FIFA 16 (General discussion)

Discussion in 'Games' started by Mengão86, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Yea there was a patch like a week or two ago.

So I watched this video, used the formation and tactics he talked about, and I have been doing very well. I played 8 games last night in Div 4 and won all of them. I scored 3-4 goals a game and only conceded 3 in all 8 games. Highly recommend trying this for anyone struggling.

Stogey23 and Bolivianfuego repped this.
  2. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Jockeying defending is less effective this year than last IMO. That used to be my bread and butter.

3. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Had the strangest thing happen to my friend and I last night during co-op. It was 2-2 in the 80th+ minute when my friend strips the ball off the other team's right back. I was clear on goal so he played the through ball. I am running to the goal and it's a 1v1 with the keeper when the ball hits a wall. It looked like someone did a standing tackle on me, but the nearest defender was still quite a bit away. Reus turns around to collect the ball, but the defender had already caught up. A few passes later leads to a shot by the opponent which goes out for a corner. Corner goes straight into Neuer's hands and a penalty is called. There is no replay for the foul at all. Guy scores the penalty and we lose. Really felt like we were destined to lose.

4. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think PKs are incredibly "sensitive" this year. I've had clearer fouls outside of the PK area not called.

5. Soyrizo

Soyrizo Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey guys, looking to see if there is a bigsoccer Proclub to join (ps4)? Playing drop-in matches with my pro has been frustrating with people trying to dribble the entire squad and Gks running out of the box. Lmk

6. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Most of us are on xbox 1 except for @Mengão86 but I understand your pain. I play pro clubs with my friend and people are massive ball hogs.

7. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I haven't played Pro Clubs this year. I got too frustrated with it, mainly for the reasons you cited above.

8. Soyrizo

Soyrizo Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #108 Soyrizo, Nov 5, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
    If you're on PS4 hit me up, get some matches in - I believe there is co-op seasons as well. Psn: Tifosi_Cade

Also speaking on Fifa's ever growing learning curve... 16 has had me all messed up in the beginning with players controlling passes or in stride, so sloppy. I wanted to return it at first but I know I have to get these controls down or else it will be the same plus extra more buttons in 17. I can hardly ever explain how to do a particular skill or shot because it's all muscle memory at this point.

9. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I still want to return it and I am 200+ games in. It's probably the worst fifa I have ever played. Previous fifas had their issues, but this one's issues just make the game so joyless.

Wolfbeatseagle repped this.
  10. Soyrizo

Soyrizo Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We should write EA, maybe they'll listen..... :rolleyes:

11. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    Hate to say it, but I sort of agree. I have a lot less fun playing this FIFA, for whatever reason. Been thinking about giving FIFA 15 a try.

Seasons play is bad this year, you pretty much have to adopt a high pressure custom tactic to survive. And even then, if your opponent uses the same strategy, there is a good chance that you will be pinned in your own end while defensive geniuses like Gotze or Cazorla intercept pass after pass of yours. The relatively poor passing + the need to hit the driven pass for any ball longer than 10 yards is a difficult obstacle to constantly overcome.

I have gotten up to DIII but I honestly spend my time playing the tournament. So much of the time I end up forfeiting after winning the first round, because I can't get a 2nd round game without waiting 10 minutes.

EDIT: Sorry, this is largely a FUT-play related complaint, but I imagine Online Seasons is similar at the higher levels. I stomped through to D4 with the Galaxy and haven't gone back yet. Prob should!

What do you guys think about Online Seasons play?

Skevin repped this.
  12. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Same.

I feel it gives people who play the game like FIFA Street too much power. The 'forcing' of making a user have to use the 'power' pass in order to do a legit, through the middle, direct pass is stupid. If I didn't know about that feature, I'd have returned or sold this game off already.

The defending is horrible and because of the bad passing, much of it not your fault, you get shit goals scored on you from bad passing in the back. Guys who like to do just cnostant tricks often are rewarded with BS goals and beating their man.

This game is frustrating and makes me want to give PES a shot again.

Anyone try it yet?

Mengão86 and Skevin repped this.
  13. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    663818833313026048 is not a valid tweet id

And no tweaks to gameplay....

14. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Who cares Fallout 4 is out tonight

ttrevett repped this.
  15. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it's kind of entertaining, the unpredictable nature of the current FIFA, but I can see where it would piss people off. They tried to implement the physical play and unpredictable bounce of the ball but didn't really finish the thought.

PES is worth a try IMO, after about a decade layoff. I bought both titles this year because people started talking up PES again, and what's a savings account anyway? It's not without its embarrassing flaws (refs, lack of licenses, roster update a month after launch), but the gameplay is really fun. Passing/movement is great, and so is the fluid formation.

16. AutoPenalti

AutoPenalti Am I famous yet?

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    PSN: Coronaa__ (2 underscores)

17. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Nice! How's the online play? I remember that being the biggest factor that turned me off from the game. I thrive on playing online and on the PS2 days, it was OK. On the PS3 it caused me to quit playing because of how bad it was.

18. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've honestly not played online for PES, but the reason their first roster update was so late was because they spent all of their time working on any online play bugs that might have come up. They definitely understand that online play is a deal breaker and seem to prioritize that.

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  19. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I've basically completely stopped playing. The game sucks. I might come back and play when EA does certain tournaments if the prizes are good, but other than that, I have zero interest in playing again. I might finish my career mode and do the occasional co-op though.

Stogey23 repped this.
  20. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone had much luck using the new training tools in career mode for FIFA 16?

21. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you mean overall? You seem to still be posting in the Ultimate Team site? What specifically about the game sucks?

22. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Yea I have got a few players to higher ratings with a mix of training and playing. You gotta make sure to do it each week though.

I'm playing a little career mode, but ultimate team is basically done for me. I really don't enjoy it.

As many of you know, I put a lot of time and effort into previous fifas. At times fifa would drive us mad with terrible bugs, and how poor ea ran the game, but I have to put my foot down with fifa 16. At least the previous fifas had some type of fun aspect to it. Yes it sucked when you lost matches, but when you went on a hot streak or packed/bought that amazing player on Ultimate team, you had fun. This fifa is just too different. Even when I am winning games I don't feel like I am having fun. Every single person I play plays exactly the same exact way, but it's not their fault. There is literally only one game style in this game. I know in previous fifas it was all pace, but at least if you were a skilled player you could try new playing styles like passing, crossing, or counter attack. This fifa everyone plays high pressure. It's terrible and unimaginative, but if you try to change up how you play, you will lose a lot. This game is seriously flawed and looks like ea just scrapped a game together a week before release. I know I already bought the game so I still gave ea money, but I will stop giving ea any more money at least. I won't spend any money on fifa points, I refuse to buy battlefront for its lack of content, and I will now wait before I pick up an EA game. I've had enough of this.

ttrevett and Bolivianfuego repped this.
  23. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ouch, someone should forward this to EA. Someone as dedicated as you saying something like this is not great for the company.

24. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Update 1.05 is now available for the PC version and will apparently be available for both the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions soon.

-G

25. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States