Fifa 2009

Discussion in 'Games' started by mcnaulty21, Apr 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcnaulty21

mcnaulty21 Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know it's 6 months or so away, but I wanted to get your thoughts on FIFA '09. What should they add? What should they change?

Some things I'm hoping for
    1) The Argentine league is a really big omission. Maybe the Russian league as well.
    2) Cote d'Ivoire, Egypt in national team mode. Some more licenses would be nice as well.
    3) Being able to combine National and Club sides in tournament mode.
    4) Expanded create-a-club

What are you looking for?

2. ZZZenga

ZZZenga Member

Aug 10, 2006
    CT
    A Career Be-A-Pro mode. I want to be able to talk an existing player or create a player, play a season as them and get transfer offers to bigger clubs, etc.

3. Piratesoccer6

Piratesoccer6 New Member

Aug 2, 2006
    Yeah, I like that too, sort of like what they have on NCAA Football for "Campus Legend"...

I'd also like for National Teams to be added into manager mode...

4. Kevin8833

Kevin8833 Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Estero, FL
    Completely agree with the past 2 of Career Mode for Be A Pro, and managing a national team in manager mode, for the career mode in be a pro not only would it be cool to be able to transfer to bigger clubs, etc. but also get a chance to play for your national team and try to play in a world cup every four years.

5. Henry Porter

Henry Porter Member

Dec 9, 2005
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not going to buy it unless it at least has the career option. If they have the national team call-ups as well, they're guaranteed my $60.

6. dropstar187

dropstar187 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Liverpool
    I want an option that you can just have a penalty shootout without having to tie a game in kickoff. also, i would love to have Israel as a NT option :)

7. WisStateChampion

Oct 26, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this may be copying madden a bit too but maybe going along with creating a team, maybe creating a stadium too and the amount of seats that you are allowed and then you would have to work your way up to a premier league stadium.

8. mcnaulty21

mcnaulty21 Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did like that about WC'06

9. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FIFA Soccer 09 will be the first game of the series since FIFA Soccer 06 which will include the San Jose Earthquakes.

Not coincidentally, it'll also be the first game in the series I'll get since FIFA Soccer 06. ;)

-G

10. mcnaulty21

mcnaulty21 Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man, I hope it is as good as '06 was. Definatly my favorite in the series.

11. shandy_man

shandy_man New Member

Feb 15, 2008
    I like the Career BAP idea ..another thing I wish they would add would be some more older shirts that you could purchase

12. Ben7

Ben7 Member

Jan 14, 2007
    Football Fusion + Next Gen Graphics/Gameplay on PC

13. aztecbolt

aztecbolt New Member

May 1, 2008
    San Diego
    1. manage a national side, (be able to do WCQ, world cup, euro, gold cup, etc.)
    2. quick free kick and throw ins
    3. be able to move wall on freekicks
    4. change freekick and corner kick taker on the spot
    5. call handballs!
    6. two guys on the ball on freekicks
    7. create your own club (stadium, kits)
    8. quick online tournaments
    9. and maybe, a dive button, you either get the call or you get a yellow card, sadly it is part of today's game

14. mcnaulty21

mcnaulty21 Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2) Quick free kicks are in '08
    3) Been available as long as I've been playing I think ('04)
    4) Available this and maybe last edition
    5) Happens a god deal for me
    6) Doable (for a while I think)
    7) Limited create-a-club available the last two editions.

Looks like EA is way ahead of you

15. arthurdent

arthurdent New Member

Nov 21, 1999
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Love the idea of trying to make the national team roster every 4 years.

Other career mode ideas; FIFA Hall of Fame, Become a coach when retired, Work for Charity, Career Stats Online, and season highlight real.

16. Beazley17

Beazley17 Member

Dec 30, 2006
    South Florida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Make the Be A pro online ranked! 08 is nasty, but the online pro, which is what I play all the time, needs to be ranked, and keep track of records.

17. aztecbolt

aztecbolt New Member

May 1, 2008
    San Diego
    how do u do a quick free kick on the ps3?

18. ilbambino

ilbambino Member

Apr 21, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. More National Teams
    2. Practice Mode
    3. More stadiums
    4. Better shooting (the shooting is horrid, they underate the pros)- they need to combine the shooting with the shooting they have in Fifa 07 for the PS2
    5. Improved "RB or R1" shots, goalies miss them too easily
    6. Goalies need to be realistic, their poor judgement can cost many games, making amazing saves and watching a ball go in 6 inches over their head, and with this turning around and watching it go in. Also, goalies never come out on crosses
    7. Defenders fall for moves-although they have fixed this for Euro 2008
    8. Passing meter- (In Euro 2008)
    9. More cleats and jerseys
    10. More realistic running and movement (Euro 2008)
    11. Adapting Weather conditions
    12. Better crowds, with chants and streamers and banners
    13. "Trivela" outside of the foot shot

19. AussieLFCfan

AussieLFCfan Member

Apr 24, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    1) Definately more stadiums i'm sick of playing at generic stadiums....how hard can it be to add a few every year and maintain it?
    2) More Kits!
    3) Be a pro career mode is a must but not a half assed effort. Being able to negotiate your contract being bought or sold, call up for national team, injuries etc.
    4) More realistic injuries...meaning injuries that keep a player out for more than a game.
    5) In career mode you can compete in international tournaments and friendlies etc.
    6) Lots more national teams!

