FIFA 16 (General discussion)

Discussion in 'Games' started by Mengão86, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Has anyone heard anything from FIFA in regards to the announcement of leagues and the release date for the demo? Within the last week or so, they have been talking about new stadiums and other new features (mainly career mode), but they haven't made any mention of new leagues.

2. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The game is scheduled to hit stores on Tuesday, September 22nd (at least in the U.S.).

No release date has been revealed yet for its demo, but in the last few years the demo had been released two weeks before the full game itself and this year's demo has been rumored to be released on Tuesday, September 8th.

I haven't heard anything yet about new leagues. Hopefully soon, and hopefully the Brazilian league will return as well.

In any case, which team(s) are you planning to play as in this game? :)

-G

3. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Career mode? I was looking at using newly promoted Ligue 2 team, Red Star Paris. If the Brazilian league returns, I'll use my club, of course. I'm not sure what EPL team I should chose.

4. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    PES Demo is out next week I believe. I am gonna download it. It actually looked very good. PES just needs a bigger user base and it would be better. A lot of the issues are people have trouble finding matches.

5. usry723

usry723 Member+

Aug 14, 2008
    Georgia, USA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love the gameplay in PES (mostly the speed of play), I just can't get over the licensing crap. I wish FIFA and PES could somehow merge the best of both games together. I'll most likely stick with FIFA.

6. Pigs

Pigs Member

Everton FC
    England
    Mar 31, 2001
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #6 Pigs, Aug 10, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
    Licensed teams shouldn't be a problem because you can easily download real player names and club names and badges etc by someone who put them on the web for free.

I played PES from 1998-2008 when it was good (it went downhill after 2007). Looks like it's making a comeback.

Now as I've got older I think player names, and new football games in general are just BS.

I started paying for one every 2 years. But unless FIFA '16 is a lot different to FIFA '14 then I'll skip it. Plus I'm still only half way thru a career mode (7 seasons) and I've had that since release.

7. Pigs

Pigs Member

Everton FC
    England
    Mar 31, 2001
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

I used to play online with PES on 2008, every opponent picked Barcelona, I was so fed up that I just picked Saudi Arabia. I quite enjoyed beating people with a crap team, but got fed up with people switching off at half time when they were 3-0 down.

I rememebr trying that with FIFA 10' but to my surprise my opponents were crap teams too. EA levelled it up, which I liked. But same thing happened, I'd be beating opponents and they'd switch off before the game had even finished.

That was my last experience of online footy games.

8. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The PES 16 trailer looks like crap. The graphics and ball movement looks like FIFA from 5 years or more ago. The player animation makes everyone look short and fat.

9. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That pretty much sums up most of online gaming IMO -- footy games and others.

10. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    PES has fallen off quite a bit in recent years IMO. The graphics for the new one looked good to me when I saw some screenshots. I haven't seen the trailer yet.

11. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Closed beta of pro clubs online now, I like it! Feels better than 15 -- I like the pop up from slide, I like the driven ground pass, I think the defense feels smarter and fullbacks seem to not be completely moronic, and eventually the free-moving feint system will be really fun but right now I suck at it.

Feels fun! My Firmino-type LF is doing OK so far.

12. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Once FIFA stole almost everything that made PES good control-wise, now it's just a competition in terms of polish and presentation... FIFA winning handily at this point.

13. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where did you pick this up? Also, I assume you're speaking of FIFA not PES?

14. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got an e-vite to join.

Yes, FIFA 16... but the PES demo is actually pretty fun too, I haven't played that game in years but it's better than I remember.

15. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where does a man get that evite?

16. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You might try googling, I have no idea. It showed up in my email randomly.

Only lasts till the 23rd, not sure if they send more out or what.

17. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Pes 16 demo is actually fun. I really like how the shooting feels and it's not pace dominated. I couldn't just sprint down the wing with robben or neymar and expect to be through on goal. It's a much better game for people who like to pass and prefer splitting defenses with patient play.

EruditeHobo repped this.
  18. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'll try it, but I always hated it's arcadey feel.

19. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Tuesday, September 8th demo release date has been confirmed, as have the demo teams and stadiums:

[​IMG]

-G

20. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Demo available now. :thumbsup:

-G

21. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Downloading it while watching Brazil vs USA.

22. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    How is everyone liking the demo?

23. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Played two games, including a FUT draft. It's a small sample size, but I liked the feel of the players. I had one goal where my player made an interesting finish. I haven't noticed much difference yet from FIFA 15. How do you use that new dribbling feature?

24. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    No idea, but if anyone figures it out, please let us know. I wanted to try that out.

Players feel a little stiff to me. It also seems harder to complete a through ball or over the top, which is fine by me. Dribbling is still really good. I had trouble defend a striker who was just moving side to side because of how clunky the defender's movement was. I am also scoring way too easily. If I finesse my shots, I'd say nearly all go in, or they create a tap in rebound. I beat Barca 11-1 on World Class difficulty just by finessing. Although I could never score with just a regular shot. I also scored 2 goals that were clearly offside and they counted! I had Ronaldo run from inside my opponents goal and tap in a deflected shot in a clear off side position. Then I had a shot hit Kagawa who was at least a few yards off and go in the net, but nothing was called.

25. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I noticed the same thing. I won 8-0 and more of my finesse shots were going in compared to last year, but it doesn't sound like they were going in at the same rate as yours.

Another thing I noticed was I could finally put a through ball out to my wingers and complete the pass with greater success. In 15, the fullback would be able to turn around as my winger is in full sprint and outrun my winger to the ball when both are positioned on the same "line." The ball I placed is also closer to my winger as he just needs to run in a straight line.