Fifa Ranking-2016

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by AIL1998, Jan 8, 2016.

1. BUDOKAN

BUDOKAN Member

May 31, 2006
    Tokyo
    Club:
    Yokohama F Marinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I hope it. :D:D:D

+PL+ repped this.
  2. Nurafshon

Nurafshon Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Germany
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    So we will be in POT 3 regardles of UAE-SAU match result if we win our both matches. Probably, we will be in one POT with one of these teams.

3. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    #53 Valkyrie, Mar 3, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
    God damn it... If Australia wins its both matches it will have 604 pts and be seeded with Iran... If the saudis win both matches they will have 634 pts and be seeded in pot 1 with Iran... :ROFLMAO:

My prediction: Group 1: Iran, Australia, Japan, Uzbekistan, (random arab team)
    Group 2: saudi, Korea, u.a.e., (2more arab teams)

Looks good for the Koreans. lol.

But seriously, they might as well put Korea in group 1. The shameless sods that they are in arab Football Federation.

4. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I welcome a group with Iran, South Korea, Japan and Australia and some other random teams. Next group will be Uzbekistan, KSA, UAE, Qatar, ...

Imagine the level of competition in our group. I would love every single match, if that happen. In second group Uzbekistan will be beheaded for the sake of under achievers.

Diego Aguirre repped this.
  5. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    That's a good point actually. The top two teams that come out of that group could both potentially do very well in the WC as we often don't get the opportunity to get quality opposition. Not to mention the 3rd team in that group would also qualify for the WC via the play offs slot and through CONCACAF.

The only problem would be the 2 embarrassing arab teams going to WC and dropping its overall quality and the prestige of the tournament to immeasurable depths.

6. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My last comment about Fifa ranking was not accurate because at that time I did not have time to enter all possible results for March matches in the Fifa website and calculate the amount of points all teams may have after March matches.

Here is a very accurate comment about this situation which I copied and pasted from another website:

According to the FIFA ranking calculator Australia will have 601 points, if they win both matches and will surely be ahead of Japan (max. 577 points) and Korea (max. 596 points), even if both win their games. Saudi could even become 2nd Asian team with 631 points if they win both games.

We could have three possible scenarios

Saudi-UAE ends in draw. All other teams win.
    1. Iran (672 points)
    2. Australia (601 points)
    3. South Korea (596 points)
    4. Japan (577 points)
    5. Saudi Arabia (559 points)
    6. Uzbekistan (549 points)
    7. UAE (510-521 points)
    8. Qatar (477 points)

Saudi beats UAE. All other teams win
    1. Iran (672 points)
    2. Saudi Arabia (631 points)
    3. Australia (601 points)
    4. South Korea (596 points)
    5. Japan (577 points)
    7. UAE (486-496 points)

UAE beats Saudi. All other teams win.
    1. Iran (672 points)
    2. Australia (601 points)
    3. South Korea (596 points)
    4. Japan (577 points)
    5. UAE (560-571 points)
    7. Saudi Arabia (523 points)
    8. Qatar (471 points)

Nurafshon repped this.
  7. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Australia should at least lose or draw one match, so we can have them for next round. Please make that happen.

8. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That will be the case if Uae does not lose its home game against Saudi Arabia. To be honest, I prefer to have Australia in our pot instead of Saudi arabia. I hope we get the easier group this time unlike last campaigns.

9. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I prefer to have Australia in our pot instead of Saudi arabia.

10. Nurafshon

Nurafshon Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Germany
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    Go Saudi Arabia:D

11. Parisian75

Parisian75 Member

Mar 13, 2015
    I don't think Korea will have 596 points in April 12. They will win Lebanon but Kuwait won't be able to play against them.
    Myanmar - Kuwait was scheduled for 17 november. Only on january 13, fifa awarded 3-0 for Myanmar...
    So fifa will have 3 weeks to award them a 3-0 win... But will it be enough?
    Or fifa can also say the game was declared null and void so it won't be counted.

Korea have now 566 points.. So the question is to know how much points they will get for a victory over Lebanon.

12. Diego Aguirre

Diego Aguirre Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Tashkent
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    I've been cheering for Saudi NT from my early childhood))

Parisian75 repped this.
  13. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Then you might love them playing against Uzbekistan next round. I wish you a group full of dear PGCC Arab neighbors. Welcome to bed soccer.:D:p

14. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    That's why I don't want Australia to be in pot 1 as a seed. It's been far too long since the last time we've shed some aussie tears. :sneaky:

15. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #65 AIL1998, Mar 5, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
    Qualification to the WC is more important than playing against Australia. For smooth world cup passage, it is better to have Australia in pot 1 with us now. I am not afraid of Australia and I think we can finish above them but it is better to avoid them for smooth Russia passage.

16. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Give me a group without bedsoccer so having Australia guarantees less drama in next round.

My point:
    Not qualifying in hands of better teams in fair matches with much excitement is a lot better to deal with BS drama and absolute garbage referee calls and not be allowed to advance by anti football.

17. almango

almango Member+

Sydney FC
    Australia
    Nov 29, 2004
    Bulli, Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    We culd have met in a couple of Asian Cups but you keep lettng other teams knock you out.

Kurdii110 repped this.
  18. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When you created "Which teams do you wish to face in third round of WCQs next year" thread I said it is still too early to talk about it. I remember that I strongly wanted Korea in the final round of WCQs 2014 group unlike you before final draw because I taught having them in our group at that time gives us better chance to qualify for WC 2014 instead of having Australia in our group and I was right.

For me, qualifying to the WC is more important than playing against Australia. I wanted to see Australia in WCQs 2018 group if it was guaranteed that we will not get more than 1 team from Australia, Japan, and Korea in our group. After the release of March Fifa ranking and possible scenarios for April Fifa ranking, it is much better to have Australia in pot 1 with us. So It is better to avoid them for smooth WC passage and do not get more than 1 team from Saudi arabia, Uae, and Qatar in our group.

19. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am not afraid of Australia but I hope to see you in seed 1 with us and we avoid each other in the final round of WCQs 2018 :)

20. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    When did you even talk to me for WCQs 2014? I was not even here! Are you dreaming? I am sure we can handle Australia better than Japan. I prefer to have Australia and South Korea in our group rather than having S.Korea and Japan both.

21. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember it was two days before the draw of WCQ 2014 final round. I was wishing for 2 full days to get Korea over Australia in our group, because it was better to get Korea over Australia at that time. I knew Australia is more exciting opponent because we have not played them for a long time but qualification was more important than playing against Australia for me.

I really wanted Australia in our group for final round of WCQ 2018 before the release of March ranking but I prefer to avoid them this time again after careful Analysis of possible Fifa ranking for April. If we get Australia in POT 1 there will be higher chance to not get any death group. I am not afraid of Australia, but it is better to avoid them again for smoother WC passage.

22. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did not say I did. I said unlike you which I should have said unlike some/many fans.

23. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Read your original comment to see you type "you" clearly. anyway...

24. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My answer is the last comment again. Anyway forget it.

25. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I want only one team from Australia, South Korea, and Japan in our group. That will be guaranteed if we get Australia in seed 1 with us.

Why you do not want to get one team from Australia, Japan, Korea in our group instead of having both Australia and Korea in our group?