FIFA: Re-run of 2022 World Cup vote a possibility

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by LiverAndPineapple, May 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. USOutlaw16

USOutlaw16 Member+

Green Bay Voyageurs
    United States
    Jan 22, 2011
    On the Gringo Wall of Shame
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I actually believe that there are countries that part of the world can host the World Cup, and host it well. I just don't think Qatar is one of those countries

2. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Hey, stupid, the Winter Olympics are brought up to compare the lengths that the organizing body went to to bribe the members of the IOC to ensure the games got awarded to them. If you can't see the similarities and/or direct relationships between the IOC and FIFA, then you deserve to continue responding as you have.

3. Wessoman

Wessoman Member+

Sep 26, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, if you want to talk about dimwits..For one thing, I never implied you didn't watch the Asia cup, you stated because I am American that I didn't see it. Not only that, but I actually know enough about football to know when a match is thrown. And, to this day, Japan v. Qatar remains the dirtiest International match I have ever seen. A legitimate Japanese goal disallowed, an incredibly questionable Red Card on a Japanese player, all while Qatar thought Football meant "American Football". I guess if an official attempts to throw the match and for one team but they lose anyways, it's not "Fixed" for you, huh? Well, a classless game from a classless tournament.

And if you ask "Who cares what costs what, it's football we want to see..."...You know who pays those costs? The fans, and the club owners who pay the players because the fans love football. And you know what fans and club owners are saying about Qatar 2022?: NO F**KING WAY. The only people who support Qatar getting the bid are people in the middle east, or FIFA shills who want to be nice as they cash their checks. You do realize that FIFA found the US to be the best place for the Tournament, right? Australia also ranked significantly higher than Qatar.

I say this--2021 Confederations Cup, tournament gets moved to the USA or Australia. Book it.

adi21 repped this.
  4. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    No, the cloud fans will be invented by then. I'll even have a smaller unit in my backyard.

mbar and WrmBrnr repped this.
  5. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    My main issue with Qatar hosting it is they get a free ticket to that world cup. A nation that has never qualified for the world cup now gets to go for free and will likely humiliate themselves. They are taking a spot away from a good nation.

6. papermache16

papermache16 Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not to mention getting in the first pot

7. USOutlaw16

USOutlaw16 Member+

Green Bay Voyageurs
    United States
    Jan 22, 2011
    On the Gringo Wall of Shame
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Teams not in the first pot would be licking their chops hoping to get into their group

8. Wessoman

Wessoman Member+

Sep 26, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whatever man. I will be riding on my air conditioned unicorn that poops rainbows, all thanks to Qatari football technology.

COMtnGuy, Justin Z and cleansheetbsc repped this.
  9. Marko72

Marko72 Member+

Aug 30, 2005
    New York
    They have plenty of time to hire a coach like Bielsa and naturalize a bunch of Brazilians and maybe the odd African. They won't be one of the better teams in the tournament, but they'll be fine.

WrmBrnr repped this.
  10. MLSFan123

MLSFan123 Member+

Mar 21, 2011
    Boston Area
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Qatar don't qualify in 2018, will they be the first host ever to get in with out qualifying on their own?(at least when real qualification happened after the war).

11. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    But whats the problem here? Is it a Qatar aren't suitable to host or Qatar football team shouldn't be playing at the highest level?

12. Marko72

Marko72 Member+

Aug 30, 2005
    New York
    Well both the United States and South Africa managed to qualify on their own for a prior tournament before hosting it, so I'd think "yes."

Nevertheless, I can live with one spot out of 32 in one World Cup going to somebody who has never "earned it." That's not really my issue. My issue is that because of the unsuitability of Qatar to host the event, this is bound to be a really crappy, boring World Cup, one that could push the relationship between FIFA and the big leagues of Europe to the brink, all for the vanity of the royal family of some little emirate with a very poor human rights record.

TroyandAbed repped this.
  13. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    What? Like years ago now Japan was a laughing stock, look at them now. USA was a laughing stock at football. Qatar want to play football, why not give them an opportunity to grow?

Japan had it and took it. If China or India was hosting I don't think anyone would give a hoots about past performance.

14. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Weird thing. Everyone who doesn't live in Europe is worried about the European leagues. Everyone who lives in Europe couldn't give a monkeys, they know they will survive.

15. Marko72

Marko72 Member+

Aug 30, 2005
    New York
    Of course the (big) European leagues will survive. The big Euro leagues and the Champions League are where the lion's share of the money in this sport lies.

16. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    I'm English, I don't live in the middle east, i don't work for FIFA, so what you say is just your opinion, just like mine is my opinion.

This is what you need to understand, not everyone is against Qatar 2022, and that includes me who has nothing to do with the organising commitee, I would be against USA 2022 though!! That's my opinion. Why host in USA and run the risk of getting shot, not likely in Doha.

17. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    So no problem with winter word cup then

18. Marko72

Marko72 Member+

Aug 30, 2005
    New York
    There's a big problem with a winter World Cup. Lots of big problems with a winter World Cup, in fact.

I take it that you're the token dude who thinks that Qatar should have this. Noted. Your business, I guess.

Editor In Chimp repped this.
  19. Editor In Chimp

Editor In Chimp Member+

Sep 7, 2008

Yes.

20. Marko72

Marko72 Member+

Aug 30, 2005
    New York
    Ohhhh, now I get it. Like I said, your business...

(And I recommend very, very strongly that you avoid the next WC in Brazil. And 2018 in Russia.)

cleansheetbsc and WrmBrnr repped this.
  21. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    which one monkey?

22. Editor In Chimp

Editor In Chimp Member+

Sep 7, 2008

But why male models?

JC507 and TroyandAbed repped this.
  23. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Yes sheep, got your hidden comment there pal.

24. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    In what footballing aspect is this comment for monkey?

25. Marko72

Marko72 Member+

Aug 30, 2005
    New York
    I :inlove: trolls.

COMtnGuy and cleansheetbsc repped this.