FIFA 2011 game

Discussion in 'Games' started by SportsGuru, Jul 30, 2010.

1. MagnumCT

MagnumCT New Member

May 3, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    I only slide when it doesn't matter or I'm trying to get VP accomplishments. I was surprised and ultimately satisfied with the switch from 10 to 11 wherein you can get booked for standing tackles. If it ever happened in 10 I must have been very lucky to never see it.

2. MagnumCT

MagnumCT New Member

May 3, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Breaking News: The D.C. De Jongs reign of terror is at an end. One season after they seemingly broke the game by signing Korean striker Kim Shin Wook, who, at 6'5", is a header machine (his other position, oddly, is CB, making him one of the best tacklers on the team), they have been themselves De Jong'd by editing their formation outside of their Career Mode, dooming themselves to a terrible game bug. Innocent victims of fate or heinous villains hoisted by their own petard? That is for you to decide.

Bug aside, if you play a lesser team, Wook is 65 OVR and hence pretty inexpensive. Considerable height and good tackling (at least for a lower level team) make a fun combination, and he makes up for the possible cheapness of his headed goals by being a less agile Peter Crouch. Added bonus, "Wook" is really fun to say, as in, "Come on Wook!" (upon not scoring) and "WOOOOOOOK!" (upon scoring)

3. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did your players just blank out and turn into unnamed goalkeepers or something like that?

4. MagnumCT

MagnumCT New Member

May 3, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Indeed they did. I could have played 7 on 11 for the rest of my career, but that wasn't working so well.

5. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mine did the same thing in only the second season

6. flameofrecca

flameofrecca Red Card

May 24, 2011
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    hello there... im a newbie here.. can anyone update me about FIFA 2011? i'm a little lost here.. :D
    Thanks for the help.... :)

7. MagnumCT

MagnumCT New Member

May 3, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    What would you like to know?

8. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    It's fun. You should buy a copy.

9. HouseHead78

HouseHead78 Member+

Oct 17, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And spend your first dozen or so games playing keepaway against the computer, not worrying about the score.

10. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Also unless they are legitimately your favorite club and you are completely obsessed and refuse to pick anybody else, don't just pick Chelsea, Man U, Barca or Madrid everytime you play online.

I play with Ajax and actually win my fair share of matches regardless of who I play and I'm in the mid 20's level. It's just more fun for me and I actually get some really cool matchups against people who also like to play with other clubs.

11. MagnumCT

MagnumCT New Member

May 3, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    I'll actually no longer play against Real Madrid. I can only hope to tie them at best.

12. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Playing with Ajax I beat someone playing as Barca 2-0 just a couple days ago, then tied somebody playing as Madrid. He actually ended the game as a draw, wouldn't go into extra time with me which was quite disappointing and lame considering that all of his players have way better stamina than mine.

13. RaveGreen

RaveGreen Member

Seattle Sounders FC
    Apr 6, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Tell me about it. I hate that stuff and I play with a lesser rated team than Ajax most of the time, Seattle Sounders FC.

14. Inter4Life5

Inter4Life5 Member

Jul 16, 2008
    nyc
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i gave up on this game for about a month and a half, got back on it last night, played with real madrid vs. arsenal losing 2-0 in 10 minutes. came back and won in the last 10 min, 5-2.

15. bennyboy9201

bennyboy9201 New Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    How much can you snag this game for now days?

16. MilesW

MilesW Member+

Aug 26, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was on my 3rd Season with Arsenal- Won the community shield and Premier league the first season. CS, Premier league, and Champions Cup my 2nd and then because of all the cup games the 3rd season I was in 5th place in october and they fired me. What the shit.

17. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably used for pretty cheap at one of those mall game shops. It won't drop for a new copy until FIFA 12 comes out.

18. sundanse777

sundanse777 New Member

May 30, 2011
    Scarborough
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    On the topic of FIFA 2011, just wanted to let my fellow gamers know that on on June 18th, 2011, at the McGregor Park Community Centre, ScarboroughLC will be presenting "From Scarborough To Sendai". A day of fun and fundraising which will offer a 32 team FIFA 11 tournament to be fought out on 4 PS3 consoles with the final match to be projected onto a massive screen for all to enjoy. After the final game, the champion will receive his trophy and Blackberry Torch 9800 cellphone as well as other prizes. Registration for the competition is still open and info can be found at scarboroughlc.ca.

19. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010
    I would love to compete for money or prizes , any tournaments around the north eastern part of the U.S. ???

20. sundanse777

sundanse777 New Member

May 30, 2011
    Scarborough
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I haven't heard of any in North America other than the one mentioned.

21. RaveGreen

RaveGreen Member

Seattle Sounders FC
    Apr 6, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I'm pretty proud of this:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWv4fHXbiFg"]YouTube - ‪FIFA 11 Seattle Sounders FC @ FC Barcelona‬‏[/ame]

22. martijs1

martijs1 New Member

Sep 27, 2010
    Latvia
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
  23. maxman111

maxman111 New Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    I agree .. Nice idea ^^

24. JustinMayhugh

JustinMayhugh New Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Love FIFA 12 for the most part. But I think it's slightly annoying that every time the CPU crosses the ball into the box they score.

25. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    you must really suck cause that never happens to me