FIFA Manager 09

Discussion in 'Manager Games' started by cantona94, Nov 23, 2008.

1. cantona94

cantona94 Member

Jul 16, 2000
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone played this yet? How is it this year? How is it compared to FM09?

Thanks!

2. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    Got fed up with it fast. The 3d option is awful so I went back to 2d. After a while clicking on conference/post game comments I wish I could turn it off. It's pointless because it's easy to know which ones cause no trouble.
    The AI seems to be slightly better but not enough for me to keep up with the game. Oh, and the typical bugs are there to make you company too...

Just disappointments in the market lately...only Fallout 3 is entertaining me and it isn't that good as it should be.
    Time for me to explore COD5, Far Cry 2 and Brothers in Arms in december.

3. cantona94

cantona94 Member

Jul 16, 2000
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks! To help you out, the new Call of Duty (World at Arms) isn't very good. Your squadmates are absolutely stupid and it's as if you literally have to win the war yourself. Grenades rain down from all angles constantly. Just not very fun.

Brothers in Arms was great though!

4. kobe911

kobe911 New Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Franck Ribery is the best player in FM 2009 He is better than L.Messi:confused:
    I dont like it...
    Sherman Cardenas
    Stelvio
    Caner Erqin
    Jose Sosa
    Sercen Yildirim
    Marcelo Bravo
    Lulinha
    İbrahima Yattara
    Suazo
    Nikita Andrejev .... good skills

5. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    The FM database is slightly random each time you start a new game, its not going to reflect real life each time or else you would have no use for scouts:)

In my game Kaka is the best.

Sometimes Messi is gonna be world class, sometimes not etc.

Anyway, i started playing FM2009 bout 2 months ago and its pretty addicting, if it wasnt for my stupid laptop that heats up too fast i would be playing now.

6. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is way too addicting. After working all day in front of my computer, I play it too much after work and my eyes are getting tired. :eek:

In two days I have had it, I have played it like every second.

Great game.

I have played Baseball simulations, but this is my first soccer, and it really is an in depth and addicting and fun game.

I play with Russian Premier League and I love having it in it- and in realistically at that.

How fast do you guys play your matches and in which view? Mine is kind of slow and choppy in tv mode, even though I am running it on a new macbook.

7. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    You have FM2009 right?

I play in TV mode because my pc cant handle the 3d matches.
    I always play halfway between normal speed and the fastest only watching the goal scoring chances. Im playing in the Chilean league and its realistic too, even with the youths.

I tried getting into it about a year ago and just couldnt cause it was too hard.
    The only downside is that it has a high learning curve.

Just curious Drake, I wonder how good ur playing cause in 2 days i didnt know how anything worked (Staff, transfers, loans)

And last, I cant anyone to accept a player i want to loan:mad:

8. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have been doing pretty well actually. But I took over as Zenit and had a good start, with money and some highly desired players. The learning curve is steep, but I have played a ton of simulation games- that I kind of applied some of the same principles.

I have actually read the manual a little bit and have had no problems with transfer and getting players I want and selling players I don't want.

I am playing Worldwide Soccer Manager 09, so I guess its the exact same as FM09.

I usually do super fast in 2D mode, and slower for big matches of European matches or something.

I'm still learning though, and the thing about it is there is always something to micromanage a little bit more.

9. Scorpiones

Scorpiones New Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Antalya
    Club:
    Galatasaray SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkey
    Total club manager game play has been manager games the best that unchallenged

10. DogWalker

DogWalker New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dig the game. But wish, I could avoid the actual game altogether. And just see the score/ratings/boxscore.

11. Snoops

Snoops New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Club:
    Portsmouth FC
    What is the point of that 3D anyway?

12. fslmanager

fslmanager New Member

May 14, 2009
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Prefer FM09 over FIFA Manager 09 but it does look a good game.

13. Naui_Ocelotl

Naui_Ocelotl Member

Apr 3, 2008
    What's the difference between the Football Manager series and World Wide Soccer Manager, or are they the same game under different names? :confused: