FIFA 16 (General discussion)

Discussion in 'Games' started by Mengão86, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Austin Cunanan

Austin Cunanan New Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I really want to buy it but ever since 15 updates, i'm just rethinking about it -.- Is it worth?

2. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I notice now, defense is VERY key in this game. A buddy of mine terrorize in the co-op and are about to make it to D1 in such little time!

Still, my main gripe with this game is the faulty passing AI. There will be times taht the game will force you to pass it to the wrong person because I feel if it did make the 'right' pass this game would be too easy. I think the game does this to give more parity/chaos...which isn't right.

3. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    The Galaxy are fantastic to use for seasons. No team you will face can match the front 5 of Lletget, Zardes, Dos Santos, Gerrard, and Keane. And the opposition keepers are often poor, so the latter 3 can shoot on sight from almost anywhere.

4. Chance

Chance Member+

Minnesota United FC
    United States
    Apr 5, 2012
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any of you have a preferred formation yet? I've tried a bunch, but I say I'm best with the 433(3).

5. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Guys, any tips on how to get better with the passing in this game? Is there any settings I can tweak to mess with passing power or how to better get the ball where I really want it to like I used to be able to in the past game. Drop offs and short passing are personally, horrible for me. Too many times I'm on a good counter and the AI making the ball go to someone I didn't intend to kills a counter or a good opportunity.

6. Chance

Chance Member+

Minnesota United FC
    United States
    Apr 5, 2012
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Use RB+A (it's a power pass), really helped me clean up my passing game.

7. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Anyone figure out how to get over the dumb passing in this game? Too many times I do a 'drop off' to a guy running around me and what would get that to work in FIFA 15 now sends the ball too many times to the wrong guy, or doing a short pass on a counter, or a through ball, the AI screws it up and sends it to the wrong person essentially taking away my advantage on counter, then leaving me open because the game didn't ge the ball to where I wanted.

I've tried to mess with settings in hopes of it fixing it some, but so far nothing.

Any suggestions? This is getting too damn frustrating because my success in FIFAs has been due to my ability to create plays in tight spaces through passing.

8. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The way I defended in last year's game has been made less effective in this year. I relied on jocking and standing my ground in the back, rather than gambling on a tackle. Whenever I try that now, my player tends to avoid the ball for some reason. I used to be able to anticipated where the ball and player would go and I'd cut it out.

9. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Agree. Defending is a bit harder. I thought I was pretty good this year earliy on, but now people have caught up and gotten better and I am bad again. :)

Sorry, Mengao--I saw you moved my posts to here.

WaSn't subscribed to this thread but I thanks!

Thanks, Chance! I'll try that out.

Honestly, I really want to try PES because of the shockingly good reviews its received.

10. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ha, I wasn't the one that moved your posts.

I'm giving up more possession than I'm accustomed to. I was always effective on the counter whenever I had to use it, but I'd always prefer keeping possession and building up slowly (not too slow, but most people play fast build up).

11. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea--I am getting frustrated because my style of play is screwed by the pasing in this game. I wish I could record the times that I've lost the ball trying to pass to a taemmate to only pass it too long or to the wrong person and then for them to counter as I am building steam at 2/3rds of the field.

It's so frustrating because what you knew would work in 15, it doesn't let you in this one almost because it wants to make itself harder....but it does it by implementing bad passing.

I just don't know if I am not doing something or if I need to relearn the joystick and how to get the ball where i want it. The majority of the time I am good, but it's only on REAL attacking moments does this game screw me.

12. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Alright I found a very consistent way to save penalties. I'll post it here, but I don't want to see it on reddit or the ea forums cause it's stupidly effective, so I don't want to deal with it when I have to score a pk. Including a pk shoot out, I have stopped 7 out of my last 10 pks.

Basically when your opponent begins his run up, takes 1-2 steps with your keeper to the keeper's left or the striker's right. Here is a beautiful drawing I made to illustrate where to stand.

[​IMG]

I've found that most people shot to that side of the goal on their pks, BUT the best part of standing in that spot is that even if your opponent goes down the middle, your keeper will still parry it. I recently found that out in a pk shootout. Don't dive, and don't touch your controller. Just let your opponent take the shot and if it's in catching distance of your keeper, he will grab it. If it's a couple feet from him, your keeper will automatically dive without you even doing anything. Only way to score is if your opponent chose the other way. It's a 50/50 guess whereas regular diving is probably 10-20%.

Chance and Bolivianfuego repped this.
  13. Chance

Chance Member+

Minnesota United FC
    United States
    Apr 5, 2012
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I played some dude this weekend who did this and he saved two of my penalties so I drew 1-1 instead of winning 3-1... very frustrating, but effective.

14. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Was...was that me? I had the same thing happen to me but I was the one who saved 2 penalties. Penalties were complete bs if I remember right and one was pretty late in the game.

15. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I've found that most people shoot to the side of their stronger foot. For example, if you are facing Messi, who's left footed, he will shot to his left.

16. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I must say....this has helped me A LOT! It lets me give good passes to guys I actually WANT IT to go to. Does it work with through balls too?

17. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The downside to that pass is that sometimes players do not trap the ball properly and it bounces away from them.

18. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yep. I just make sure that my team has a lot of good 'dribbler' type players that CAN trap better.

Still struggling though lol. Also, the feint button is pretty awesome, specificilally the 'big' ones when holding that and the turbo button.

19. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I haven't had success with the feint. I get disarmed too easily, so I'm probably doing something wrong.

My dribbling now consists of holding R2 + L2 (on and off). It's helped me force some PKs.

20. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    What formations do you all use? I am struggling finding one formation I am good with to be honest.

21. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea--I use it a lot like I would in real life. When a guy is chasing me or when you're about to get to a guy.

I'm no pro yet with it either. Just screwing around with it at this point.

22. Daekor

Daekor Member

Dec 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I use a defensive 4-4-1-1 WIDE with two defensive midfielders one CAM and one striker. Like Chelsea use.

23. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I am really bad at this game. The patch has made the game really difficult for me. In Fifa 15 I had a 8:1 win loss ratio. In 16 I have a 3:1 but since the patch it's 1:1.

24. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    0 for 6 on penalties converted. The keeper always guesses right. I am hitting 3-4 posts each game, missing break aways, and completely out shooting my opponents, but I lose all the time. 20+ shots on goal to a guy who has 4, I lose 3-1. I really don't like this game.

25. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    What patch?? What did I miss??

For me, I've always been a shitty defender, in real life and in this game lol.

What angers me about this game is the way how it's getting away from 'real life' to forcing you to have to do 'tricks' or hold buttons to just get the same gameplay you used to without having to 'train' yourself for this game.

I remember picking up a controller and just doing through balls, possession, passing, and finishing without the 'flashy' moves or the 'forced' on to you button combos to do things that used to be easier/automatic in past games.

I feel like it's more street fighter than a footie game.

My gripe.

With that said, defending has been the bane to my online existance, but the jockeying defending has helped a ton.