2012 or does it get combined with your fifa12 record aswell?

8. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    It is different.

It is set up as its own online tournament. (Sort of like the online world cup in the World Cup 2010 game.)

You are put into a group stage and then advance to the quarters, semis, etc.

9. Deand21594

Deand21594 Member+

Jan 24, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I might download the trial and give it a go...thanks for the reply mate

10. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would download it, but for the price it is ($20), I would expect the qualification process to be in the game. That was a major downer.

11. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Well it is much better than paying $60+ for a game with qualifications like Euro 2008 IMHO.

12. Unak78

Dec 17, 2007
    PSG & Enyimba FC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    I agree that the pricetag is somewhat along the lines of what add-ons generally cost for other games, but it would have been far better if they could have integrated into the existing game's career mode. Perhaps they will in the future.

13. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    The new Euros 2012 is not worth the money imo. I hate how there is no qualifying. You're really just paying $25 for international squads and that new mode which is kind of fun.

14. Unak78

Dec 17, 2007
    PSG & Enyimba FC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    All of which can be created rather easily and satisfactorily now anyway.

15. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well the main reason I purchased FIFA WC 2010 was for the USMNT, so without them, I won't be buying the game. Although, I could play with my 'heritage' teams.

16. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I already played a 2012 World Cup, which by the way the US won, Clint Dempsey with just shy of a dozen goals.

soccersubjectively repped this.
  17. Unak78

Dec 17, 2007
    PSG & Enyimba FC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    What difficulty was that on?

18. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    World Class

or whatever they call the 2nd highest one. I gave up the top difficulty when during a career mode with Arsenal I finished in the bottom 10.

19. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    get the sack? When I first got fifa 12 and I was getting used to the controls I refused to go down a difficulty. I played with Villa on manager mode and finished 7th with a cup win so I got Europa league and Lerner sacked me. They told me a middle of the pack finish would suffice. I was so confused.

20. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think I finished the season. I literally broke the case of the game and the actual disc and Xbox were under mortal threat.

Unak78 and soccersubjectively repped this.
  21. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Haha felt the same way when I first got fifa 12. I was an avid fifa player prior to fifa 12 and I was pretty decent at it. This game though just completely changed the gameplay. It took a while but I like fifa 12 now.

22. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like it too, but the beginning was incredibly frustrating. Even when I thought I'd figured out the defending, some idiotic thing would happen and my guy would go flying off into nowhere and peter Crouch would tip toe through the entire team. The point where I quit was after I beat Ajax 5-1 in the Europa league and was winning 2-0 in the second half and Ajax won that game 7-2 to send me out. :mad:

23. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Peter Crouch is so unfairly good in this game. I play some guy online who was playing with Stoke against me who was using Villa. He playing a 4-3-3 with Crouch at LW and I was like okay that won't work. Quickly I found out his plan. He'd sprint down the right side then cross it deep to crouch who would easily out jump my RB and he was scoring on nearly every cross. At half I decided to put Collins my 6'5" CB at RB which he countered by then crossing to Jones who is also extremely tall and he continued to score that way. I couldn't do a thing.

24. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can understand Eden Dzeko and Peter Crouch destroying my guys in the air, but what pissed me off was watching Crouch play like twinkle toes Leo Messi and just break four of my defenders ankles on the way to walking the ball in the net on the highest difficulty.

25. MilesW

MilesW Member+

Aug 26, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe I just suck at this game, but I feel like I always have about 6 or so more fouls than the other team every game. Another thing that bugs me is that if i'm winning a game by 1 or we're tied and the other team gets the ball with 5 minutes or so to go they almost always end up scoring or getting a corner and scoring off that.