FIFA 2006 is great

Discussion in 'Games' started by kerowack, Oct 6, 2005.

1. bda52

bda52 Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Pittsburgh PA

2. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

i would have to say PS2... no lagging.. no interuptions... no burning up the cd... and you got a controller so ur wrist are not in a ergonomic position.

3. bda52

bda52 Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Pittsburgh PA
    I do have a POS controller for my PC. I really need to get a better one. I do love the feel of the PS2 controller and wish it worked on the PC.

I do not have my PS2 online so I think I might be leaning to the PC just because of online play.

Thank you very much for your input. I might rent it for PS2 before making a final decision to purchase.

4. MLS SupaStr3

MLS SupaStr3 New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    NJ
    if you guys are playing online with your ps2 add me to your friends list.... hungrydave3

5. Chackett

Chackett New Member

Dec 5, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    Ive heard online play for PS2 is super laggy, which is why I recommended the PC version.

6. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    ps2 online is not laggy at all if you have decent internet. only people with dial up or europeans have bad internet... i tend to find europeans with really bad internet there, but if you play an american or canadian you should be fine. also it has 3 bars that tells you how good there connection is as 3 bars being the best 2 bars being their connetion is ok and 1 bar meaning it should be choppy.

7. rabble-rabble

rabble-rabble Member

Jul 26, 2004
    West Jordan, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone out there know what happened to the FIFA 2006 "football community" forums. Seem to be down and has been that way for a few days. Just takes a minute or two then says page not found. :(

Even trying to link directly from FIFA06 home page doesn't work.

8. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    ill play u, im online now.. ill add u... actually when i search for you teres no such user name... make sure ur user is right

9. MLS SupaStr3

MLS SupaStr3 New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    NJ
    hm..what's your user name? i'll add you to my list

10. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i emailed u my user.. add me lets play

11. MLS SupaStr3

MLS SupaStr3 New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    NJ
    ill play you tomorrow, i have to get to sleep now

12. PedroUnited

PedroUnited Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't stop playing this game. I started a career with DC United, after about 2 seasons, the entire starting lineup are young players scouted from Europe with ratings from 75-92. I won the MLS cup the first season, the 2nd season I won the open cup and the MLS cup, 3rd year won the league championship after going practically undefeated but got ousted in the playoffs by the Fire, which brought back bad memories :( Now I'm saving up to upgrade my stadium. I have found the 4-3-3 to be the most effective, scoring 80% of goals on headers that have been crossed in. I will most likely go to Europe after this season for a bigger challenge. overall I think its a great game, although I am not the big gaming type

13. Leon_St_Spurs

Leon_St_Spurs New Member

Jan 26, 2006
    Phila
    I really do love this game. I cant stop playing it and I find the manager mode to be very good. I just have one suggestion, how bout enabling a team to have a youth team with players who you can call up at anytime. There have been several games where i had to forfeit because i didn't have enough players. if you enable a team to have a youth team with players who you can call up right before a game, i think that this problem (my problem) would be neutralized.

14. KesOne

KesOne BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    K, add me right now FARFANYC, I'm going on :D

15. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've had FIFA 06 since the day it came out and still can't get enough, While there are parts of Winnng Eleven that I like I have to say that fifa just barely edged out WE by a hair. I started out taking the Bristol Rovers from Div. 2 and within 3 years I've taken them through to the Championship(going unbeaten in league compitition for a year an a half, and 6 months in all compititions) I'm on the brink of breaking into the Prem. I also beat Bolton the win the Carling Cup. I hope to bring in a few good internation players through the Transfer Market and scouting to my chances of getting into Europe.:D

16. mcfarljd

mcfarljd New Member

Apr 12, 2005
    borrowed this from a buddy of mine for xbox, playing in manager mode... a couple questions... first time i completed a season i spent my $ on improvements within the squad and whatnot in staff, come end of the year cant resign all my players, cant field 18, get fired soon after

this time how much do you keep around in your first year at the end of the season?

and what are the 3 bars under your manager on the career central screen, i think one of them is team chemistry, but dont know why one or any of the others

17. PedroUnited

PedroUnited Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the top one is team chemistry, followed by job security, then fan support.

18. mcfarljd

mcfarljd New Member

Apr 12, 2005
    how can you increase chemistry other than having to pick one of those 3 options everytime they say the team is pissed

19. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    You just have the keep the most of the same players on your team.

20. mcfarljd

mcfarljd New Member

Apr 12, 2005
    alright one last question... i promoted to 'football league one' with bury, and have 80,000 cash right now with the following staff

striker - 6
    mid - 6
    defence - 4
    keeper - 4
    negotiator - 5
    scout - 5
    fitness - 8
    stadium - 6

where should i funnel money in to?

21. tcc_dc

tcc_dc New Member

Feb 22, 2002
    Vienna, VA
    Great thread, I figured I would add my career into this.

I started with the career mode from the beginning. My first job was for Pohang in Korea (lived there once, and figured i could brush up on my skills without pressure). The expectations was that I would contend for the title. Needless to say, I was fired at the end of the season.

So, I took my next job at Livingston (SP) league. The expectations were great for me, do not finish in last. :D Anyways, I finished ahead of two teams, which allowed me to keep my job. With the loyalty bonus, I invested in Scouting and the stadium. I did this since all of the players were rejecting my offers, saying that Livingston was not worthy of their time.

I started signing younger players, concentrating on defense and GK. I had my scout mainly go to the Americas and Africa as the contracts tended to be cheaper.

In my third year, I finally won the Scottish Cup, and raised expectations from the board. I almost got fired a couple of times, when I did not win the league. I kept getting the message that they would take me back, but would understand if I went elsewhere:(

But, slowly, I have built a pretty good team. I am in years 12, and have won a couple of Scottish Leagues and Scottish Cups. I still have not been able to conquer the European Championships. Still working, hopefully will finally beat Real or Chelsea when it matters:)

My whole goal was to be able to manage Man Utd (don't hate), but I notice I got attached to the underdog and cannot sign elsewhere.

Anyways, things I am most proud is I took my stadium from an initial 2 to a 9 now. None of my coaching staffs is below 8 now.

tcc

22. KesOne

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Dont mean to rain on this party, but I've played fifa games for a while now. Although this fifa06 wasnt that bad and actually took some skill, well now that I have WE9 I can say try it you wont go back. The movement is much smoother in WE9 and looks more realistic not like the player is ice skating as in fifa06. Anyway, still fifa06 is good. But just wanted to throw in my thoughts.

23. CbR

CbR Member

Nov 10, 2000
    Bergen County NJ
    i really dont get how you guys get any satisfaction in beating the computer and messing around in "career modes".

obviously you have a computer,,hook that bad boy up to your console and go online and play REAL ppl. You'll never mess with that career BS again

24. KesOne

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I know what you mean either fifa or the we games, as soon as I get them I go right online with them. If I'm gonna practice I like to do it online.

25. balla_basti

balla_basti Member

Aug 19, 2005
    Dhaka
    Anyone know how to curl the ball from free kicks if ur playing at PC?

Ive been trying this for a while now and nothing seems to work....