FIFA 2011 game

Discussion in 'Games' started by SportsGuru, Jul 30, 2010.

1. moqool

moqool Member

Dec 19, 2006
    I think its time all future FIFA games, and not just the world cup games, begin to have more diversity in the national teams selection list. Countries in the Middle East, as well as middle eastern clubs, deserve their own presence in future FIFA games.

2. Sounder

Sounder Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How exactly will that make EA more money?

3. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly, EA sports has never been about giving fair representation to footballing nations. It's about money making. That's why you see the Czech and Polish leagues in the game, while the Ukrainian and Russian leagues have been or had been left out, despite being significantly stronger. The reason is simply that Ukrainians and Russians don't spend money on video games.

4. Sounder

Sounder Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or the Ukrainian and Russian League think they can charge absurd royalties. On a side note the J-League needs to get out of their PES exclusive license.

5. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can somebody please tell me how to make my strikers make inside runs across the defender instead of running to the corner flag every single time.

I've tried to edit the tactics and have them directed inside, but they can't stop running to the corner flag. :mad:

6. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I have to vent here.

Some of the guys I play online play so cowardly.

I mean I can understand bunkering and countering if you had a crappy team but doing that with teams like Barca or Chelsea just does not make sense.

Plus why is it guys run away like litle girls when I propose a rematch. Just does not make sense.

7. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I figure this thread is as good any to vent lol.

8. RawDog88

RawDog88 Member

May 2, 2006
    that's how it is with anything online.

for call of duty, they hide in the corner for hours and then snipe u like a bitch.

9. SeaOtter

SeaOtter Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Um, it's a war game w/ sniper rifles. Why would you not expect for players to act like snipers? Poor comparison. Now bailing on a "session" because you get killed 5 times for every kill you get is bad form.

10. HouseHead78

HouseHead78 Member+

Oct 17, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not cheap if it's within the rules. My position is, if you don't like it, figure out how to beat it! Soccer teams have been complaining about this since the dawn of time, falls on deaf ears with me.

11. tronx

tronx New Member

May 12, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You learn something new everyday! Who would have thought that there are clubs in the Middle East. Maybe if the clubs throw enough money at EA like the host of the 2022 World Cup, maybe they can get on board. Even better yet, they can have their own video game: FIFA 2011 "The Middle East Edition"

12. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd rather they get more European leagues, but I'm not biased or anything.

But I'd still have a long list of leagues I'd want to see before Middle Eastern Clubs. I have little interest in some Qatari semi pro team.

But I'd love if EA could get the rights to the Argentine league, Japan, Chile, maybe through in a fake little Club World cup.

13. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--

I agree with you for the most part which is why I continue playing against the morons (And find ways to beat them)...

...but...

...I think it is stupid to play a totally different style online than the style that team plays in real life. I have no problems with the tactics themselves, there is just a time and a place to use it that is proper and realistic.

That said, I love playing against these one trick ponies when I figure out their style & get a rematch against them cause when I find ways to score goals first I just keep the ball away from them Barca style and waste time. :D

(Since all they know how to do is counter attacks they usually get frustrated and exit the game cause I never cross the midfield point.)

14. ttujosh

ttujosh Member

Mar 9, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    Anyone else on the 360 run into issues lately with accessing the EA server? It seems more times than not over the last few weeks, I can't play games online due to the server being unavailable.

15. Inter4Life5

Inter4Life5 Member

Jul 16, 2008
    nyc
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i got into the top 100 on xbox last month, then i started playing ultimate team

16. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I keep trying to play the Be A Pro version of the game, and everytime the result is the same, me screaming at my television. Hopefully I've finally learned to give up.

17. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland

I've never tried it.

I only play either a friend or online against random people. Although it does get a bit boring at times constantly playing against Barcelona's and Real Madrid's.

18. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I played the online version of Be A Pro several times, but it's a disaster, with people doing stupid stuff like trying to dribble through everybody with the goalkeeper.

I don't really like playing online, unless it's against my friends, so most of my time is spent offline.

19. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    I'm spending most of my time in manager mode these days with the occasional 1v1 online match.

I've discovered I can't play manager mode with Ajax. Even though I can afford to upgrade the squad significantly I can never get myself to do it out of loyalty to the current squad :)

20. Sussex lad

Sussex lad Member

Apr 18, 2011
    brighton
    Club:
    Brighton & Hove Albion FC
    I've done loads of manager modes and have found it easy until my last one. I'm playing as new York red bulls and don't know who to sign, I want a cm and 2 full backs and another forward. I also play pro clubs and my teams currently ranked 104th in the gb league. Pm me if your interested in a pro clubs match, I'm on 360.

21. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL

That is too funny. I completely butchered the Newcastle United squad. Sold just about every single player. Probably wouldn't work in real life, but in the game it was good.

22. fifaking22

fifaking22 New Member

May 4, 2011
    Club:
    Middlesbrough FC
    edfefdvoekmve

23. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Yeah it's a conflict of interest unfortunately. F*** Mounir El Hamdaoui though. I'll replace him everytime that selfish bastard ;)

24. MagnumCT

MagnumCT New Member

May 3, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    They're going to have to rename my team the D.C. De Jongs the way I've been De Jonging people this Career Mode. I don't even slide much at all, but bodies keep getting hauled off.

1 person likes this.
  25. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I never slide. It's like a 50% yellow card whenever I try to slide.