Pre-match: Fifa 2018 qualifiers :Brazil Vs. Argentina

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Nov 10, 2016.

1. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I look at the two coaches and you see clear differences. Sure, both are Libertadores winners, but the paths are so different. Bauza won the worst Copa Libertadores in history with San Lorenzo. They beat Nacional, not of Uruguay, but of PARAGUAY in the Final on a dodgy Ortigoza penalty. In the semi, they faced BOLIVAR. Two of the worst teams in the history of the competition to make the latter stages. No one in Argentina thought Bauza was a good coach, he just got lucky with an easy draw. He didn't have to face any top Argentine clubs as neither River nor Boca were not playing the Copa that year.

Meanwhile, Tite not only won the Libertadores by beating Boca in the Final, but beating both Vasco and Santos- with Neymar no less- on the path to the Final. Everyone, and I mean everyone, knew Tite was the best coach in Brasil and in South America. A similar thing happened with Marcelo Gallardo, the coach of my club, who eliminated Boca twice in six months, and gave Cruzeiro a 3-0 ass beating, the worst defeat a Brazilian club every received from an Argentine club in the history of the Copa, the destroyed Tigres 3-0 in the Final, a team paying higher wages than most European clubs funded by the biggest cement company in the world. And they didn't manage a shot on target in 180 minutes

Yet instead, the AFA went with a complete disastrous coach in Bauza. (BTW, I am glad, Gallardo is fine where he is)

They are far more incompetent than the CBF in more than just appointing a coach. Remember, we have a 30 (yes, 30!) team top flight right now due to corruption and meddling form politicians who wanted to make the tournament more "federal" we need a top flight with 20 teams, bottom 4 go down, top 5 to Libertadores. If you have a proper league structure, the rest takes care of itself.

2. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The other thing is Argentina has a LIST of good coaches to choose from and they constantly pick outside that list. Brazil really only had Tite if it wanted to improve. There is maybe another coach or two that I personally believe could be good for the Seleção, but that's nothing in comparison to the potential choices Argentina has and the resumes those coaches have.

passat1976, illusion, jaimito11 and 2 others repped this.
  3. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Messi played like crap yesterday, man up for once and admit he is not anywhere near the savior for Argentina. "Messi loves the game so much" LOL, you sound like a teenage girl with her first crush :speechless:

The choice is clear if it's one of these two options: keep this current team with Messi or revamp it completely even leaving Messi out.

4. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It's a simple choice, Messi stays. But Higuain should not start again No matter how well he does at club level. Dybala should be the main striker and Icardi the first striking option of the bench. Romero has to go, so to the invisible man who apparently played in midfield against Brazil. And as much as I love him and always will it's got the stage where the mighty Masch should not be a regular starter either.

5. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    When we say we have no midfield, literally, we have no midfield.

[​IMG]

cigar_city, afar and Burr repped this.
  6. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Says a girl who think Tevez is Argentina savior.

7. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Its no surprise the forwards has never been set up with a good pass to score. They all need to track back instead. Baring Messi's winner against Uruguay, this shit happened in every minutes under Bauza.

afar repped this.
  8. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    Truth is, mascherano is more of an advanced defender than a midfielder. Not holding it against him but he needs to be paired with the right players to compensate. Perez was the only one contributing in midfield and he is taken instead of that dead weight biglia.

Should be banega-masch-perez.

Zabaleta is so useless and harmless even when he gets the ball in advanced position he just passes it back. No crossing no penetration nothing. he looks like a terminal patient and he plays like one.

cigar_city repped this.
  9. Sandinista

Sandinista Member+

Apr 11, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    Racing Club de Avellaneda
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Higuaín, Agüero, Di María, Mascherano, Zabaleta, Biglia, Lavezzi... and I may be forgetting someone.

Thanks for your services, you're no longer needed, have a nice life and career.

afar repped this.
  10. pipinogol

pipinogol Member+

May 20, 2016
    Club:
    Cary RailHawks U23
    Simeone, Bielsa and Sampaoli were offered the NT before Bauza but they all rejected it.

11. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    There are more coaches than that and Bauza is not even the fourth option.

afar repped this.
  12. Sandinista

Sandinista Member+

Apr 11, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    Racing Club de Avellaneda
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Simeone rejected it, Bielsa wasn't offered the job, and AFA wasn't willing to pay Sevilla Sampaoli's exit clause.

13. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

14. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  15. passat1976

passat1976 Member+

Oct 19, 2007
    USA
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Fantino es un FANFARRON (show off)... No digo mas.. Este tipo le hace mas daño al futbol argentino.. Saludos muchachos

16. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Bielsa would kick out star players like Higuain, Aguero, Di Maria etc. all players who lack aggression. This is what
    Pochettino has to say about Bielsa as he experienced tough love as a player:

He recalled, on Friday, when his childhood idol Macelo Bielsa took over as manager at Espanyol and he had been voted the season before by Spanish newspaper Mundo Deportivo as the best centre-back in La Liga.

On his first day Bielsa asked Pochettino how he rated the previous season out of 10. Pochettino was thinking nine or 10 but was eager to appear humble so said maybe a seven or an eight.

‘You were s***,’ Bielsa said to him, ‘if you perform like this then you cannot play for me and you cannot play in the nation team.’

Pochettino drove back to his home crying that evening. 'Do you know after that time I recognised it was true. I was shit, yes. And then I played in the World Cup, got a big offer from Paris Saint-Germain to buy me and changed my life."

The problem AFA won't allow it. They need to sell more tickets and needs losers like Higuain!

Pipiolo repped this.
  17. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Deportivo Independiente Miraflores
    Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    If this happens it will be the first time ever Pele would be right :D

Leon12 repped this.
  18. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    This is a rare occasion I agree with an argentino. :D

19. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Things can be revered , we do have talents like dybala,correa,pardes,icardi,lanzini who can replace our old bums

20. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    They arent exactly old, they're suppose to be in their prime age of footballer. I guess they're all have been too rich and too successfull in their respective clubs, national team is secondary thing for them. Look at how Higuain and Kun play for NT for intense... They doesnt seems to care at all.

The big question is, if we beat Colombia and somehow ended this round #3 on the table, will Bauza started to call up new name or then he'd think he's done everything right?