News: FIFA 2010 World Cup Qualifications (Asia): Jordan is back with a Point from South Korea

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Rani84Jor, May 31, 2008.

1. Rani84Jor

Rani84Jor New Member

Mar 11, 2008
    FIFA 2010 World Cup Qualifications (Asia):
    Jordan is back with a Point from South Korea

In FIFA 2010 World Cup, Asia Qualifications, Jordan National Team made a great effort at the end of the game against South Korea there in Seoul, to strike back in the game, with a 2-2 final result.

South Korea scored one goal in the first half, and another one at the beginning of the second half by a weird decision of a penalty kick as a result of some foul occurring out of the box! scored by their great player "Park Ji-sung" playing in Manchester United.

But Jordan made it right and got back to the game with two goals in the last 15min of the game, to win one important point supporting the Jordan National Team to qualify to the second level of the World Cup Qualifications!

Goals and Game Videos

Rani

2. Golazo!!

Golazo!! Red Card

Jul 1, 2007
    Don't get too excited. ;)

lol and the penalty was scored by Park Chu Young, who plays in the K-League

3. TechFootball85

TechFootball85 New Member

May 1, 2007
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It was an embarrassing moral loss for Korea Republic :mad:

4. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

props to the Jordan side for pulling an upset, even if it was a draw.

5. Syriaman

Syriaman Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Stuttgart,Aleppo
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Syria

Congrats Jordan a lot.:)

6. Rani84Jor

Rani84Jor New Member

Mar 11, 2008
    it wasn't a great game for Jordan, thats why we are happy we got one point from Korea in their pitch! we played for 15min only and scored 2 goals!

we will win South Korea here in Amman - Jordan next Saturday :)

good luck :)

7. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
  8. bobjones2

bobjones2 Member

Jun 5, 2006
    man, i was so pissed off seeing my team tie. but i have to say, it's really flattering when i see opposition players praying for thanks when the game ends in a tie.

i have no idea what will happen when we play in jordan. on paper, Korea is better. But we lose home advantage and in the first leg, jordan showed paper strength is just paper strength.

There is also the chance that my team will continue to tool around with tactics/strategies and become more disorganized...

The good news for my team is, this time we won't be mentally retarded when we are up. Traditionally, my team is mentally strong trailing so...

we'll see... I can't offer "good luck" to the jordanian posters since... hey... it's a zero-sum-game~~~ So bad luck to you~~~ :)

9. Rani84Jor

Rani84Jor New Member

Mar 11, 2008
    lol ok no worries man,
    do u remember how Japan suffered playing against us in Asia Cup and won us in penalty kicks after a dramatic penalty kicks that almost never happened in history?!

well, still 4 days to go, hope Jordan will win South Korea here in Amman,
    good luck for both of us to qualify to the next round as we Jordan and South Korea are the best in this group, right?!
    Rani

10. bijans-redded

bijans-redded Red Card

Jan 18, 2007
    Korea Republic
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    North Korea is the better side.
    Didn't you lose to them at home?

11. Rani84Jor

Rani84Jor New Member

Mar 11, 2008
    yes we did, but not because they are the better side nor they are better than us, it was just their luck which helped them in that game scoring one goal out of half a chance!! we had the worst luck ever to score one goal out of lots of chances! possession was almost 100% for Jordan lol

anyways, North Korea will be also beaten there at there pitch :)

Good Luck all :)

12. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    Hate to break the news but North Korea is a difficult team to beat.

13. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    Yes, you are underestimating North Korea. They won the U19 Asian Championship last year so their youth side is very strong. North Korean Womens team is top 5 in the world right now.

If you look at their Mens senior squad, a majority of players are now playing in top leagues in Eastern Europe, Russia, South Korea and Japan. One particular player, Jong Tese is playing for Kawasaki Frontale in J-league, and he has scored more goals than any other Japanese strikers so far. I think he's scored 6 now.

14. brave_reds-redded

Jul 2, 2007
    Yeah, Chong (Jong) Tese is easily one of the best strikers in Asia.
    Even Shalke 04 staff traveled to Japan to watch his play.
    He will move to Europe sooner or later.

15. Windows Vista

Windows Vista New Member

Feb 24, 2007
    so jordan tieing with korea... what's an upset?

16. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    Lets just all forget Rani84Jor comments as her inexperience in Asian football. :p