20. leg_breaker

leg_breaker Member

Dec 23, 2005
    I'm not interested in more teams, stadiums, leagues etc, they're just fluff that don't make the game any better. You usually only see Man United and Barca anyway...

I'd rather they fixed the many gameplay issues:

1. Stop your AI teammates running offside, staying offside after taking corners, not making runs when they're supposed to, getting under your feet and dispossessing you, blocking your own passes to someone else and playing the ball to an opposition player in the process etc. etc. etc.

2. More responsive controls, when I press the shoot button, shoot now, don't take five touches then shoot after the goalkeeper has run ten yards to collect the ball. When I press to clear the ball off the line, boot it, don't take three touches so an opposition player can score.

3. Stop taking over control of my player when the ball is loose. Especially when the ball is going out for a goalkick and your player automatically sticks a boot out to make it a corner, or vice versa. Or you want to run to block off a player when he gets the ball, but it forces you to run straight for the ball.

4. Quick free kicks, throw-ins and corners. All you to pick the taker on the fly, make passing from free kicks easier, make free-kicks into the box as dangerous as they are for real, and let you select whether throw-ins are aiming for a player's feet, chest or head.

5. Put more players forwards for a throw-in, usually you have one player to pass to, who has nowhere to go.

6. When you run down the wing and put a cross in, make sure some of your teammates have actually bothered to get into the box.

7. Stop defenders being unable to deal with low crosses.

8. Allow players to move before kickoffs, and don't make players run backwards when the goalkeeper picks up the ball. This fits in with the general theme of not taking over control of the player you're controlling.

9. Stop defenders pulling me back when I'm through on goal.

10. Let players receive the ball on the run, rather than having to stop to control it. When a ball goes over the top, stop players stopping to look up at the ball like a penguin watching a plane.

11. Make replays more short and relevant, if someone puts a header over, you don't need to start the replay from when the ball's just going over the half-way line.

12. We don't need ten seconds of replays and cut-scenes, interspersed with black-screens, after every missed shot.

13. Don't show replays at all if you're just going to allow the other player to skip them. Especially when you've scored an awesome goal.

14. Give automatic passing some common sense, i.e. if two players are in the same general direction, pass to the one in space, not the one who's marked.

15. Make penalties not stupid. Goalkeepers shouldn't shimmy along the goal-line like crabs to catch a shot going for the top corner. Penalty takers should be able to change direction mid-run up, and goal-keepers should be able to dive after the ball's been struck. A bit more time between penalties to add tension wouldn't hurt either.

16. A training mode. So you can practice penalties, free-kicks etc. The arena is nothing like a real game in 08, even the power bars are different.

17. You shouldn't be able to see the opponent's power bars. When playing online, lag shouldn't affect aiming and power of set pieces, that makes no sense at all.

18. Make the online match-making better. You shouldn't have to enter all the details in over and over again every time it can't find you an opponent. You should be able to see an opponent's connection speed before you play them. The away team shouldn't be able to pick a kit which clashes with the home kit. When you create a session, you shouldn't be at home all the time.

19. There's no need for half a dozen different rankings/scores, it's confusing and you don't have a clue how good you or your opponent are.

20. Fix the commentary. Seriously, it's dire. At the very least match the excitement of the voice to the excitement of the play.

21. Shooting is poor, it's almost impossible to hit it hard along the ground, or to 'dink' one over the keeper.

22. Allow the camera to zoom out more so you can see more than ten yards in front of you.

23. It should save teams/tactics/formations between games when playing online.

24. Stop opponents quitting when losing, either with punishments or awarding you the win.

25. Stop opponents skipping the cut-scences showing substitutions and bookings. Sometimes you don't even know you're down to ten men as the red-card scene is missed, and you don't know who they've brought on.

26. There is no need for four pauses in a ten minute game.

27. Show stoppage time.

28. Have an actual referee and linesmen.

29. Stop awarding fouls seemingly at random.

30. Make the menus faster.

21. mcnaulty21

mcnaulty21 Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First thing, I like a lot of your ideas. You really put a lot thought into it.

But this first comment I found a bit off the mark. You only see United or Barce if you play online. For those of us who don't play online, leagues teams and stadiums are what make the game interesting.

22. leg_breaker

leg_breaker Member

Dec 23, 2005
    Well, I only play online, and whilst stadiums and teams are a nice touch, it's the gameplay that counts above everything.

Although it would be much more immersive to have all the stadiums, I'm sick of that damn stadio de los artes or whatever it's called.

23. subcong

subcong New Member

May 6, 2008
    hmmm but i still like PES

24. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Holland with its real players how about that?

25. MLSinHD

MLSinHD Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about a Champions League tournament (both Europe and now North America as well), more stadiums especially MLS ones.